Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman

^
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xAiRMaXiNx

Ha Tiger didn't do anything against the law and his face was EVERYWHERE, this fool is a serial rapist and they barely talk about it. I'll say it again America is a f'd up place

cant front, thats a hilarious yet good point.

Tiger is one of the most popular athletes in the world.

Ben isn't even the most popular player in his conference.

2 different dynamics.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by xAiRMaXiNx

Ha Tiger didn't do anything against the law and his face was EVERYWHERE, this fool is a serial rapist and they barely talk about it. I'll say it again America is a f'd up place

cant front, thats a hilarious yet good point.

Agreed.  I was laughing and nodding at the same time.

Originally Posted by dreClark

2 different dynamics.

But even still, the amount (or lack of) press for Ben is flat out appalling. I'm pulling the damn race card.

Hell, if it was Quincy Carter with 2 rape charges in 6 months, he'd be all on ESPN, and that _ was/is a SCRUB.

The Milledgeville cop who filed the initial incident report accusingPittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assaultposed in pictures with the NFL star hours earlier, the MilledgevilleUnion-Recorder reports.

Roethlisberger's accuser, a 20-year-old female student at GeorgiaCollege and State University, found Sgt. Jerry Blash to report thealleged incident last week.

Blash, who had taken several close-up pictures in the city'sdowntown area with the quarterback, reportedly wrote the initial reportthat did not identify Roethlisberger as the suspect.

Police Chief Woodrow Blue told the Union-Recorder that officershandled the case properly, and the investigators on the case were notamong other officers pictured with Roethlisberger.

"The photographs did not and have not affected the investigation at all," Blue told the Union-Recorder.

fp-roethlisberger_452789g.jpg

Ben cheesin'...cop must have known what was coming. Already with the
indifferent.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Ben Latest: VIP Partier Tells Story, Private Eye Hired, Cop Seen In Photo[/h1]MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- A young woman told Channel 4 Action News on Friday that she was one of about 20 who partied with Ben Roethlisberger at a nightclub last week on the night that a female college student told police she was sexually assaulted by the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback.

"Everyone keeps talking about how nice he was. He was not nice," the woman said.
[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]

Capital City nightclub in Milledgeville, Ga.
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

The woman -- who asked not to be identified -- told reporter Ari Hait that people who were with Roethlisberger invited her into the VIP area of the the Capital City club."

A bunch of big guys were like, 'Come back in here,' and I was like, I'm just trying to have fun, whatever," she said.http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/22827036/index.html

She said that women were fawning over the star quarterback, and that he hit on her but she wasn't interested and didn't like the way he was acting, so she left."

He bought a round of shots for girls and said, 'All you #++#%$%, take my shots,' and I got pissed because that's very rude and disrespectful to call girls a bunch of #++#%$%," she said.

Before she left, she said she saw Roethlisberger with the woman who would eventually become his accuser. She didn't think anything of it until the next morning when she heard about the accusations."

The fact that people are talking about how he's such a nice guy at the bar, buying us a bunch of shots, because there's a bunch of drunk girls happy that they're getting free shots -- he was very arrogant," she said.

Roethlisberger has not been charged with any crimes. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is continuing to look into the 20-year-old woman's claims of what happened to her in the early-morning hours of March 5.

Atlanta attorney Ed Garland has been hired by Roethlisberger, and the lawyer had private investigator Charles Mittelstadt in Milledgeville on Friday to ask questions and try to figure out what happened on the night in question. Mittelstadt has worked on behalf of Baltimore Ravens star Ray Lewis and rapper T.I. in the past."

I won't comment specifically about any particular aspect, but I think you can assume that we're looking into all aspects of this allegation," Mittelstadt told Channel 4 Action News on Friday.

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]

The Union-Recorder

Jerry Blash and Ben Roethlisberger (Photo from The Union-Recorder)
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
Also on Friday, the local Union-Recorder newspaper published a photo that shows Milledgeville Police Sgt. Jerry Blash posing with his arm around Roethlisberger hours before the alleged victim approached Blash to report that she was assaulted.

Police Chief Woodrow Blue told the newspaper that even though Blash wrote the incident report -- which did not include Roethlisberger's name -- he had little involvement in the subsequent investigation and the picture of Blash with Roethlisberger did not affect the investigation "at all."

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is handling the majority of the investigation because of the Milledgeville Police Department's limited resources.

According to Carl Cansino, a lawyer for Capital City, Blash came to the nightclub to arrange the VIP room for Roethlisberger and his friends.

Cansino said he doesn't know if Blash was focused on helping Roethlisberger or if he was trying to keep the streets safe."

It could even be crowd control -- like, say, there's a lot of people in the line there, maybe at the instruction of one of them, can you see if you can get us in so we can get off the street because we're just tired of maybe giving autographs or whatever the case may be," Cansino said.

roll.gif
smh.gif

2 different dynamics.
Agreed. Let's not try and make this an issue of another sort people. 

I put Steelers in the same category I put the Patriots....

Classless.....

The Patriots cheated to win...

The Steelers needed a rapist QB to win...

If they were have the venerable organization they (and their fans) make them out to be they would have released Ben Roethlisbjeboaburger (whatever) the first time he did this. The fact that they stood by this scum-bag and didn't penalize him in the least THE FIRST TIME tells me that hey....

As long as he kept winning they had no intention of letting him go. I hate what owners will do for a ring. This past decade has been just a complete crock as far as Football goes. So much scum-baggery. First Spy-gate now this....

I mean seriously, if my boy Eli got caught doing this and no one did anything about it I would probably stop being a Giant fan (or an NFL fan for that matter). I never understood how some fans can go to sleep happy with their team with guys like Ben Rothlisberbabebabeerger being their QB.

It's like Patriot fans being happy with their 3 championships after hearing about spy-gate. "BUT IT WAS JUST THAT ONE SEASON"!!!!!!

Lol riiiiight....

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Classless.....

If they were have the venerable organization they (and their fans) make them out to be they would have released Ben Roethlisbjeboaburger (whatever) the first time he did this. The fact that they stood by this scum-bag and didn't penalize him in the least THE FIRST TIME tells me that hey....

As long as he kept winning they had no intention of letting him go. I hate what owners will do for a ring. This past decade has been just a complete crock as far as Football goes. So much scum-baggery. First Spy-gate now this....

I mean seriously, if my boy Eli got caught doing this and no one did anything about it I would probably stop being a Giant fan (or an NFL fan for that matter). I never understood how some fans can go to sleep happy with their team with guys like Ben Rothlisberbabebabeerger being their QB.

It's like Patriot fans being happy with their 3 championships after hearing about spy-gate. "BUT IT WAS JUST THAT ONE SEASON"!!!!!!

Lol riiiiight....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and i'm a giants fan. you are reaching hard sir

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

2 different dynamics.

What about all the attention Kobe got? He got so much trouble for what ultimately was CONSENSUAL SEX......

Ben raped two women, on two separate occasions. Threw money at it the first time and got away with it. NO ONE so much as batted an eye. ESPN did NOT give a flying @(#@ about it...

When it should have been THE TOPIC OF THE DAY on Superbowl sunday. His actions should have cast a cloud on that game, but they didn't. No one cared...

Why?

Because he's white. That's why. People may not want to bring up race, but race is really the major catalyst in MOST controversies today. You may not want to make this another sort of issue, but it is. It really, truly is.

2 different dynamics.

What about all the attention Kobe got? He got so much trouble for what ultimately was CONSENSUAL SEX......

Ben raped two women, on two separate occasions. Threw money at it the first time and got away with it. NO ONE so much as batted an eye. ESPN did NOT give a flying @(#@ about it...

When it should have been THE TOPIC OF THE DAY on Superbowl sunday. His actions should have cast a cloud on that game, but they didn't. No one cared...

Why?

Because he's white. That's why. People may not want to bring up race, but race is really the major catalyst in MOST controversies today. You may not want to make this another sort of issue, but it is. It really, truly is.
I thought the attention Kobe got was because he was the face of the NBA and he was accused of sexual assault....

Everyone knows ESPN dropped the ball with how they covered the Big Ben ordeals.  However, why should it have been a topic on Superbowl Sunday?  He was accused 4 months prior to the SB being played, and the latest accusation was just 7 days ago...again, why should this story have been the topic of the day during the Super Bowl?

Originally Posted by DubA169

Classless.....

Lol riiiiight....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and i'm a giants fan. you are reaching hard sir

Everything is a reach on Niketalk. Everything that goes against the proverbial grain.

Is it really that absurd for me to believe that the Steelers cared more about that first Superbowl ring than whether or not Ben really did rape that girl? All they wanted was for him to take care of it.

They don't want to lose their franchise QB, point blank. Not the first time, not this time.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

2 different dynamics.

Why?

I thought the attention Kobe got was because he was the face of the NBA and he was accused of sexual assault....

Everyone knows ESPN dropped the ball with how they covered the Big Ben ordeals.  However, why should it have been a topic on Superbowl Sunday?  He was accused 4 months prior to the SB being played, and the latest accusation was just 7 days ago...again, why should this story have been the topic of the day during the Super Bowl?

Maybe because the Steelers were in the Superbowl and their franchise QB just swept a sexual-assault case under the rug.

You're right though, why just the Super Bowl? It should have been throughout the rest of the season.

BTW, you don't think that Tiger's next championship or major win will STILL be in the shadow of his indiscretions? I for one would be shocked (in a good way) if the media didn't do him like that.

2 different dynamics.

Why?

Maybe because the Steelers were in the Superbowl and their franchise QB just swept a sexual-assault case under the rug.

You're right though, why just the Super Bowl? It should have been throughout the rest of the season.

BTW, you don't think that Tiger's next championship or major win will STILL be in the shadow of his indiscretions? I for one would be shocked (in a good way) if the media didn't do him like that.
I'm failing to understand the correlation between the Steelers/Big Ben being in the Super Bowl and the rape charge?  I think you are getting your dates mixed up, because he wasn't accused until over the summer (4-5 months after winning the game)....I'm not seeing how that has any relevance to the Saints/Colts if that's what you're getting at. 

All Tiger has to do is win, and all is forgotten....see, Kobe.  He rebuilt his image/persona better than anyone else I can think of who had a fall from grace.  Tiger will do the same. 

2 different dynamics.

Why?

I'm failing to understand the correlation between the Steelers/Big Ben being in the Super Bowl and the rape charge?  I think you are getting your dates mixed up, because he wasn't accused until over the summer (4-5 months after winning the game)....I'm not seeing how that has any relevance to the Saints/Colts if that's what you're getting at. 

All Tiger has to do is win, and all is forgotten....see, Kobe.  He rebuilt his image/persona better than anyone else I can think of who had a fall from grace.  Tiger will do the same. 
No....I was referring to the first accusation, not the recent.

Even if you are referring to the first accusation, it had no bearing on the Steelers/Cards game seeing how nothing came up until the summer.

2 different dynamics.

Why?

Dude, what? Your points don't have much depth and wreak of an angered attempt to steer this conversation the way you see it. 
Kobe man...KOBE. Really? By comparing those two, you clearly see only black and white. How the magnitude of those two relate respectively to their individual sports is a major difference and your example is beyond me. 

Don't try and coerce your beliefs of race being the "major catalyst" when that isn't true at all. That conversation is not for this thread and not for today my friend, because more than race in controversial issues is social class and cultural beliefs and NOT racism. Racism still exists, but not on the end all be all platform you suggest. Please reevaluate your assumptions and don't be so quick to let the media's stronghold on the persuasion of american people take you down too.

That is all.

2 different dynamics.

Why?

Dude, what? Your points don't have much depth and wreak of an angered attempt to steer this conversation the way you see it. 
Kobe man...KOBE. Really? By comparing those two, you clearly see only black and white. How the magnitude of those two relate respectively to their individual sports is a major difference and your example is beyond me. 

Don't try and coerce your beliefs of race being the "major catalyst" when that isn't true at all. That conversation is not for this thread and not for today my friend, because more than race in controversial issues is social class and cultural beliefs and NOT racism. Racism still exists, but not on the end all be all platform you suggest. Please reevaluate your assumptions and don't be so quick to let the media's stronghold on the persuasion of american people take you down too.

That is all.
Check every major ESPN.com article...

Look at the responses...

Then tell me race isn't a major issue. The media may not admit it, but race is still very much an issue in sports. Let's stray away from the Kobe example for a second and lets bring up another figure...

Mr.Vick. Now granted Vick had prior run-ins with the law right? However it seems to me that even for things so trivial as marijuana-possession got more of a rise out of the media than Ben's first sexual-assault accusation. It seems to me a black QB was scrutinized so severely and repeatedly for so much less. Even before the dog-fights, Vick was vilified by the media and not because of his on-field play. Vick was a painted out to be a "bad apple" by the media, so he had absolutely no chance of saving face when the dog-fighting charges came up. How come Ben wasn't scrutinized the first time so severely? How come he wasn't considered a bit of a bad apple after the first time he swept sexual-assault charges under the rug?

You say race isn't on the end all be all platform I suggest? Really? Take this into consideration....

From the moment a kid decide pad up for some Middle School football to when or if he goes pro his race is taken into consideration. You don't think so? Ask black quarterbacks and white running-backs then...

Somebody musta borrowed dudes SN cuz I never seen somebody go on a spree like this nonsense with more then 100 posts or so. 
smh.gif

You're givin me a headache sneakerheathen. 

Sneakerheathen makes my head hurt. Really bad sports thoughts and really bad other thoughts. Stop please before its too late.

2 different dynamics.
The more I look at it

Tiger also didnt commit a crime, He just had alot jumpoffs
laugh.gif
 Most famous men have jumpoffs. They are still talking about Tiger on ESPN. In fact last night they talked about the police releasing their report on Tiger for about 3 minutes and it was nothing new.

Big Ben is accused of a heinous crime,in fact 2 heinous acts......They gave the story about the investiagting officer taking a picture with Big Ben maybe a 30 sec blurb.

To me their is something seriously wrong with the coverage, Considering Tiger had CONSENSUAL sex and Big Ben took the ({})

Tiger is a revolutionist. Big Ben is nowhere near that. The coverage is more than viable.

Tiger Woods is guilty. Big Ben is accused.

If Big Ben is found to be guilty, you can guarantee the coverage picks up.

Back
Top Bottom