Bachelor Pad.

comfort or style for a living room couch?

Comfort. I opted for style and I haven't sat on the thing in over 4 months (seriously).

Feeling these from those Apartment Therapy links above:

To all my condo/townhome owners, how much did you spend as far as closing on your condo?

How much cash did you have saved up before you started making mortgage payments?

Thinking about making that move soon

Comfort. I opted for style and I haven't sat on the thing in over 4 months (seriously).

Feeling these from those Apartment Therapy links above:

Dat bookshelf 
pimp.gif

I found that exact type of shelf on Etsy for $525

Just finished moving in to my new place with my cousin. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom. I'm gonna start to do my bedroom first, before we tackle the living room and the first thing in order is for a bookshelf. Trying to look around and see what strikes me the most. 

To all my condo/townhome owners, how much did you spend as far as closing on your condo?

How much cash did you have saved up before you started making mortgage payments?

I'm closing on my first apt next week. Very excited. In total I'm putting down around 30k. Mortgage payments / Maintenance will come out to under $1400 a month which is a lot better and cheaper then renting.

Home was 132k. I saved about 15k in our house fund, but only put 3% down. After 1k earnest money and 4.5k at closing. I pay $803 per month, and then $205 in HOA fees.

Home was 132k. I saved about 15k in our house fund, but only put 3% down. After 1k earnest money and 4.5k at closing. I pay $803 per month, and then $205 in HOA fees.

What's your interest rate? Your payment seems high in comparison to the amount you borrowed.

Nevermind. He didn't even say how long the term of his loan was. I have no clue how mortgages work in the USA so nevermind.

What's your interest rate? Your payment seems high in comparison to the amount you borrowed.

Because he did not do a conventional loan sort of speak. The more you down, the better. Now, they have these 3-10% down loans on the rise, but require you to pay more monthly, which is why his pymts are higher.

they require you to buy insurance. so instead of paying PnI, you are paying for insurance.

its a numbers game. i got a 30 year at 3.75.

Because he did not do a conventional loan sort of speak. The more you down, the better. Now, they have these 3-10% down loans on the rise, but require you to pay more monthly, which is why his pymts are higher.

they require you to buy insurance. so instead of paying PnI, you are paying for insurance.

its a numbers game. i got a 30 year at 3.75.
Yep. Interest rate is 4.125 on a 30 year. I pay my mortgage bi-weekly on a 15 year plan. Didn't mind the PMI since it was a short sale and I have equity. Probably will refi to get rid of the PMI soon. 2-3 years soon. Should have put more money down in retrospect. But the house needed work and we wanted furniture. Didn't want to wait or put stuff on the CCs.

Yep. Interest rate is 4.125 on a 30 year. I pay my mortgage bi-weekly on a 15 year plan. Didn't mind the PMI since it was a short sale and I have equity. Probably will refi to get rid of the PMI soon. 2-3 years soon. Should have put more money down in retrospect. But the house needed work and we wanted furniture. Didn't want to wait or put stuff on the CCs.
If I can find a cool job in ATL, I'd move from L.A. and pay cash for something out there. Me and the wife want to move but everything is high 4s with major work needed out here.

Congrats on the house.

Thanks man. I've actually considered transferring within my company to the Wesf Coast. We wouldn't be living like this though.

I hear ya. I aint married, but I kept extra cash for emergencies and needed funds for.some furniture and what not. Congrats. Its not easy. it makes things more worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom