Bachelor Pad.

Happy to see some action in this thread again.
memphissfinest memphissfinest thanks for the update bro. Looking good!
oh you mad oh you mad we need more pics! Place looks beautiful

One of my dogs chewed the base of my coffee table pretty good when he was a puppy. Looking to replace it soon. Anyone have recommendations? I’d like to stay away from glass tops if possible.

Here is the main living space so you guys can kinda match the existing decor. Ignore the deflated ballon and the Koala on the floor lol

D7E577B0-C995-4144-98F9-2FD96DD64508.jpeg

Thanks guys, I moved in March 2020 during the first lock down. I got it for cheap because it is right next to a freeway.. this was on the market for a long time and I threw a lowball offer and surprisingly they accepted :lol:

Its a dope party house bc of the of the freeway I can have loud parties and neighbors don't really care.

Anyways here are some pics of the inside..

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6778.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

1stwitit 1stwitit What type of wood did you use? Looks like Pressure Treated, or is it natural Cedar redwood? I wanted to do mine in natural cedar, but for the board sizes I need - there were 7 total in the state of CO - per Home-Depot website a few days ago :lol:

Any tips you've learned along the way? I'm about to re-do my POS deck tomorrow thru the weekend. Similar to what it looks like you did - keep the framing and replace the top-deck boards (and in my case, railings). My framing / joists underneath all look pretty good and not rotted, but I'm going to pull some of the top deck boards today to see what it looks like underneath.

I wanted to do composite / Trex, but then I would be starting from scratch because composite requires much closer joists on-center (I think 12" is maximum gap between joists because composites are too flexible and will droop / sag).

1stwitit 1stwitit What type of wood did you use? Looks like Pressure Treated, or is it natural Cedar redwood? I wanted to do mine in natural cedar, but for the board sizes I need - there were 7 total in the state of CO - per Home-Depot website a few days ago :lol:

Any tips you've learned along the way? I'm about to re-do my POS deck tomorrow thru the weekend. Similar to what it looks like you did - keep the framing and replace the top-deck boards (and in my case, railings). My framing / joists underneath all look pretty good and not rotted, but I'm going to pull some of the top deck boards today to see what it looks like underneath.

I wanted to do composite / Trex, but then I would be starting from scratch because composite requires much closer joists on-center (I think 12" is maximum gap between joists because composites are too flexible and will droop / sag).

I had to go pressure treated,I went to a few places and I was told the redwood would be out of stock until next year! If your boards are nailed down, tear them out carefully since you’re planning on reusing the framing. If there are any weak spots in the framework, replace the boards or bolster them for the correct support. There’s a debate on which side to lay the boards down (barks side up or down) I did bark side up. We‘lol see how it works out over time. Also, if you’re picking the boards yourself, take your time and pick the best boards. It’s super expensive now, get the best stuff offered.

I had to go pressure treated,I went to a few places and I was told the redwood would be out of stock until next year! If your boards are nailed down, tear them out carefully since you’re planning on reusing the framing. If there are any weak spots in the framework, replace the boards or bolster them for the correct support. There’s a debate on which side to lay the boards down (barks side up or down) I did bark side up. We‘lol see how it works out over time. Also, if you’re picking the boards yourself, take your time and pick the best boards. It’s super expensive now, get the best stuff offered.

Thanks. Mine are screwed down, so going to try to be careful and see what it looks like underneath. From what I can see when I crawl under there, they're all pretty elevated off the ground and don't look too bad at first glance.

Are you doing anything else to it, as far as staining or painting? I've heard that you should let pressure treated sit for a year before doing anything to it anyway, and that some boards may warp as they dry out, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks. Mine are screwed down, so going to try to be careful and see what it looks like underneath. From what I can see when I crawl under there, they're all pretty elevated off the ground and don't look too bad at first glance.

Are you doing anything else to it, as far as staining or painting? I've heard that you should let pressure treated sit for a year before doing anything to it anyway, and that some boards may warp etc.
I heard too many different suggestions about decks. Treat it ASAP, let it sit for a while. As I was checking out the guy at the register suggested to put an oil based treatment on it ASAP. I think I may go that route.

I heard too many different suggestions about decks. Treat it ASAP, let it sit for a while. As I was checking out the guy at the register suggested to put an oil based treatment on it ASAP. I think I may go that route.

LMK which treatment you go with.

I already ran into problems yesterday... first few screws came out easy enough, but then some of the others are just spinning inside of the boards. So pretty sure the underlying frame / joists are probably rotted as well. :angry:

LMK which treatment you go with.

I already ran into problems yesterday... first few screws came out easy enough, but then some of the others are just spinning inside of the boards. So pretty sure the underlying frame / joists are probably rotted as well. :angry:
Yeah, I had to replace some of the framing. How much square footage are you laying down?

Yeah, I had to replace some of the framing. How much square footage are you laying down?

Well right now it is 12' 2x6's running away from the house, and about 14' wide. So if the framing was fine underneath, it was going to be an easy replacement of the ~30 or so 2x6 12' topdeck boards and then new railings and steps. But if the frame itself is pretty nasty, I think I'm going to just rip it all out and start from scratch. And if that is the case, I think I'm just gonna use Trex / composite if I have to rebuild the framing anyway.

Well right now it is 12' 2x6's running away from the house, and about 14' wide. So if the framing was fine underneath, it was going to be an easy replacement of the ~30 or so 2x6 12' topdeck boards and then new railings and steps. But if the frame itself is pretty nasty, I think I'm going to just rip it all out and start from scratch. And if that is the case, I think I'm just gonna use Trex / composite if I have to rebuild the framing anyway.
Good call! We are talking about selling, so I didn’t want to put too much money or time into it.

JUST PULLED THE TRIGGER ON A BIGGER 180 GALLON, 5 FEET LONG SALTWATER TANK. IT WAS DEF TIME TO UPGRADE FROM OUR CURRENT TANK AND FREE UP A BIT MORE ROOM IN OUR LIVING ROOM.

1892D1CC-DDA7-43F9-A84D-020FC77D9D2B.png

PUTTING THE NEW TANK NEAR THE ENTRYWAY. THE SPACE IS A LITTLE OVER 5 FT SO SHOULD FIT IN PERFECTLY.

1FF357E1-1B2A-48B7-8607-9907A3276327.jpeg

CURRENT TANK WHICH I WILL BEGIN BREAKING DOWN AND SELLING ONCE THE NEW TANK ARRIVES.

2EE4CBF5-20A0-4F62-BCC6-E692D93D9A8B.jpeg
Congrats now you know you wrong for keeping the fish in that tank. New tank looks like a mansion compared to the old one. Triple the size. Fish going to get tired swimming from one side to the other. Also love the design of your stairs.

Landscape needs lots of work, and the layout is weird af so I need to have a landscape architect design the backyard.

5dc4860cbc170962ec2e87bd.jpg

5dc4860ebc170962ec2e87d1.jpg
Naw man layout is dope you just ain't looking at it hard enough. Bring the hot tub from out the corner, to much of an after thought over by the stairs. Bring it more to the center of the space. Get you a nice cantilever umbrella that can extend over the hot tub. Also get some nice new lounge chairs, not the ones from back in the day we had to fold up then fold back down. Also a firepit on one of those circular stones. Also level off some space in that dirt where the rocks stop and put up a projector screen. When you put the screen down roll the umbrella over the chairs to block out the sun. Change out one of those tables and put a nice quality grill. Get you a nice roll away cooler and put it on the back wall between your windows where that second table is. You have tons of options hit up Wayfair and Home Depot/Lowes.

Some pics of my ideas.
81L3ZtPh1GL._AC_UL1500_.jpg
outdoormist_2000x_af89c5e5-e30a-49e2-b6b4-ebc4f9a19727_590x.jpg

trinity-stainless-steel-cooler-with-detachable-tub-80-qt-in-stainless-steel_p_33thp_02_1500.2086.jpg
2_403_264.jpg

Next year we plan to really redo our backyard, want to add an in ground pool. Right now we are finishing the basement, hope to have some pics and videos once it is complete.

memphissfinest memphissfinest oh you mad oh you mad

i just gotta know,

what do y'all do for a living? and are they hiring?
IT, been it for over 20 years. If you serious hit up the IT thread we always helping each other out. Those looking to get into the field, those already been in the field. We share the knowledge.

Thanks guys, I moved in March 2020 during the first lock down. I got it for cheap because it is right next to a freeway.. this was on the market for a long time and I threw a lowball offer and surprisingly they accepted :lol:

Its a dope party house bc of the of the freeway I can have loud parties and neighbors don't really care.

Anyways here are some pics of the inside..

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6778.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg
Spot is WILD. You could really be like Vince in The Entourage movie. Have a projector in the back and have bluetooth speakers connected. Everyone just put on the headphones and can block out the noise.

i am actively looking for a condo and in the process of finding a place... right now just in the process of searching for the right spot then placing an offer... but im definitely serious cuz i am looking to off my assets like sneakers and funko pops lol to give me more money to put down... i am definitely excited about the process but wont rush it... i dont want to cop just for the sake of it but want to find the perfect place for me as far as price, interior of the place and close to my job... i will definitely post pics once i cop but it might take a few months lmao

Me and the fiancé moved into a townhome last week. We still trying to get things situated. Will take some pics when we’re settled. The rental game tough. Didn’t know folks were out here bidding on rentals. Also we have a one year old and a little dog. So I understood landlord’s decision on choosing tenants without pets or kids. We lucked up on this one cause the person they chose went out the country and couldn’t sign the lease within 24 hours. So we were next in line. Definitely gonna stop buying shoes for the time being :lol:

Just moved into my first apartment.

Still not finished buying everything I need. Didn't realize how much little stuff I needed to buy and ended up burning through so much money. Still need a new chair, new tv, coffee table, rug, and I wanted to get some plants as well.

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions? Wasn't really sure how to work with the space I had.

IMG_0443.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom