Athletes Robbed of Greatness by Injury or other .....

Originally Posted by knightngale

Ronaldo achieved greatness. I don't know what he is doing in this thread. 
Ronaldo is one of best to ever do it. Without the injuries/illness, he could have been the best to ever do it 
But really the worst ones were Penny, Hill and Griffey 

Originally Posted by knightngale

Ronaldo achieved greatness. I don't know what he is doing in this thread. 
Ronaldo is one of best to ever do it. Without the injuries/illness, he could have been the best to ever do it 
But really the worst ones were Penny, Hill and Griffey 

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

barchi.jpg
R. Cox was destined for greatness, but robbed by an injury?  Interesting.

It's funny to see what should be a simple thread go off course. How were half of these dudes "robbed of greatness" by some circumstance?

Does anyone really think Dennis Dixon would've been great outside of Oregon fans? Serious question. Yeah, winning the MNC would've been great but him as a player? One of those idiots saying baseball players aren't athletes is probably 5'6" and really good at video games. Stop.

It's funny to see what should be a simple thread go off course. How were half of these dudes "robbed of greatness" by some circumstance?

Does anyone really think Dennis Dixon would've been great outside of Oregon fans? Serious question. Yeah, winning the MNC would've been great but him as a player? One of those idiots saying baseball players aren't athletes is probably 5'6" and really good at video games. Stop.

medium_krstic1221.jpg

Averaged 16 PPG and 7 RPG at 23 years old until he tore his ACL. Hasn't been the same since.

medium_krstic1221.jpg

Averaged 16 PPG and 7 RPG at 23 years old until he tore his ACL. Hasn't been the same since.

Two of my favorites T-Mac and Sean Taylor RIP
EDIT---I forgot about Arrington...He had the city on his back at one point
30t6p3b.gif

Two of my favorites T-Mac and Sean Taylor RIP
EDIT---I forgot about Arrington...He had the city on his back at one point
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I don't know why dudes are putting Barry Sanders on his list. He retired right before his skill set would have diminished. Yeah he would have had a couple more Pro-Bowl seasons, but he would have basically been on the downslope. At the time I was upset because I wanted to see him play for a couple more years, but now I respect the fact the he walked away on top (on an individual level).
I have no problem with him walking away but if he finished out his career (barring major injuries and that's a biggie) he would've been a top
3 running back of all time. Easy. 

Make no mistake about it champ, Barry is ALREADY a Top 3 running back of all-time even with the way he finished his career.....real easy. 

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I don't know why dudes are putting Barry Sanders on his list. He retired right before his skill set would have diminished. Yeah he would have had a couple more Pro-Bowl seasons, but he would have basically been on the downslope. At the time I was upset because I wanted to see him play for a couple more years, but now I respect the fact the he walked away on top (on an individual level).
I have no problem with him walking away but if he finished out his career (barring major injuries and that's a biggie) he would've been a top
3 running back of all time. Easy. 

Make no mistake about it champ, Barry is ALREADY a Top 3 running back of all-time even with the way he finished his career.....real easy. 

If this lockout goes all year... I would say blake griffin....

dude will be 1 out of 3 first 3 years in the league just in terms of stepping on the court..

with young guys like him... their first years in the league seem to be the times when they make all the super huge spectacular highlights etc....

Will be a shame... if they lock out... we could have missed two great seasons of highlights

If this lockout goes all year... I would say blake griffin....

dude will be 1 out of 3 first 3 years in the league just in terms of stepping on the court..

with young guys like him... their first years in the league seem to be the times when they make all the super huge spectacular highlights etc....

Will be a shame... if they lock out... we could have missed two great seasons of highlights

Originally Posted by PMatic

medium_krstic1221.jpg

Underrated pick, but very true. Krstic had potential to be a solid & consistant player. He was a big help to the Nets when they had the big 3...

Back
Top Bottom