Atheists... Are you all like this? Vol. I may be wrong.

I have a very Christian moral set, but I don't believe in God. People are always surprised I am not super religious, seeing as I pretty much never doanything wrong, or at least not wrong enough to really be noticed. Sure I lie, etc, do little things, but I would say Jesus would be pretty happy with me.

And you know what? I think that makes me an even better person than all the religious nuts out there who abstain from all wrong and confess 3 times a day,because I do it out of my own accord, and not so I can go to Heaven and spend eternity in bliss. I don't do bad things because I don't have any desireto, not so I won't burn in hell.

Originally Posted by BG BabyGlock26

post it, theirs gonna be e-shouting regardless

Exactly, and people will flood it saying how baseless some statements are without it.

Yeah i view religion the same way i view politics; you believe what you believe. To each his own.

and yes, i'm anti any religion

They are only trying to help you see the light, in my opinion..

I agree with son that said he envys ppl that do believe in a higher being...I wish i did, would make the idea of dying a lot easier to swallow nh

can any one answer my question of why do many Christians feel the need to try to covert others to their same beliefs

Originally Posted by the north west

can any one answer my question of why do many Christians feel the need to try to covert others to their same beliefs

It is apart of their religion.

For me, the pompous Athiests are actually hurting themselves. Now granted, not every athiest doesn't have morals, but riddle me this: What doctrine do theyhold themselves to? Nor does every Christian live the bible like they should, but such is the walk with God. We hold ourselves accountable to a doctrine thatshows us what is wrong and how we can improve ourselves. Athiests, on the other hand, have only loose morality, nothing concrete; which how were those moralsformed, or what basis by which they were introduced? All morality comes back to a central theme, which I believe to be biblically based.

Why would I want to become an Athiest? I'm not going to become a better person. Why would you want to become a Christian? Because you can become a betterperson through your relationship with God and Jesus, and through knowledge of the Bible.

Furthermore, I refuse to believe my existence is by mere chance. It is humbling to know that I am not the center of the universe, that I am not the mostimportant thing in all of existence, that there is an omnicient being higher than thou.

So what's the formal category for someone who just "believes in a higher power"? Nothing else.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayGrey

For me, the pompous Athiests are actually hurting themselves. Now granted, not every athiest doesn't have morals, but riddle me this: What doctrine do they hold themselves to? Nor does every Christian live the bible like they should, but such is the walk with God. We hold ourselves accountable to a doctrine that shows us what is wrong and how we can improve ourselves. Athiests, on the other hand, have only loose morality, nothing concrete; which how were those morals formed, or what basis by which they were introduced? All morality comes back to a central theme, which I believe to be biblically based.

Why would I want to become an Athiest? I'm not going to become a better person. Why would you want to become a Christian? Because you can become a better person through your relationship with God and Jesus, and through knowledge of the Bible.

Furthermore, I refuse to believe my existence is by mere chance. It is humbling to know that I am not the center of the universe, that I am not the most important thing in all of existence, that there is an omnicient being higher than thou.
Can't someone become a better person by becoming a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist or any other religion?

Better yet couldn't someone become a better person without any form of religion?

Why would I want to become an Athiest? I'm not going to become a better person. Why would you want to become a Christian? Because you can become a better person through your relationship with God and Jesus, and through knowledge of the Bible.
Are you serious? You wouldn't be the same person if you weren't christian? You're gonna start sinning all of a sudden? Would you bebetter if you were Muslim? Jew? Satanist? Goat Worshiper? ****!

Originally Posted by the north west

For me, the pompous Athiests are actually hurting themselves. Now granted, not every athiest doesn't have morals, but riddle me this: What doctrine do they hold themselves to? Nor does every Christian live the bible like they should, but such is the walk with God. We hold ourselves accountable to a doctrine that shows us what is wrong and how we can improve ourselves. Athiests, on the other hand, have only loose morality, nothing concrete; which how were those morals formed, or what basis by which they were introduced? All morality comes back to a central theme, which I believe to be biblically based.

Furthermore, I refuse to believe my existence is by mere chance. It is humbling to know that I am not the center of the universe, that I am not the most important thing in all of existence, that there is an omnicient being higher than thou.
Can't someone become a better person by becoming a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist or any other religion?

Better yet couldn't someone become a better person without any form of religion?

Absolutely.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Are you serious? You wouldn't be the same person if you weren't christian? You're gonna start sinning all of a sudden? Would you be better if you were Muslim? Jew? Satanist? Goat Worshiper? ****!

I actually probably wouldn't be the same person, to be frank. I am by no means saying that I do not sin, far from it, but it is because I know that I sin,and know I am doing wrong. If I had no religious background, my "wrong" could be loosely defined, and thus where would the fine line of standard be?

I believe in a God. I pray to him every night. I dont go much beyond that, just doin what i feel is right.

Are you serious? You wouldn't be the same person if you weren't christian? You're gonna start sinning all of a sudden? Would you be better if you were Muslim? Jew? Satanist? Goat Worshiper? ****!

I actually probably wouldn't be the same person, to be frank. I am by no means saying that I do not sin, far from it, but it is because I know that I sin, and know I am doing wrong. If I had no religious background, my "wrong" could be loosely defined, and thus where would the fine line of standard be?
ok now the 2nd part

Sorry guys I can't find it. I looked in my history and couldn't find it. But He was basically saying that he will confuse those who think they are highand mighty. Dang I think I posted it in the Prop 8 but I can't find it.

Guys stop with the arguing.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I am not one of those atheists that goes hard to push my ideologies on other people. In fact I envy people who believe in a higher being cause it gives life
more meaning and purpose.

i strongly disagree, just because an individual doesn't believe in god, doesnt make their life any less meaningful or full of purpose than someone who does

I actually probably wouldn't be the same person, to be frank. I am by no means saying that I do not sin, far from it, but it is because I know that I sin, and know I am doing wrong. If I had no religious background, my "wrong" could be loosely defined, and thus where would the fine line of standard be?
ok now the 2nd part

Round 2
laugh.gif

Goat Worshipper
laugh.gif
. I highly doubt there is a sect devoted to that, but no, I would not be a better person if I were a goat worshipper because I would beworshipping a false idol, something with no background, history, or moral or religious merit. Satanist, no, because why would you worship something that isbelieved to be the factor of negative influence?
laugh.gif
at this list:

The beliefs of the Church of Satan can be summed up by their Nine SatanicStatements:
  • Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!
I mean, you can stop right there at how ridiculous that is. How self-centered and if it feels good, do it mentality!

Islam and Judaism, both do have their positive nature and influence. With Judaism, a Jew is basically a Old Testament Christian, the chosen people of God. IfI were to narrow it down to beneficial influence, I would chose either of those for more moral standard.

NVM, I'm not even trying to go this route. Do you homie if you feel you need religion to be complete. To each his own. I'm not debating

the pompous Athiests are actually hurting themselves.
and so are pompous atheists who think their religion is the best! (guess who i am referencing)
What doctrine do they hold themselves to?
you are right, atheists are not suppose to have a doctrine. some atheists like me, would rather not follow religious doctrines or dogmas becausethey are absurd.

Athiests, on the other hand, have only loose morality, nothing concrete
if you mean atheists dont have an imaginary god dictating what they should do then, sure we are "loose."

which how were those morals formed, or what basis by which they were introduced? All morality comes back to a central theme, which I believe to be biblically based.
how were they formed? you just numb in the head? jesus wasn't the alpha for human beings. there were civilizations prior to jesus. iwonder how these savages got through their lives? don't forget, religion is geographically challenged. not everybody was blessed by your god'steachings. where did "morality" come from for the athiest? same place it came from for the christians. morality came from customs, habit, & selfinterest. perhaps you should read up and learn cultures that didn't rely on jesus. stop being close minded.
who the hell says atheists are supposed to think they are the center of everything. straw man.

i am an athiest. i believe there is no heaven or hell. i believe there is nothign after this life. i also believe you will also have nothing after this andthat is why my rights end where yours begins. you on the other hand are so pressed to believe that there is a paradise waiting for you. all you have to do isask for forgiveness.... give me a break.

im one of those atheists that just doesn't care if there is or isnt a God... i dont force my beliefs on nobody but i highly doubt there is a God

Originally Posted by bangtcg

and so are pompous atheists who think their religion is the best! (guess who i am referencing)
you are right, atheists are not suppose to have a doctrine. some atheists like me, would rather not follow religious doctrines or dogmas because they are absurd.

if you mean atheists dont have an imaginary god dictating what they should do then, sure we are "loose."

which how were those morals formed, or what basis by which they were introduced? All morality comes back to a central theme, which I believe to be biblically based.
how were they formed? you just numb in the head? jesus wasn't the alpha for human beings. there were civilizations prior to jesus. i wonder how these savages got through their lives? don't forget, religion is geographically challenged. not everybody was blessed by your god's teachings. where did "morality" come from for the athiest? same place it came from for the christians. morality came from customs, habit, & self interest. perhaps you should read up and learn cultures that didn't rely on jesus. stop being close minded.
who the hell says atheists are supposed to think they are the center of everything. straw man.

i am an athiest. i believe there is no heaven or hell. i believe there is nothign after this life. i also believe you will also have nothing after this and that is why my rights end where yours begins. you on the other hand are so pressed to believe that there is a paradise waiting for you. all you have to do is ask for forgiveness.... give me a break.

I am in no way trying to come off as pompous; au cointraire, actually. I apologize if my demeanor is inferred as such.

In reference to your last paragraph, what is to stop you from doing whatever you want, regardless of if it is right or wrong in general morality? If there isnothing after this life, then why would you be doing anything other than self-rightous activities, like promiscuous sex, murder, etc? I know that from thehearts of men come many things (Mark 7:21), and if I were not held to a higher standard, then general pandemonia would ensue simply because of human nature andfree will.

It is actually a bit more complex than simply reciting the phrase, "Please forgive me oh Lord, for I have sinned." There is the acceptance of JesusChrist as your saviour, and many other aspects which you probably can read upon and become familiar with if you so desire.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

you are right, atheists are not suppose to have a doctrine. some atheists like me, would rather not follow religious doctrines or dogmas because
they are absurd.

which how were those morals formed, or what basis by which they were introduced? All morality comes back to a central theme, which I believe to be biblically
based.

how were they formed? you just numb in the head? jesus wasn't the alpha for human beings. there were civilizations prior to jesus. i
wonder how these savages got through their lives? don't forget, religion is geographically challenged. not everybody was blessed by your god's
teachings. where did "morality" come from for the athiest? same place it came from for the christians. morality came from customs, habit, & self
interest. perhaps you should read up and learn cultures that didn't rely on jesus. stop being close minded.

Furthermore, I refuse to believe my existence is by mere chance. It is humbling to know that I am not the center of the universe, that I am not the most
important thing in all of existence, that there is an omnicient being higher than thou.

i am an athiest. i believe there is no heaven or hell. i believe there is nothign after this life. i also believe you will also have nothing after this and
that is why my rights end where yours begins. you on the other hand are so pressed to believe that there is a paradise waiting for you. all you have to do is
ask for forgiveness.... give me a break.

this why I'm almost ashamed to admit im a christian half the time...i swear, the vast majority of christians/*insert any religion here* are the most closeminded and confused individuals on this earth

because someone doesn't fallow the bible their morals aren't as concrete as a devote christians? you guys are so blinded by your own faith itsridiculous...there's a middle ground between God and logic, you guys are ridiculous and as i said before, you're an embarrassment to the faith you soblindly represent

ill say this, I'm definitely more spiritual than i am faithful

I don't do bad things because I don't have any desire to, not so I won't burn in hell
Thank you. The idea that Jesus makes you a better person is kind of funny to me, not trying to be mean or anything.

Back
Top Bottom