Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Hey everyone thanks for the link to these deals but I have a problem figuring out sizing. I wear a size 10 in Jordan's but do running shoes run big or do I need to size down to a 9.5 for a snug comfortable fit
Depends on what model you're asking about. Half sizing down may be unwearable. As an example, I wear a 9.5 in Jordan 1s, which is my true to size. Most people in here .5 up on GL3s and GLVs if they have a normal lining, some stay TTS if they enjoy a snugger fit. I strongly caution you .5 sizing down on certain models else they may feel like they're being painted on.  Materials used also play a huge part along with model. You're going to get a better answer if you're specific with the model you're interested in. 

Depends on what model you're asking about. Half sizing down may be unwearable. As an example, I wear a 9.5 in Jordan 1s, which is my true to size. Most people in here .5 up on GL3s and GLVs if they have a normal lining, some stay TTS if they enjoy a snugger fit. I strongly caution you .5 sizing down on certain models else they may feel like they're being painted on.  Materials used also play a huge part along with model. You're going to get a better answer if you're specific with the model you're interested in. 
strictly the GL III series nothing else

Personally I don't get all the hate for the false flags, they're not mind blowing but once I put in some waxed black flat laces they've turned into a nice wearable pair

GL 3 is half size up from your true size for most of them. Only exceptions tend to be those with a leather liner and even then it's like 50/50. Tsavorites for example run bigger so they're TTS, same with the gold RF World Cup pair but most of the others run pretty small especially width wise.

For reference I wear a 10 in most Nikes and Jordan's, a 9.5 in New Balance 996, 997, 998 and I wear a 10.5 in Asics for both the GL 3 and GL 5. I could probably be fine in a 10 in the GL 5 but not in most 3s.

if you have normal sized feet....leather sockliner(less cushion) tts. Regular liner .5 up
so something this I would need to size up .5 from my original size?

Last edited:
strictly the GL III series nothing else

Depends on how you like yours to run. I don't lace mine and heel slippage makes me want to set my shoes on fire. Listen to recommendations of the majority on this one actually.

Sorry about that.

I really hope these Hanons are slept on since everyone's out doing holiday shopping. If these would've dropped last weekend, I think these would've have been a little difficult to obtain.

Last edited:
Those all white atmos GL3s are ***** for $170, but $100....... Probably still out of range with the white GRs going for $60. Can the leather be that much better on them?

Depends on how you like yours to run. I don't lace mine and heel slippage makes me want to set my shoes on fire. Listen to recommendations of the majority on this one actually.

Sorry about that.
You don't have to apologize all replies are welcome. Can't jump head first into something without getting some insight first. Personally I lean towards snug fit laces tied loose and not tight.

Sorry about that.
You don't have to apologize all replies are welcome. Can't jump head first into something without getting some insight first. Personally I lean towards snug fit laces tied loose and not tight.
Then I'd give TTS a whirl, but don't be too surprised if they're too tight. Not all GL3s fit the same, just like clothing from the same company and line. You're best bet is to buy a TTS and a .5 size up from a company that lets you return and free shipping. Or even better, go to the store and try them on. 2 years ago or more I would have taken the first route, but these days, Gel Lytes are everywhere, to include Foot Locker. Unless you live in BFE or they're out of your size, I'm going to go out on a limb as say you can cruise down to the mall and probably find an assortment  to try on. They probably have the exact ones you showed in your pic from the Asics website as well.

Then I'd give TTS a whirl, but don't be too surprised if they're too tight. Not all GL3s fit the same, just like clothing from the same company and line. You're best bet is to buy a TTS and a .5 size up from a company that lets you return and free shipping. Or even better, go to the store and try them on. 2 years ago or more I would have taken the first route, but these days, Gel Lytes are everywhere, to include Foot Locker. Unless you live in BFE or they're out of your size, I'm going to go out on a limb as say you can cruise down to the mall and probably find an assortment  to try on. They probably have the exact ones you showed in your pic from the Asics website as well.
I'm definitely going to hit in store first and see if I can try some pairs on

saw dr.ugolini with full size run on hanons. thinking if i should cop his last us9.5 pair but for will cost me almost 700CAD lol fml. hope my japan friend wins the raffle. i doubt. haha

btw, if anyone needs HALs US9 i have one for retail plus shipping. and if anyone wants to sell their us9.5 squads let me know! 

Back
Top Bottom