Attention All Footlocker Footaction Champs Employees You are about to be screwed!!!!

Wow, lot's of ignorance on here, so I guess I need to set the record straight.  FIRST, I am a Footaction Manager, and I make 56k a year.  SECOND my partimers get $7.25hr PLUS commission, which in my store they all average about  $9.5 hour, and remember, they are PART TIMERS.  These are mostly highschool and college kids or people who need a second job, they are not depending on paying a mortgage with it.  Third, Footlocker INC may not put stuff on sale as much as Finishline because THEY DON'T HAVE TO.  Finishline buys things with cash, they need to move it quick to get new product, FTL INC uses CREDIT.  If something don't sell, they just send it back.  Trust me, FTL INC isn't hurting, they just spent 30 Mil on a new computer schedule system,they are putting new computers in all stores, and are giving bigger stores IPAD's to use, so as a company we aren't going anywhere.  Oh yea, and if one of my ungrateful employees complains about the discount, I have a folder with about 200 applicants waiting to take their place.

Wow, lot's of ignorance on here, so I guess I need to set the record straight.  FIRST, I am a Footaction Manager, and I make 56k a year.  SECOND my partimers get $7.25hr PLUS commission, which in my store they all average about  $9.5 hour, and remember, they are PART TIMERS.  These are mostly highschool and college kids or people who need a second job, they are not depending on paying a mortgage with it.  Third, Footlocker INC may not put stuff on sale as much as Finishline because THEY DON'T HAVE TO.  Finishline buys things with cash, they need to move it quick to get new product, FTL INC uses CREDIT.  If something don't sell, they just send it back.  Trust me, FTL INC isn't hurting, they just spent 30 Mil on a new computer schedule system,they are putting new computers in all stores, and are giving bigger stores IPAD's to use, so as a company we aren't going anywhere.  Oh yea, and if one of my ungrateful employees complains about the discount, I have a folder with about 200 applicants waiting to take their place.

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

Thanks for setting the record straight...

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

Thanks for setting the record straight...

laugh.gif

It's a retail shoe chain. Get over it.

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Yea homie...not really understanding your point here...if it's clear the average employee makes $7.25 an hour..let's say works 40 hours a week which since it's a MALL job I know that AIN'T happening but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt..that's ONLY $290 a week..BEFORE taxes...that's $1190 a month...and the discount is half that...so what your basically saying is employees spend 90% (actuall TAKE home money) on sneakers???? Stop it...if your spending more then $500 a month on sneakers...EVERY month...WITH a discount...your either FLOODING your local hood..or FLOODING eBay....

And as far as organizing sneaker heads together in protest...
laugh.gif
what does that even MEAN??? People are going to burn sneakers and bras in front of FTL so you can get WHAT exactly????
thank you. no disrespect but priorities are priorities. instead of buying over 500 dollars in kicks to flip you can go find another part time job. everyone always looking for the easy way out.

And people wonder why they call Americans lazy...

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Yea homie...not really understanding your point here...if it's clear the average employee makes $7.25 an hour..let's say works 40 hours a week which since it's a MALL job I know that AIN'T happening but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt..that's ONLY $290 a week..BEFORE taxes...that's $1190 a month...and the discount is half that...so what your basically saying is employees spend 90% (actuall TAKE home money) on sneakers???? Stop it...if your spending more then $500 a month on sneakers...EVERY month...WITH a discount...your either FLOODING your local hood..or FLOODING eBay....

And as far as organizing sneaker heads together in protest...
laugh.gif
what does that even MEAN??? People are going to burn sneakers and bras in front of FTL so you can get WHAT exactly????
thank you. no disrespect but priorities are priorities. instead of buying over 500 dollars in kicks to flip you can go find another part time job. everyone always looking for the easy way out.

And people wonder why they call Americans lazy...

roll.gif
@ this thread. I mainly buy my kicks online via Ebay, resellers etc, so it doesn't matter to me. Dudes gettin tight in this threat defending the zebra stripes.

Where's Cedric Ceballos 1994 1995, so he can share his opinion on this minimum wage buffoonery.

roll.gif
@ this thread. I mainly buy my kicks online via Ebay, resellers etc, so it doesn't matter to me. Dudes gettin tight in this threat defending the zebra stripes.

Where's Cedric Ceballos 1994 1995, so he can share his opinion on this minimum wage buffoonery.

This doesnt matter
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at you guys thinking this is gonna get you your shoes, nope it wont from "selling out" before the store opens

it wont
laugh.gif

ive heard this has been in the talks for some times, i figure it would take place, with the discount polices and RD issues it was only a matter of time.

so now you cheap dudes that dont like to hook up their employees that look out, your on the chopping block
laugh.gif

This doesnt matter
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at you guys thinking this is gonna get you your shoes, nope it wont from "selling out" before the store opens

it wont
laugh.gif

ive heard this has been in the talks for some times, i figure it would take place, with the discount polices and RD issues it was only a matter of time.

so now you cheap dudes that dont like to hook up their employees that look out, your on the chopping block
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mYKiCkZArEaG21

does the limit affect managers????? and does the limit get raised for the 50??

500 is prob for part timers and such

im sure AMs/Managers are gonna have a higher ceiling

and the 50 would be just that $1000 for that 2 - 3 day limit and not count towards the 500

i heard the rumblings of 40% all the time and no 50%s at all similar to nike

the funny thing is about bulk buying is that Footlocker INC knows it goes on and the DMs/VPs talk about it to their managers but then they frown upon it

Originally Posted by mYKiCkZArEaG21

does the limit affect managers????? and does the limit get raised for the 50??

500 is prob for part timers and such

im sure AMs/Managers are gonna have a higher ceiling

and the 50 would be just that $1000 for that 2 - 3 day limit and not count towards the 500

i heard the rumblings of 40% all the time and no 50%s at all similar to nike

the funny thing is about bulk buying is that Footlocker INC knows it goes on and the DMs/VPs talk about it to their managers but then they frown upon it

Originally Posted by KingJay718

roll.gif

laugh.gif
  it is what it is,  when your working retail  all ill say is this,  look out for yourself and get yours.  there will always be ways to beat the system if you put the effort in to beat it.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

roll.gif

laugh.gif
  it is what it is,  when your working retail  all ill say is this,  look out for yourself and get yours.  there will always be ways to beat the system if you put the effort in to beat it.

Back
Top Bottom