Bachelor Pad.

i posted this in building credit thread...figured id post it here too since someone asked about buying...

===

The salary you must earn to buy a home in 25 cities

Chicago%20Intro%20275x175.jpg

How much salary do you need to earn in order to afford the principal and interest payments on a median-priced home in your metro area?

To find out, HSH.com took the National Association of Realtors’ fourth-quarter data for median home prices and HSH.com’s fourth-quarter average interest rate for 30-year, fixed-rate mortgages to determine how much of your salary it would take to afford the base cost of owning a home—the principal and interest—in 25 metro areas.

We used standard 28 percent "front-end" debt ratios, and a 20 percent down payment subtracted from the NAR’s median-home-price data to arrive at our figures. There is no doubt that your income will need to be much higher to cover taxes, insurances and other expenses to live in the home, plus any other debts you might have.
While the NAR continues to report strong year-over-year price growth, home prices and mortgage rates retreated from the third to fourth quarter in 2013. While homeowners continue to praise home-price growth as it adds to their equity positions, some homebuyers have actually been stymied by the rapid growth as home prices have been rising faster than incomes.

All in all, the fourth quarter was a great time to buy as lower prices and mortgage rates
increased affordability, allowing buyers to make less money and still afford a median-priced home in their market.

Here’s a current look at how much salary you would need to spend in order to afford the principal and interest on the median-priced home in your metro.

1. Cleveland: $19,435.17

2. Cincinnati: $22,226.95

3. St. Louis: $22,397.54

4. Atlanta: $24,390.94

5. Tampa: $24,650.88

6. Orlando: $28,298.47

7. San Antonio: $29,305.47

8. Dallas: $29,751.24

9. Houston: $31,298.99

10. Chicago: $32,388.90

11. Phoenix: $32,811.94

12. Minneapolis: $33,800.09

13. Philadelphia: $36,836.47

14. Baltimore: $41,155.40

15. Sacramento: $42,832.20

16. Miami: $43,918.66

17. Portland, Ore.: $45,872.78

18. Denver: $48,122.72

19. Seattle: $59,129.86

20. Washington, D.C.: $62,809.63

21. Boston: $63,673.13

22. New York City: $66,167.27

23. Los Angeles: $72,126.90

24. San Diego: $81,570.40

25. San Francisco: $115,510.06

http://www.hsh.com/finance/mortgage/salary-home-buying-25-cities.html

NC is like 18K

Started picking up a few pieces already. Bed will be delivered in a couple of weeks, might have to push the delivery date back though depending on how long everything takes to get the house ready to move it.

Here's the bed I bought during their President's Day sale. King size and only paid 649 for it. I got the version without the storage since the drawers were too small to even put stuff in. Really wanted a bed with a leather headboard so I'm glad I found it.

Also saw this today at Home Goods, not sure what it's intended to be but thought it looked cool so I'll be using it as a nightstand, the leather matches the leather on the bed perfectly. First time ever going in there, they have some nice stuff at great prices

This is all the furniture I have right now, still have to fill two bedrooms, a living room, study, and a breakfast room. Going to take a while before I get the place completely furnished

Havertys, it's from the Midtown collection

Looks like a sale is still going on too

Thanks

Downsizing from a massive 3 story 3 bed loft about 1300 sqft to a 825 sqft condo. Like the coziness of the new place more and has a small yard for a patio. Also has stained concrete floors opposed to hardwood so rugs will be had.

Anybody know where I can find this or something similar .

Bed that is

Last edited:

Been at my new place for almost 2 months and finally starting to spruce it up. Bedroom bathroom and kitchen are pretty basic for know and just stocked with appliances and what not. More concerned about living room.

Before:

So Far:

Other wall is pretty bare:

I plan on getting a bigger tv by the end of the month (current one 32", going for a 46"/47"). Hopefully that will take some space. Was thing about an entire wall shelf/tv stand., but I may not renew this apartment once my lease is up and I dont want to deal with getting that moved.

Not pictured, but I added some black curtains. Just two side parts. Going to find a sheer curtain to actually cover the bulk or the balcony.

Anyone have suggestions of what to add?
Pic with curtains and plants I picked up. New tv should be delivered tomorrow so wall above it still bare. Going to place some pictures above it once I figure which ones to print out. May endup grabbing a new tv mount that doesn't poke out as much. Shoe rack seems out of place now too lol.
good changes
smokin.gif
not sure if you got you new tv yet but the vertical wall on the left is ******* you up your current setup. move the vase to the left to brake that. get rid of the blue pillow, the dark-blue rug, curtains should get a trim 2, the clock is round while the rest of your stuff is angular .. drop it. get a small extension on the tv stand (same color) one these on the right in dark blue. put the other vase where your current lamp is. 

curved-floor-lamp.jpg

Clean.

I'm still procrastinating on getting my place together. I have "everything" I need, but it's still mostly pieced together from hand me downs, random purchases from college, etc. I've got like 4 different shades of wood :lol: Just rocking the box spring with no frame and I'm still without a dresser :lol:

I've got some nice pieces of art, framed posters, pictures, up so I'm good there. The real essentials are getting a bed frame and matching dresser.. then maybe a nice bookshelf/TV unit.

Last edited:
Dawg I own that same exact home......

IN GTAV!

That's just beautiful, I wouldn't leave my house.

whatup my HG NT, what are your opinions on a hybrid tv stand/mount? I live in an apt, and we cant mount the flat screen on the walls. But I just love the overall look of a mounted tv.

Figured this would be the next best option. Has a mounted feel to it, floating, but obvi not on the wall. But I don't know if I can get over the Bar holding it up. I don't know if I'm sending off a "trying too hard, thinking i'm doing it vibe" to myself and guests lol. Maybe I can paint the bar white/the same color as the wall so its not as out there.

Here is the one I am looking at btw, at Walmart for $125:

^nothing wrong with it. I worked in home theater for a few years, and my parents had a stand like that in their living room and imo the tv itself on a stand like that looked better than on their new stand with the base attached.

And nobody is gunna get a thinking your doing it vibe

Last edited:
what you guys think of a 3 br 2bath (master has a bathroom) for 2100/month + driveway?

utilities not included.

Back
Top Bottom