Asics Love?!? Where is it?

^^ damn. these look pretty tight...but was hoping for some salmon toes since he posted a random teaser pic about a week ago.
RF bust a rerelease of salmon toes w/ some salmon rope laces! seems like rope laces are the latest trend for GL3s.

not to burst your bubble w/ hopin' that salmon toes get re-released, but i recall rf stating somewhere (probably on twitter) that he would never "retro" anything that he's previously released (in terms of his actual collabs/designs)...

There is always hype with his shoes... you saw the hype behind the Coves and those things are hideous.  These are nice... especially if you like denim.

There is always hype with his shoes... you saw the hype behind the Coves and those things are hideous.  These are nice... especially if you like denim.

:stoneface: now say what now?...i guess if you dont like bright colors then i could see how you would pass. but to call them hideous is OD. IMO and quality -wise they are one of his best in person, to each his own i guess...

Last edited:
i understand that, but there is absolutely no correlation between the discs and the "coves" besides the name. so forgive me but im not really following your thought train...

*edit: NVM, i see what your saying now, your actually talking about the Puma Discs. i thought you were referring to the original Coves, the GL3s...

Last edited:
Haha I started to figure that was what you meant, because I truly haven't seen anyone say anything bad about the GL3 coves. Also, those Selvedge Denims are something serious :smokin

not to burst your bubble w/ hopin' that salmon toes get re-released, but i recall rf stating somewhere (probably on twitter) that he would never "retro" anything that he's previously released (in terms of his actual collabs/designs)...

no i know.... but one can daydream right?

the denims look intriguing, its definitely a step in a different direction from his usual premium nubucks and leathers. im curious to see how they will look in person and what the quality will be like...

I ended up buying those Neptunes. I went with my normal size, 8.5. I know people were saying they were going down half a size, but I have a pretty wide foot so I stuck with my TTS. I'm sure I'll be fine but if not, thick socks will do.

And I don't know how I feel about those denims. I like the idea, but just wearing denim on my feet seems weird. Maybe it just needs more time.

Hell, I'm still trying to get a pair of Total Eclipses...

If they have Ronnie Fieg's name on it, they aren't easy. Some people have had great success. Me, on the other hand, I have failed every time. I've had to pay reseller for all mine.

It doesnt matter what i do i strike out on most his releases, and resellers arent generous with these at all. 
frown.gif

keep missin kithstrikes -.-

i'm thinking i just need to figure out where those rope laces come from and just buy GRs, slap 'em on, and wait for the kithstrike 3 years down the road in my ogs.

man those caviar's n black/yellows... i'm debating just gettin GL3s for a while so many i don't have :/

Back
Top Bottom