Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Not trying to be a Danny Downer or anything lol but could someone tell me what is the huge draw of these RC x Asics gliii's? I understand it's all preference to the individual and I personally think my pair in hand is a clean simple shoe, but nothing special at all. Just wondering if there is something I am missing because to see how people have been in this thread and in the Facebook groups, I was expecting to be floored when I received today. Personally I am glad I showed restraint and stuck to one cw and didn't cop the whole pack as I intended and especially happy I didnt pay resale...
Again not knocking anyone who loves these, just sincerely curious what makes these so "dope" to those who do love them.
Its a simple, conservative, clean kick. A breath of fresh air from all these boutiques tryna do to much. Also the fact that RC is a respected brand known for their quality drove alotta hype. Then again, all GL3 collabs are hyped 

Not trying to be a Danny Downer or anything lol but could someone tell me what is the huge draw of these RC x Asics gliii's? I understand it's all preference to the individual and I personally think my pair in hand is a clean simple shoe, but nothing special at all. Just wondering if there is something I am missing because to see how people have been in this thread and in the Facebook groups, I was expecting to be floored when I received today. Personally I am glad I showed restraint and stuck to one cw and didn't cop the whole pack as I intended and especially happy I didnt pay resale...
Again not knocking anyone who loves these, just sincerely curious what makes these so "dope" to those who do love them.
I think its due to the collab using the GL3 and having so many people thirst over the 25th anny pairs..  Could be the influence the name RC has in the industry..Could be that everyone thinks they can make a quick dollar if they buy and sell the collab of the weekend? 

I personally loved the grey pair due to its simplicity (seems like a general consensus)..

Super clean, simple colorways.

I think a lot of other collabs/colorways create a divide where people either love or hate them.

With these, they're simple enough but still unique so there's something for everyone.

For me it is more than just a really dope and clean colorway. I am a huge fan of Reigning Champ. Their stuff is high quality plus well fitted. Simple and durable with underarm gussets and stretch elastic ribbing on the side lets you move freely while it hugs your body well. One of the few brands I feel are worth their retail (although I bought all mine on sale). Another similar brand is wings + horns but those are marked up a bit more. And yeah GLIIIs are a pretty clean shoe in general, just never found one that made me want to pull the trigger till now and I want to say it is mainly because of the collab.

Last edited:
That is why I asked for those in love with the shoe to share the reasons why.
...I am a huge fan of Reigning Champ. Their stuff is high quality plus well fitted...
I guess this here best explains it for me as a reason. I can totally understand this and since personally I have only recently copped a few pieces of their apparel I would not have the same appreciation as a long time fan of the brand. So a collab would definitely be more desirable in that sense for sure.
Appreciate the feedback everyone, thanks. Like I said before, I myself think it's a solid pair that is simple and clean.

For me it is more than just a really dope and clean colorway. I am a huge fan of Reigning Champ. Their stuff is high quality plus well fitted. Simple and durable with underarm gussets and stretch elastic ribbing on the side lets you move freely while it hugs your body well. One of the few brands I feel are worth their retail (although I bought all mine on sale). Another similar brand is wings + horns but those are marked up a bit more. And yeah GLIIIs are a pretty clean shoe in general, just never found one that made me want to pull the trigger till now and I want to say it is mainly because of the collab.
This is the same for me.  I'm a RC fanboy. 

+1 on Reigning Champ/Wings+Horns gear, the fit and quality is amazing, its hard to resist when they're on sale
grin.gif

I have 5 grey RC/W+H hoodies, it would be injustice if I can't get a pair of the grey RC GL3, can't wait to pick them up from the post office tonight!

Now I'm just feeling left out! [emoji]128514[/emoji], I only have a hoodie and one sweatpants from RC. Maybe in time I can gather more pieces and grow a better appreciation.

Now I'm just feeling left out! [emoji]128514[/emoji], I only have a hoodie and one sweatpants from RC. Maybe in time I can gather more pieces and grow a better appreciation.

Heard their stuff runs small..did you size up on any of their pieces?

I'm happy with my pair. :smokin

I'm not. Anyone want a size 12 for retail hit me up. Let me know before I return them. Just trying to help out this thread. If this isn't allowed then I'm sorry. Not a reseller. Just trying to help someone out before I return. Thank you. I have the Navy's and Grey. Still undecided on the grey but def don't like the navy.

I wasn't sure what size to get in these, so I grabbed a 12 and a 13. Swimming in the 13's, hoping the 12's fit cause I'm a damn fool for skipping the 12.5 on ATUSA :smh:

I'm not. Anyone want a size 12 for retail hit me up. Let me know before I return them. Just trying to help out this thread. If this isn't allowed then I'm sorry. Not a reseller. Just trying to help someone out before I return. Thank you. I have the Navy's and Grey. Still undecided on the grey but def don't like the navy.
Do you not like having your feet hugged by clouds of cushiony pillows? 

Back
Top Bottom