Bachelor Pad.

What do you all think of this set up? I used this shelf as a room divider between my living room and empty dining area. http://s417.photobucket.com/user/khodge2/media/7DF037B6-A4E2-4E22-A4E2-A455C98EFA82.jpg.html
i used the same exact shelf as a room divider at my old crib. personally, i wouldn't display all of that stuff but that's just me. i'd suggest copping a small bar cart for the alcohol and invest in decanters to put the alcohol in and nice glassware. also, stock the shelves with some books. i bought some books from this site to give my ikea expedit shelf a sophisticated visual look:

http://www.booksbythefoot.com/

this is not my pic, but you get the idea. pick a color scheme that fits with your space. it also gives you more isolation on both sides

I wouldn't move in with a girl unless I was already engaged or in a really serious relationship. If you break up, it gets pretty awkward.
qft. a few years ago, my boy broke up with his girl and she had no job and nowhere to go so she stayed in his 2nd room for a while. then he moved his new girl in later with his ex still in the crib. who the hell does that? 
laugh.gif

i lived with a girl once and it was the worst. most girls have so much stuff that it's hard to stay organized especially if you have a lot of clothes, shoes, etc yourself
Brehs tips on furnishing bed room and living room for under 1k?
spend the most on your mattress and sofa. cop everything else off of craigslist. side tables, desks, framed art, speakers and that type of stuff don't need to be new and can be had for cheap. you can also cop a used sofa for cheap and have it reupholstered for a lot less than a new sofa would cost. a floor lamp with a dimmer or installing a dimmer switch on the wall is also a must 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
sick office setup. Would love to do this for a condo or an apt with a big room if I was back in college.

I moved in with my now wife after dating 8 months. We were engaged 2 months later. She understands I need my space. But you have to have a girl who understands that. Trust me, if she is clingy now, just wait until you get married or move in together.

I saw something on TV where someone did that with their pool out in the backyard. Sick idea. I don't know if a basketball court would run into the same condensation issues you see at professional/college areanas that also host hockey games. But I'm sure if you have enough money you can work it out.

Fed up with your pool taking up too much room? How about a convertible?

reminds me of those boards on mario 64. the water would be too deep to hold his breath so you had to trigger something for the water to drain, then you go get the star lol.

What do you all think of this set up? I used this shelf as a room divider between my living room and empty dining area. http://s417.photobucket.com/user/khodge2/media/7DF037B6-A4E2-4E22-A4E2-A455C98EFA82.jpg.html

i used the same exact shelf as a room divider at my old crib. personally, i wouldn't display all of that stuff but that's just me. i'd suggest copping a small bar cart for the alcohol and invest in decanters to put the alcohol in and nice glassware. also, stock the shelves with some books. i bought some books from this site to give my ikea expedit shelf a sophisticated visual look:

http://www.booksbythefoot.com/

this is not my pic, but you get the idea. pick a color scheme that fits with your space. it also gives you more isolation on both sides

using this idea and site. thanks bud.

only thing is, I feel like it you use it as a room divider, it would be better you use round objects and 3d items that can be viewed from both sides

Last edited:
Pool/Basketball court?

Yeah, that was my first thought - but I think it would be slippery or impossible to get dry enough.

I like the second one though - I'm thinking movie theatre. Pool movies or just some big chairs on wheels.

ehats that small tsble u put along the side of the wall. i forgot the name. saw it in one of the west elm cstslogs before.

I moved in with my now wife after dating 8 months. We were engaged 2 months later. She understands I need my space. But you have to have a girl who understands that. Trust me, if she is clingy now, just wait until you get married or move in together.

Haha, I've always experienced the other way around.

Happy 4th everyone!

Still working on getting furniture and everything set up and decorated in my place. Just bought a chest for my clothes Question for you guys, what could I put here to hide the cord? Looks really bad like that. I'm thinking about finding a couple antique steamer trunks

Maybe put the chest up against the wall so it covers the outlet? Then you could just tape/push down the cord against the floor so it's not up on the wall?

Or you could get a couple of smaller stands/shelfs/something to put on either side of the TV, put some plants, books, decorative items on there depending on the size and space.

Nice chest, though. I still need to get a new dresser/chest.

Do not buy this. I had it for a while and the magnets give out Lin about 4 months so the door just swings open from time to time

Maybe put the chest up against the wall so it covers the outlet? Then you could just tape/push down the cord against the floor so it's not up on the wall?

Or you could get a couple of smaller stands/shelfs/something to put on either side of the TV, put some plants, books, decorative items on there depending on the size and space.

Nice chest, though. I still need to get a new dresser/chest.

If I move the chest it would leave a wall that's not pictured completely bare. Something similar to end tables could work though, I like the idea of adding plants to it too

Thanks, took me a while to find one that's tall without looking too traditional. Searched all over online and ended up finding it in one local spot right down the road.

Last edited:
I don't know what happen to my pics that were posted earlier, but whatever here it is again.

Again, i'm trying to get suggestions on whether to get shutters or regular curtains?

My girl has a plan to break down those 4 windows and making it one giant view window (her dad is a glacier, so he can do it no problems)

Also what are some good quality entertainment centers?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom