AT&T or Verizon?

I asked this question before but couldn't find the thread...

Who's better to work for as a sales consultant?

Who gets paid more, better atmosphere,better benefits?

I'm.part time with AT&T, but got offered another full time Verizon job...

The vibe seems soooo chill at the AT&t spot, but I hear Verizon offers tuition reimbursement from day 1...

Already started at the AT&t spot last week, but Verizon hit me today with the offer...

Both are in nice parts of Dallas. (Flower mound and Frisco)

At AT&T, they said that the commission structure doesn't really allow you to exceed $3k a month in commission checks... and that's on a GREAT month...

Halp me, fambs ... I'm torn...

:\ :\

Which one has better benefits for you? Meaning, like do you get phone discounts and a free line or something? :nerd:

VZW benefits are amazing, but Retail sucks bro, Wireless in General they change commission so much, its hard to make 2k while back in the day that was avg.

Which one has better benefits for you? Meaning, like do you get phone discounts and a free line or something? :nerd:
hefty discounts to both companies ... free company line to both companies ... I'm worried about the money, and tuition reimbursement ... Verizon offers more tuition reimbursement and gives more money per semester.

been in retail for 5 years famb... I already know the deal...

VZW got the game on lock, idk nothing about working aout ATT though, Id figure ATT would be easier to get new adds, because people can bring in any unlocked phone, so you can do some side stuff and get activations.

try getting a job at a university's telecomm office. one of my friends works at penn state university telecomm department - free phone, service, and full employee benefit including 100% tuition reimbursement. he basically procure and support faculty and staff at the university.

Recently got a job offer at both an At&t store and a Wireless Kiosk inside a Costco. 

I took the job at the Costco location. Can someone elaborate how much AT&T's commission works? For example how much do you get per activation?

At costco for example you get $10 per activation if smart phone and another $15 if you get the data plan too.

Did i make the right choice??? 
eyes.gif

Recently got a job offer at both an At&t store and a Wireless Kiosk inside a Costco. 

I took the job at the Costco location. Can someone elaborate how much AT&T's commission works? For example how much do you get per activation?

At costco for example you get $10 per activation if smart phone and another $15 if you get the data plan too.

Did i make the right choice??? :rolleyes

I personally would have went for the AT&T store job. I don't really think people go into Costco to get a new cell phone. I would think you could make more off of commission in a store that specializes in only phones. People always hate that guy at the kiosk who runs up to you asking questions while they are shopping.

I'd go Verizon off the strength of their reputation alone. I'm actually trying to get employed with one of these companies myself.

Sorry about that. I skimmed over the end part of your post. As I said, you don't want to burn your bridge with AT&T. I was a Store Manager previously and I can tell you that there is nothing worse than losing a new employee in the first few weeks. I think you should stay with your current company. Think about if you switch to VZW and later in your life you become eligible for a high ranking position at AT&T. When you apply, they will know that you were previously employed and quit after the first week. The only way I would say switch is if your situation is terrible.
true... I'm in grad school though, bro... that junk is high... 8k today > 5k after a year of employment ... it just seemed like Verizon was a bunch of white boy sleaze balls.. Att seemed alot warmer...

son how you got 2 job offers and i've applied for both aint get jack sqaut.....tell me your secret

son how you got 2 job offers and i've applied for both aint get jack sqaut.....tell me your secret
1. Marketing degree
2. 5 years retail
3. Interview swag out the roof
4. I get yambs before each interview ... everyone respects the guy that gets yambs. Men and women.

Applied for an AT&T position, for two different stores. Not a call back. I guess I can try Verizion. How's TMO, there's a store near by?

Off topic and don't mean to thread jack but anyone ever work for T-mobile? Applied for a retail full time position, hourly plus commission.

Verizon is a ***** to sell imo. Their sites are hard to navigate around for activations. Sprint and ATTs sites are way more user friendly.

I've had verizon for over 4 years now, I'm very happy with the service. Usually no down time at all, and the staff has been pretty helpful at the service centers.

Sorry about that. I skimmed over the end part of your post. As I said, you don't want to burn your bridge with AT&T. I was a Store Manager previously and I can tell you that there is nothing worse than losing a new employee in the first few weeks. I think you should stay with your current company. Think about if you switch to VZW and later in your life you become eligible for a high ranking position at AT&T. When you apply, they will know that you were previously employed and quit after the first week. The only way I would say switch is if your situation is terrible.
a company can't trip if I say "I was 22 out of college and they offered tuition reimbursement "? Another good thing about Att is the WORLD HEADQUARTERS are in Dallas ... downtown ...

Back
Top Bottom