Attention All Footlocker Footaction Champs Employees You are about to be screwed!!!!

IMO i like this process. a lot of us don't have the hook as much as everyone else in here. it's sad when a guy spends 5-24 hrs in line for a shoe to find out it was sold out because 1 employee hooked up 7 people that he knew and gave a discount. that's just wrong. that is the main reason why they changed their policy. also some employees stock them in the back for months only to wait for it to go to clearance and then get a discount on top of that deal. Honestly it's a fair deal. some cats are greedy as hell. 

IMO i like this process. a lot of us don't have the hook as much as everyone else in here. it's sad when a guy spends 5-24 hrs in line for a shoe to find out it was sold out because 1 employee hooked up 7 people that he knew and gave a discount. that's just wrong. that is the main reason why they changed their policy. also some employees stock them in the back for months only to wait for it to go to clearance and then get a discount on top of that deal. Honestly it's a fair deal. some cats are greedy as hell. 

Originally Posted by weapen12

IMO i like this process. a lot of us don't have the hook as much as everyone else in here. it's sad when a guy spends 5-24 hrs in line for a shoe to find out it was sold out because 1 employee hooked up 7 people that he knew and gave a discount. that's just wrong. that is the main reason why they changed their policy.
99% of the time it doesnt work that way

so your wrong.

IMO i like this process. a lot of us don't have the hook as much as everyone else in here. it's sad when a guy spends 5-24 hrs in line for a shoe to find out it was sold out because 1 employee hooked up 7 people that he knew and gave a discount. that's just wrong. that is the main reason why they changed their policy.

so your wrong.

I started this conversation so I will add my 2 cents..

I have a lot of friends that work in FTL, Champs, FTA, and they told me many were pissed.  
I know plenty of people that make $7.25.  Some enough sadly to say are grown men and women.
For some of you to frown upon workers that make $7.25 cmon lets be real, some people need a job and thats all they can get.
The discount for them helps.  Whether it be for the 50% or using the thirty to hook up friends and family.
THINK ABOUT YOUR JOB FOR A MOMENT I AM SURE YOU HAVE SOME PERKS OR DISCOUNTS AS WELL.
Maybe you can come in late....Maybe you can get discounts on rooms in a hotel....maybe you can leave early. ETC..
Now take that away to where is not cool like it used to be.  Think about that for a moment. You can t come in late anymore or leave early or have any hookups anywhere.
Dicounts and perks are part of any job anywhere!!!!!
MY MAIN point is this FTL has record profits the past two years in a bad economy and they are cutting back on discounts that they give employees at $7.25.
I dont see that as fair. 
It's funny too reading people replies that the majority of people that work in FTL FTA and Champs basically agree that the company is being cheap.
Those that dont work there complain about FTL FTA and Champs employees.      

I have a lot of friends that work in FTL, Champs, FTA, and they told me many were pissed.  
I know plenty of people that make $7.25.  Some enough sadly to say are grown men and women.
For some of you to frown upon workers that make $7.25 cmon lets be real, some people need a job and thats all they can get.
The discount for them helps.  Whether it be for the 50% or using the thirty to hook up friends and family.
THINK ABOUT YOUR JOB FOR A MOMENT I AM SURE YOU HAVE SOME PERKS OR DISCOUNTS AS WELL.
Maybe you can come in late....Maybe you can get discounts on rooms in a hotel....maybe you can leave early. ETC..
Now take that away to where is not cool like it used to be.  Think about that for a moment. You can t come in late anymore or leave early or have any hookups anywhere.
MY MAIN point is this FTL has record profits the past two years in a bad economy and they are cutting back on discounts that they give employees at $7.25.
I dont see that as fair. 
It's funny too reading people replies that the majority of people that work in FTL FTA and Champs basically agree that the company is being cheap.

Originally Posted by air max 87

so your wrong.
ok maybe that might not be the main reason why they are doing the changes but there is truth to what i'm saying on the hook ups. maybe it's not in your area but cats where i live are real shady. I see and hear about it all the time. 

Originally Posted by air max 87

so your wrong.
ok maybe that might not be the main reason why they are doing the changes but there is truth to what i'm saying on the hook ups. maybe it's not in your area but cats where i live are real shady. I see and hear about it all the time. 

Originally Posted by Raices03

I dont see that as fair. 

I dont see anyone frowning on people making 7.25 an hour.

If someone is working at footlocker because thats all they can get, they shouldnt be spending $500 a month on sneakers...

All I see is foot locker as a corporation is trying to cut back on the "homie discount" thats all. $500 sounds like more than enough for the person working for foot locker. If they want to hook up their friends they have to risk dipping into their own $500 per month limit.

Some dudes are looking too far into this and making too big a deal. I'd love to get a part time at foot locker for the discount, and if I did I wouldnt complain one bit.

I dont see that as fair. 

If someone is working at footlocker because thats all they can get, they shouldnt be spending $500 a month on sneakers...

All I see is foot locker as a corporation is trying to cut back on the "homie discount" thats all. $500 sounds like more than enough for the person working for foot locker. If they want to hook up their friends they have to risk dipping into their own $500 per month limit.

Some dudes are looking too far into this and making too big a deal. I'd love to get a part time at foot locker for the discount, and if I did I wouldnt complain one bit.

Originally Posted by s dubl

I dont see that as fair. 

^^ word! id actually do part time for FTL, yall need someone 16 hours a week? cuz ill adjust my schedule. 

Originally Posted by s dubl

I dont see that as fair. 

^^ word! id actually do part time for FTL, yall need someone 16 hours a week? cuz ill adjust my schedule. 

Kids work at footlocker to get fresh sneakers.. I don't think they care as long as they can get a discount...

Kids work at footlocker to get fresh sneakers.. I don't think they care as long as they can get a discount...

From a corporate point of view let me ask you all a rhetorical question:

If your CEO or Boss or Employer or even FRIEND said if you found $5000 and you could keep half as a bonus you would turn stuff upside down finding it to get the $2500.

In Corporate America many bonuses are based on how much profit you make and how much in operating costs you save the company. CEOs are there to make money and cut operating costs and overhead .

If cutting back discounts can save the company $5 Million off the top and add $500K to a $1 Million to his bonus check... he's going to do it.

So would many of you. You cant always look at it from the Sneaker Enthusiast or Employer point of view. Step back and look at it from the Business point of view. It will make all the sense in the world.

A Discount isnt a benefit. Its a perk. Big difference. Footlocker could easily decrease the Discount from 40 to 30 to 10% to nothing and just do a commission base position and there would be older folks who work in Macys or other retailers that come in and gladly take the position.

Footlocker knows those discounts will help rid itself of product because most of their employees are young and put that money right back into company, so once they give you your paycheck you give it right back.

Smart Business.

If your CEO or Boss or Employer or even FRIEND said if you found $5000 and you could keep half as a bonus you would turn stuff upside down finding it to get the $2500.

In Corporate America many bonuses are based on how much profit you make and how much in operating costs you save the company. CEOs are there to make money and cut operating costs and overhead .

If cutting back discounts can save the company $5 Million off the top and add $500K to a $1 Million to his bonus check... he's going to do it.

So would many of you. You cant always look at it from the Sneaker Enthusiast or Employer point of view. Step back and look at it from the Business point of view. It will make all the sense in the world.

A Discount isnt a benefit. Its a perk. Big difference. Footlocker could easily decrease the Discount from 40 to 30 to 10% to nothing and just do a commission base position and there would be older folks who work in Macys or other retailers that come in and gladly take the position.

Footlocker knows those discounts will help rid itself of product because most of their employees are young and put that money right back into company, so once they give you your paycheck you give it right back.

Smart Business.

Rocks right...Hicks doesn't care about anything but increasing his bonus so he can stuff himself with more cheeseburgers and things he really loves...he prolly doesn't care about sneakers let alone the people who love sneakers...I would love to see how many people would actually quit if they did decided to quit the discount altogether...not as many as you think I bet...complacency is better to most than any discount on shoes...lol....but seriously quit complaining and just start thinking about ways around this nonsense if the limit isn't going to be enough to satisfy you...and lets face it, there are always ways...don't let corporate nonsense get in the way of your common sense my friends

DOES ANYONE KNOW if there is any confirmed truth to it increasing to %40?...if so, I would say that is something to be happy about...an extra 10% with a monthly cap doesn't seem like too bad a compromise to me

Rocks right...Hicks doesn't care about anything but increasing his bonus so he can stuff himself with more cheeseburgers and things he really loves...he prolly doesn't care about sneakers let alone the people who love sneakers...I would love to see how many people would actually quit if they did decided to quit the discount altogether...not as many as you think I bet...complacency is better to most than any discount on shoes...lol....but seriously quit complaining and just start thinking about ways around this nonsense if the limit isn't going to be enough to satisfy you...and lets face it, there are always ways...don't let corporate nonsense get in the way of your common sense my friends

DOES ANYONE KNOW if there is any confirmed truth to it increasing to %40?...if so, I would say that is something to be happy about...an extra 10% with a monthly cap doesn't seem like too bad a compromise to me

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Smart Business.

hows the frauding business going forbes?

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Smart Business.

hows the frauding business going forbes?

^^^ DEAD
roll.gif

SO IT SEEMS LIKE MY OPERATION MIGHT BE TERMINATED...SMH

NO ITS NOT THERE ARE ALWAYS LOOP HOLES TO THINGS...NOTHING IS EVER FULL PROOF...IF MY CONNECT REACHES THEIR MAX WE MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ONE NO BIGGIE ONLY THING IS THAT PPL NEEDS TO BACK UP NOW WITH ASKING FOR A 30 FOR EVERY RELEASE...FOR EXAMPLE MY PPLS STORE GOT REORGANIZED AND THIS NEW PERSON WASN'T TRYING TO HEAR EMPLOYEES USING THEIR 30 TO BUY THE 3s THIS WEEKEND....LETS JUST SAY THEY'RE WERE A LOT OF SALTY PPL IN THAT STORE ON SATURDAY!

Spoiler [+]
BUT I STILL GOT MINE ON A 30 AND I DONT WORK THERE!

Back
Top Bottom