Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Can't help but laugh at some one who complains that $175 is some huge reseller increase - That's $15 cheaper than Australian retail...

Last edited:
Hey alp,

Both those pairs are the international release Mortars. The Australian exclusive pairs have a canvas tongue instead of nylon and the box colours are listed as Light Grey/Snow White 1398 instead of Light Grey/Off White 1399.
the 13 was released in Australia but at a different store called capsule, not at HAL.

He picked up the 11.5 in person, from Kith.
he meant international as in the worldwide release. Like when west sauconies released at west NYC. The initial release is the exclusive release while other stores releasing them two weeks later was the "international" release even though spots in the US had em

Can't help but laugh at some one who complains that $175 is some huge reseller increase - That's $15 cheaper than Australian retail...

Ok and? Whats australian retail have to do with spending US retail

$175 vs $100 ...

Cpl dollars would be $120 $130 range

Very excited for my Santa GL3s to come, havent gotten a shipping confirmation but I doubnt PYS would do all that on the weekends. Hoping my order goes thru. Getting these slightly early would be nice :smile:

it all boils down to financial priorities. if you can personally justify spending, lets say, $200+ for a shoe that retailed for around $100, then by all means go for it. But if you can find a better use for  that cash (i.e. saving for another release and trying to get retail on it) then do that.

Well imagine paying $265 then

I don't have to imagine it - I paid $350 for my Woei's, more for non-Asics stuff. Was it expensive? Sure. Was I going to get them any cheaper? Nope. If resale is too expensive for some peoples taste, there really isn't any point in complaining about it; it's not going to make buying outside of retail any cheaper...

You paid resell price for a very limited pair of asics (Woei's) which is understandable because they weren't a GR.

People do not want to pay euro prices when they don't have to. The Urban Camos still haven't released at a number of online stores and boutiques here in the US,
there is no point in paying the Euro price or reseller price on ebay when they can still be purchased for retail here in the US.

Last edited:
I don't get some of you. Y'all trying so hard to get the shoes you "really want" for retail. You know it's going to be tough....why not throw in a couple extra dollars to get them over retail and have a guaranteed pair? It's a great way to avoid the headache looking for links all day and coming up short each time

I see capt blues right now for 175. I'd pull the trigger asap
Stop yous' wylin. Aint nobody got time for those prices. Maybe the Hanon FSR (Half Size) 130$ Pre-Order, besides that if it anything over $120 forget that.

I haven't paid retail on any of the 30+ pairs I've purchased this year... I don't plan to start paying over retail anytime soon.
30 pairs? |: That is almost my entire collection of shoes. I am at least a decade away from being able to afford 30 pairs of kicks in one year |:

Must you aussies throw it in our face every chance you get? We understand everything there cost too much

I'll just leave this here. Just saw the pic on IG. Chime in if you got info (especially the wheat pair)
Hopefully I will have cash for those mints. But I have been having a rough year with how much the CPA exam cost to take and study for :smh:

Missing releases I really want and **** )':

Last edited:
^i meant to say over retail... I edited my post :\

I've sold quite a few pairs to help pay for all the pairs I've bought tho.

I don't get some of you. Y'all trying so hard to get the shoes you "really want" for retail. You know it's going to be tough....why not throw in a couple extra dollars to get them over retail and have a guaranteed pair? It's a great way to avoid the headache looking for links all day and coming up short each time

I see capt blues right now for 175. I'd pull the trigger asap

You said that it would be worth it to spend a "couple extra dollars to get them over retail" then you continued to say that there's pairs for 175. $75 is not a couple extra dollars.

Some people just don't want to pay over retail for shoes. I for one, will not pay $175 or whatever for the camos when they're still in the process of releasing. Yes, I like them. Yes, I can afford them at that price. Does it make sense to spend an extra $75 on a shoe that hasn't completely sold out yet, no. Some people need to implement the motto "on to the next one".

How about the guys who want to pay over retail do it, and the guys who don't want to pay over retail don't. And we all move on with our lives without worrying about what another man does.

Who has the camo gel sagas so far? How doyou like them? I want a pair but haven't seen them in person.

Last edited:
30 pairs? |: That is almost my entire collection of shoes. I am at least a decade away from being able to afford 30 pairs of kicks in one year |:

It's not all it's cracked up to be. With space and then wondering when you're even going to be able to wear them. Plus trying to figure out what to wear that day.

Life is a lot simpler with less sneakers.

You paid resell price for a very limited pair of asics (Woei's) which is understandable because they weren't a GR.

People do not want to pay euro prices when they don't have to. The Urban Camos still haven't released at a number of online stores and boutiques here in the US,
there is no point in paying the Euro price or reseller price on ebay when they can still be purchased for retail here in the US.

The stuff that needs to be explained sometimes :smh:

Instead of paying $175, that's a pair of urban camos and black/tans with a coupon from FNL.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. With space and then wondering when you're even going to be able to wear them. Plus trying to figure out what to wear that day.

Life is a lot simpler with less sneakers.
this... If I'm lucky, I get to wear 3-4 pairs a week. In most cases, it's more like 1-2 because of work.

I think about selling a good majority of my shoes, but then it gets difficult figuring out what I want to let go of.

It's nice to have a good variety of shoes to chose from, but it can also be a pain in the ***.

@Mayor of NYC one day I will be able to say "**** it, I don't want to wake up today, I'll spend an extra $100+ for those. It is less than my hourly salary anyway." But today is not that day.

Or I will be able to afford to live in NYC and get shoes much easier than I would in Chicago

Back
Top Bottom