Bachelor Pad.

memphissfinest memphissfinest PERFECT spot for that new tank, bro.
Looking forward to pictures.

THANKS MAN! YEA IT'S THE SPOT I ORIGINALLY WANTED A TANK BUT DIDN'T WANT TO SPLURGE ON THE BIGGER TANK UNTIL I GOT MY LEGS UNDER ME AS FAR AS TAKING CARE OF A SALTWATER TANK. THINK I'M READY NOW.

FOR THOSE INTERESTED, I STARTED PUTTING TOGETHER A EQUIPMENT COST SPREADSHEET OF EVERYTHING I WILL NEED FOR THIS TANK. A TANK THIS SIZE IS NOT CHEAP. LUCKILY I CAN RE-USE A FEW OF THE EQUIPMENT I GOT FOR MY FIRST TANK SINCE I OVERSIZED THEM. ALSO GOING WITH SOME AUTOMATION TO RELIEVE SOME OF THE TIME SPENT MAINTAINING THE TANK. A LOT OF THINGS ON THE LIST AREN'T NEEDED BUT SURE MAKE IT A BREEZE.

reeftankcosts.png

I'M NOT A BACHELOR ANYMORE, BUT FOR THOSE WITH BACHELOR PADS, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SETTING UP A TANK OF SOME SORT IN YOUR SPACE. LADIES LOVE IT AND IT ALSO GIVES A CALMING, NICE VIBE TO THE SPACE.

THANKS MAN! YEA IT'S THE SPOT I ORIGINALLY WANTED A TANK BUT DIDN'T WANT TO SPLURGE ON THE BIGGER TANK UNTIL I GOT MY LEGS UNDER ME AS FAR AS TAKING CARE OF A SALTWATER TANK. THINK I'M READY NOW.

FOR THOSE INTERESTED, I STARTED PUTTING TOGETHER A EQUIPMENT COST SPREADSHEET OF EVERYTHING I WILL NEED FOR THIS TANK. A TANK THIS SIZE IS NOT CHEAP. LUCKILY I CAN RE-USE A FEW OF THE EQUIPMENT I GOT FOR MY FIRST TANK SINCE I OVERSIZED THEM. ALSO GOING WITH SOME AUTOMATION TO RELIEVE SOME OF THE TIME SPENT MAINTAINING THE TANK. A LOT OF THINGS ON THE LIST AREN'T NEEDED BUT SURE MAKE IT A BREEZE.

reeftankcosts.png

I'M NOT A BACHELOR ANYMORE, BUT FOR THOSE WITH BACHELOR PADS, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SETTING UP A TANK OF SOME SORT IN YOUR SPACE. LADIES LOVE IT AND IT ALSO GIVES A CALMING, NICE VIBE TO THE SPACE.

Sick. I miss my salt water fish tank. But when I traveled out of the country two weeks and the person I trusted to take care of things killed everything I decided I was done with that hobby. It can be stressful. Seems like you have the means to automate and spent time learning how to properly take care. Looking forward to the pics.

I just take care of plants now. Got my grow room fully automated now. Less can go wrong and I make money instead of spending money.

Those fish/coral can be $$$ too though if you are able to breed or grow some nice coral.

You like hard or soft coral more? What type of fish you putting in there?

Always wanted get into fish tanks just never have
I should get a small one

I love the ambiance they give

Always wanted get into fish tanks just never have
I should get a small one

I love the ambiance they give

10 gallon cube is a chill start that’s what I had. Had two black clown fish (RZA & GZA) and a tiny purple lobster (Fred). Couple pieces of coral.

It can be even more challenging keeping a small tank though. Easier to keep conditions stable with a bigger tank. And fish will be happier with the added space.

Sick. I miss my salt water fish tank. But when I traveled out of the country two weeks and the person I trusted to take care of things killed everything I decided I was done with that hobby. It can be stressful. Seems like you have the means to automate and spent time learning how to properly take care. Looking forward to the pics.

I just take care of plants now. Got my grow room fully automated now. Less can go wrong and I make money instead of spending money.

Those fish/coral can be $$$ too though if you are able to breed or grow some nice coral.

You like hard or soft coral more? What type of fish you putting in there?

THAT’S HEARTBREAKING TO HEAR. WHEN ME AND MY WIFE WENT TO JAPAN FOR 2 WEEKS, I WAS FREAKING OUT OVER THE TANK. LUCKILY IT ALL TURNED OUT OK. BUT THATS THE MAIN REASON I WANT TO AUTOMATE EVERYTHING, SO I DONT HAVE TO WORRY AS MUCH AND I CAN TAKE LONG TRIPS WITHOUT ANYONE HAVING TO WATCH THE TANK. IM ALSO INSTALLING A MINI SPY CAMERA IN THE SUMP CABINET FOR REMOTE VIEWING AS WELL AS A UPS SYSTEM SO IF THE POWER GOES OUT, ALL THE EQUIPMENT WILL KEEP RUNNING UNTIL SOMEONE CAN GET THE POWER BACK UP.

I LIKE SOFT AND HARD CORAL EQUALLY SO I RUN A MIXED REEF TANK. I WILL BE PROPAGATING SOME CORAL IN THE TANK SO I SHOULD MAKE BACK MY INVESTMENT IN THE TANK WITHIN TWO YEARS. YOU CAN SELL CORALS FOR REALLY GOOD MONEY.

GOING TO BE PUTTING IN A LOT OF TANGS. THEY ARE MY FAVORITE TYPE OF FISH.

Last edited:
You’re gonna have a dope setup. The mini spy cam sounds so rad! You should consider throw a few Wrasse in there before you put the Tangs in too 🔥

Got me browsing liveaquaria now :lol::smh:

What’s the process for having little turtles? Can u have fish and turtles in the same tank? Noob question I have no idea about fresh vs salt water

What’s the process for having little turtles? Can u have fish and turtles in the same tank? Noob question I have no idea about fresh vs salt water

Ehhh I'd stick away. Turtle tanks can get stinky. You would have to have rocks or "land" for the turtles to chill on when not swimming. Fish could be in the tank too, but if they're small - the turtles will prob eat them.

I'd just avoid turtles

Best t.v. mount to order (Amazon, Best Buy, wherever)? 65". I shouldn't need to break the bank right?

I was going to recommend my Kanto from Best Buy, but it doesn't cover 65". I have my 55" mounted in my bedroom and works well and is sturdy.

I paid my way through my Masters and I always think about how that $$$ could be used for a down payment for a dope home right now.
Education bankrupts smh

Got a new media stand during a recent West Elm sale.
I like that I can hide all the wires in one of the cabinets.
Apple TV, Xbox, PS,Switch are all tucked away in there.

my girl insists on sitting that damn scent diffuser on the sub.
I like them (we have 4 around the house) but that position kills me.

working on a new tv (The new 77in Oled) and a new coffee table next. Eyeing one from Rove Concepts.

75DC512E-25F3-4AA0-8094-F5F6EE6C7CEA.jpeg

How do you like your cabinet? I almost got that with the side shelves when it was on sale. Took pause because of long back order time for shelves. It was several months then, but ended up not being the case when I checked again 3 weeks later, but the sale was over 😂

You can have turtles and fish together. But, turtles can be temperamental and could bite/eat the fish.

I've had turtles over the years and if you decide to get one, you'll need at least a 30-gallon tank. They are also dirty too. So having a strong filter will help. UV Light and a dry basking area will be helpful too.

My last turtle (red-ear slider) was in a regular 25-gallon fishtank with a floating dock. He ended up around 7 inches long before I gave him to someone with a pond. Dude was smart and figured out how to climb out of the tank SMH.

I've been considering getting another one for my daughter, but I know the responsibility would fall onto me.

Back
Top Bottom