Best Stadiums in MLB....vol. No Shea

I need to catch a ballgame at Camden, I gotta admit when the yankees or red sox play there and people actually care it looks amazing but they don't have ateam to root for. Of course Yankee Stadium is always so amazing. I feel sitting there that we're actually giving our squad an advantage because everyone isso knowledgeable and cheering the team on at all times. I feel sorry for the Braves for having to play for those ungrateful fans in Atlanta. They're theHouston rockets of baseball.

Yankee Stadium...being bias lol....

I like PNC park. The view and everything looks crazy

Anyone else ABSOLUTELY HATE sponsorships of pro stadiums?

^I do, names like Yankee Stadium FTW, PETCO Park FTL

my favorite:
projects3.jpg

Fountains and the big Logo Scoreboard
pimp.gif

best place to watch a game in terms of atmosphere, fenway, but in terms of comfort....hell no.....not fenway....unless you like sitting in seats 1/2 the sizeof your butt with no leg room....

uscellular.jpg

Fan Deck

ftw!!!

The Cell > peeing in troughs

smh.gif

Ballpark Attractions

* Fan Deck: A unique, panoramic view of the playing field on the two-tiered Fan Deck atop the center field concession stands.
* Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar: Located in right field next to the visitor's bullpen. Great food, fine spirits and, for a nominal charge, sit in the two-tiered, open-air section.
* Rain Room: Cool mist for hot summer days. Near section 107 & 537.
* Pontiac Fundamentals Deck: Located in left field. Kids will love the baseball clinics, batting cages, baserunning and practice pitching areas.
* Majestic Custom T-Shirt Shop: The Majestic Custom T-Shirt Shop stocks various White Sox items from t-shirts and hooded sweatshirts to memorabilia and souvenirs. Customers have their choice of design, size and item to customize and make your own, printed while you wait.
* Chicagoland Plumbing Council Shower: A carry-over from old Comiskey Park and a fan favorite. Near Section 160.
* United Scout Seats: The best seats in the house, some of which are closer to home plate than the pitcher! Located directly behind home plate.
* Jim Beam Club: The ultimate baseball experience in the most intimate and luxurious area in the ballpark.
* Minnie Minoso Sculpture: Located at Section 164.
* Carlton Fisk Sculpture: Located at Section 164.
* Charles Comiskey Sculpture: Located at Section 100.
* Luis Aparicio Sculpture: Located at Section 100.
* Nellie Fox Sculpture: Located at Section 100.
* Billy Pierce Sculpture: Located at Section 164.
* Harold Baines Sculpture: To be unveiled July 20th at the center field concourse when the White Sox take on the Kansas City Royals

[edit] Fundamentals Deck

The 15,000-square-foot Pontiac Fundamentals area is devoted to young White Sox fans, providing them with the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of baseball from Chicago White Sox Training Academy coaches. It features a youth-sized wiffle ball diamond for coaching clinics, batting and pitching cages, batting "swing" boxes for proper batting techniques and areas for base running and skills instruction.
Burgers, curly fries and Miller Lite in the Bullpen Bar

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My uncle summed up the New Comiski pretty well, he said something along the lines that it is by far the worst of the new stadiums ever created. Wasn't itpaid for by the tax payers too?

I've been to many stadiums- in no particular order
1) Wrigley - great for a game, and wonderful atmosphere. Beer was cheaper than AT&T/Pac Bell
2) New Comiski - Not a great stadium, given when it was built and what was built in recent years around that time, they got the shaft in terms of design. But Ilike the White Sox, they're my Chi-town version of the A's.
3) AT&T/Pac Bell - great stadium, scenery. Now the team sucks. The crowd is annoying too, very constantly getting up, not passionate. Its like since thestadium was new it was just the cool place ot be.
4) Candlestick - The bleachers here awesome, the stadium and parking lots are trashy.
5) Oakland Colisum - MacAfee: Forever ruined because of my Raiders. Used to be a nice little stadium with great views of the Hills (not LC). Now it has toomuch foul ground and just is a nightmare.
6) Anaheim - Nothing spectacular, decent place to catch a game.
7) Safeco - niceily built, good place, good seats. I mean really, there was only 1 way go from the kingdome - UP.
glasses.gif
Milwaukee - I can only imagine how bad of a place County Stadium was, but Miller Field was great to me. I sat up in the 3rd upper deck and it wasn't badat all. We caught a cubs game and it was mostly cubs fans too. Parking lot was horrible, but for $5, can't knock it.
9) Fenway - My gf and I checked out a game last season, actually the day after the no hitter. I love historical parks, and we sat out in right field,wasn't too bad, the shape is off a bit but really, just thinking of the people sitting and passing through the stadium is crazy.
10) Pro Player Stadium - similar to Oakland

There's probably a couple I can't remember off the top of my head, but you get the idea. I've seen others or toured them, but haven't caught agame...like Mile High, Toronoto, and a couple others.

DoubleJs, has anyone hit the warehouse since Griffey?

and Great American is not terrible, not saying it's the best by any means, but it's an awesome park to watch a game.

i just hope i'm able to get to all those different parks i've mentioned before this summer.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I think that Griff is the only guy to have that distinction.....that's a LONG way from homeplate...

You sure about that? I'm almost positive I remember watching and seeing somebody knock one out of the window. When did Griffey do it though because Ithink this was pre-2000.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I think that Griff is the only guy to have that distinction.....that's a LONG way from homeplate...

You sure about that? I'm almost positive I remember watching and seeing somebody knock one out of the window. When did Griffey do it though because I think this was pre-2000.

Jr. hit the warehouse in 1993, but not during a game. It was during the Home Run Derby. No one else has hit the warehouse on the fly since then. There's even a spot marking where the ball hit on the warehouse.

No rain delays... Ever!
pimp.gif

I've only been here, so my opinion is biased
smile.gif
nerd.gif

It's going to be sad when the new stadium opens... So many memories in the Homer Dome
frown.gif

metrodome.jpg

^^^^ The Metrodome is the dust...

The friendly confines of Wrigley Field...
wrigley_field.jpg

169976639_c2469ec98f.jpg

The best atmosphere in baseball. The neighborhood, the stadium, the whole atmosphere...

As nice as Houston's stadium (whatever it's called now) is aesthetically, I think Left field is an absolute joke. I hate stadiums that have that shortof a porch in the outfield and/or are that square shape.

Is there another sport that doesn't have a standard dimension for the field of play? (obviously the infield is standard)

Jacob's Field (now Progressive Field but it will never change to me)

I've been there, Cinci's new stadium and Twins Stadium and honestly the Jake is the best out of those. I really need to get to Wrigley though, I hearthe neighborhood and area is fabulous.

Back
Top Bottom