Bigger bust.. Kwame Brown or Kenyon Martin?

Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Martin was like a 20 and 10 dude for a few years before his injury woes, and he was an All-Star.

Come on, man.
bottom line.. martin aint shhhhhh without jason kidd.. he left new jersey and got exposed.. at this point right now, kwame gives a team more than what kenyon gives a team.. forget what he coulda, woulda, shoulda been.. im talking about right now... even KG and TD21 said Kwame was one of the hardest defenders to go against... guess im just old school.. id rather have a good on ball post defender...
LMAO. Kenyon is the better on the ball defender period. KMart can guard big men too. Don't get it twisted. Do you not remember him guarding 2,3 and 4's with the Nets and being good at that? Short-term memory, my man. The man was versatile. Yes, his offensive game is hideous, but the boy could play. Kwame was so much more of a bust. You want to say JKidd is the reason why KMart is so good, but what have the Nets done without him filling the lane on the break. He has had many knee/leg surgeries taking away the parts of the game. You said who was a bigger bust, not who is more beneficial to a team now. In that case, Kwame Brown > Chris Webber, Penny Hardaway. Your logic is flawed. KMart was unworthy?? Who should have been number 1 then? Acting like KMart ain't ever been productive.
haha.. since when has kenyon ever been considered a good on ball defender??? maybe from the weak side.. and u prove my point, he was good at filling the lane on the break, but beyond that, what is he good for?? a couple tip in dunks?? my point was he was good in the situation he was at in NJ.. without those factors, he doesnt really do anything for a team.. at least with Brown, who i admit is also horrid, adds a DEFENSIVE presence..
you obviously have never watched Kenyon play healthy. His face up jumper on the post was always money. I'm not going to argue with you, you'retrying to tell me that Kwame Brown has had more of an impact in the NBA than Kenyon Martin.

I'd say she's a bigger bust than both of them
laugh.gif

6q9ouon.jpg

Kenyon is not a bust.

He had a good couple years in Jersey, then got hit by injuries in Denver but is now back on the court. I don't see Kenyon as a bust.

Looking at that Graph.... Kwame leads by far as the biggest bust.... Martin has been fragile since his BearCat days... whats Kwame's excuse??
laugh.gif

how the hell is martin a bust...i swear some of guys should stop watching ball

My man, boy do I want to slap you right now.
laugh.gif
, no, you want me to slap myself foractually thinking about th is.

Kenyon was a beast, injuries took him down...

At least Kenyon can blame his downfall on injuries. Kwame can blame his on....

Wait...you have to be good at one point to have a fall.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

Pre-injuries Kenyon > Post-injuries Kenyon >Projected Kwame>High school Kwame>Lakers Towel Boy> Kwame
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats the truth right there. Kwame in my opinion is EASILY the #1 bust of all time.

But as for K Mart, sure he wsnt a great #1 pick but in no way a bust...

First of all he was nice with NJ and injuries have made him what he is today

But 2nd of all K Mart was in a VERY weak draft with few people who are impact players today. The best player in that whole draft was a 2nd round pick (MichaelRedd) very few players in that draft have made impact in the NBA. When he was with the Nets he was good enough to be a #1 pick in that draft. Not necessarilygood enough to be a great #1 pick, but for that draft he was in no way a bust and was godd #1 pick. After Michael redd who was a suprise there was a whole ottabusts and only guys like Jamal Crawford (
glasses.gif
, Mike Miller (5), and Quentin Richardson(18) became impact NBA player and I THINK that outside of Redd none of the players have been allstars. Although i think Crawford will be in a few years, hesstill very young and in my opinion one of the best scorers in the NBA and has not reached his full potential yet.

As for Kwame, in no way is/was he as good as K Mart was/is, but also he was also icked in a better draft inf front of numerous impact players such as...

Tyson Chandler (2)
Pau Gasol (3)
Eddy Curry (4)
sick.gif

Jason Richardson (5)
Shane Battier (6)
Joe Johnson (10)
Zach Randolph (19)
Gerald Wallace (25)
Samuel Daleembert (26)
Jamaal Tinsley (27)
Tony Parker (29)
Gilbert Arenas (31)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Memet Okur (38)
Bobby Simmons (42)

An those are just the players that went on to make large impacts in the NBA. There are many others that have had decent NBA careers as well, and those that arebetter than any one outside of the players mentioned in '99, or at least better than Kwame (not saying much) Safe to say that this was VERY talented andVERY deep draft class compared to the one in '99. And out of all these great players (many allstars, even some elite players and NBA title players) butouyt oof all these great and deep players Kwame was #1.

Not only is he pathetic but he was picked in a great draft class! The Wizard coulda changed their whole future by taking ANYONE else pretty much in that whole1st round. Now if thats not the biggest bust of all time i dont know who is. Even Olawakandee (sp) was better than Kwame. e was at least a legit NBA starterfor many years, with the Clips and the Wolves. Kwame could NEVER start.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Kenyon was raw as hell before the injuries, I still think he can get back into his game. Dude is one of my favorite in the league.

Kwame is a BUST...he would beast it up in the WNBA though...they have smaller sized basketballs

I guess the PS never saw Martin goin off on Duncan in the 03 Finals, ish was almost as bad as what Amare did in 05 to TD

I cant believe people actually say Kenyon isnt a bust. Yes he had a couple good years in New Jersey, but so did Mikkey Moore. Kidd was the only reason Martinevery played well. Kwame is a bigger bust though.

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

I'd say she's a bigger bust than both of them
laugh.gif

6q9ouon.jpg
I'd love to have a bust like that on my team.
pimp.gif

As for the question in the thread, I'd have to go with Kwame as the bigger bust. At least Kenyon had a number of pretty productive years as a pro. Ican't say the same for Kawme.

haha.. since when has kenyon ever been considered a good on ball defender???
eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

You must've started watching the NBA 2 seasons ago.

Kenyon Martin was KNOWN around the league to be a GOOD on-ball defender.

During his NETS days, Kenyon would be assigned to guard not only 4s, but also 2s and 3s and sometimes even 5s.

Kenyon Martin was an All-Star...Kwame Brown is lucky to even be on the All-Star Ballot
laugh.gif

In his prime, Kenyon Martin STEPPED UP his game in the PLAYOFFS. When it mattered. KMart dominated the East back then. He was giving it to the whole Celticsteam...Sheed and Ben in their defensive primes couldn't contain him. He was POSTING them up and hitting em with moves and and face up jumpers all serieslong...hell even in the the Finals against the LAkers, he was the only Net that was doing his thing. The only time he got "locked down" was againstTD...but TD was so dominating and would've locked down anyone during that time.

Seriously, injuries robbed this man of at least 1 or 2 more all-star appearances. Best believe if it was Kenyon Martin in his PRIME playing with the Nuggetstoday, they would be a top 3 team in the West.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

haha.. since when has kenyon ever been considered a good on ball defender???
eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

During his NETS days, Kenyon would be assigned to guard not only 4s, but also 2s and 3s and sometimes even 5s.

Kenyon Martin was an All-Star...Kwame Brown is lucky to even be on the All-Star Ballot
laugh.gif

In his prime, Kenyon Martin STEPPED UP his game in the PLAYOFFS. When it mattered. KMart dominated the East back then. He was giving it to the whole Celtics team...Sheed and Ben in their defensive primes couldn't contain him. He was POSTING them up and hitting em with moves and and face up jumpers all series long...hell even in the the Finals against the LAkers, he was the only Net that was doing his thing. The only time he got "locked down" was against TD...but TD was so dominating and would've locked down anyone during that time.

Seriously, injuries robbed this man of at least 1 or 2 more all-star appearances. Best believe if it was Kenyon Martin in his PRIME playing with the Nuggets today, they would be a top 3 team in the West.
thank you. that's what I was trying to say. KMart was known for his defense. Yes, he made the occasional weak-side help block, but that wasn'twhat he was known for.

laugh.gif

In his prime, Kenyon Martin STEPPED UP his game in the PLAYOFFS. When it mattered. KMart dominated the East back then. He was giving it to the whole Celtics team...Sheed and Ben in their defensive primes couldn't contain him. He was POSTING them up and hitting em with moves and and face up jumpers all series long...hell even in the the Finals against the LAkers, he was the only Net that was doing his thing. The only time he got "locked down" was against TD...but TD was so dominating and would've locked down anyone during that time.

Seriously, injuries robbed this man of at least 1 or 2 more all-star appearances. Best believe if it was Kenyon Martin in his PRIME playing with the Nuggets today, they would be a top 3 team in the West.
Very well said...

Back
Top Bottom