Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Just got these in and there were things I liked and things I didn't.

I love the colourblocking and the shades of red and purple work really well together. Can't not like a gum sole too. Nice use of materials as well, with mesh in the toebox and suede in the midfoot and heel. Workmanship is spot on and there are no glue stains or flaws at all on my pair. GITD midsole is cool, but isn't really a factor for me.

What I didn't like was the quality of the suede used. Definitely not the best on a GLV i've seen. If you have the Solebox Saucony collabs the suede is similar, albeit not as felt-like as the Soleboxes. In hand it feels like a very lightweight shoe, almost like they didn't use quality suede that's nice and dense? Also not a fan of the pale pink lining and yellow portion on the heel tab. 

Overall, they didn't really blow me away, but they still look pretty sick to me. Very glad i copped.

Oh and just for the sake of comparison; Koyos > Dried Roses.

Last edited:
was bored so tried to compare some of my glv's to the get wets to see how much thicker they actually were. they don't look that much thicker here but when i put them on feet they feel like I'm carrying a cruise ship on my foot. they still 
pimp.gif
 tho

Just got these in and there were things I liked and things I didn't.

I love the colourblocking and the shades of red and purple work really well together. Can't not like a gum sole too. Nice use of materials as well, with mesh in the toebox and suede in the midfoot and heel. Workmanship is spot on and there are no glue stains or flaws at all on my pair. GITD midsole is cool, but isn't really a factor for me.

What I didn't like was the quality of the suede used. Definitely not the best on a GLV i've seen. If you have the Solebox Saucony collabs the suede is similar, albeit not as felt-like as the Soleboxes. In hand it feels like a very lightweight shoe, almost like they didn't use quality suede that's nice and dense? Also not a fan of the pale pink lining and yellow portion on the heel tab. 

Overall, they didn't really blow me away, but they still look pretty sick to me. Very glad i copped.

best pictures yet. really hope a pair pops up on eBay. they look great. still prefer koyos over them tho. but i do love the colors. 

mitas lookin' too slim for me-- I struggle with my normal size in GLVs in terms of width-- looks like I'd struggle for comfort in those. color scheme looks dope though-- I prefer those over volcanoes personally

anyone have pics of a lace swap on the FF's? I would post some but mine are still "invoiced" from the release on the 19th.

was bored so tried to compare some of my glv's to the get wets to see how much thicker they actually were. they don't look that much thicker here but when i put them on feet they feel like I'm carrying a cruise ship on my foot. they still :pimp:  tho

The bodegas fit differently because the sick liner takes up the entire inner part. Whereas the sock liner in other GLV's don't have a full sock liner

Mita's get worse every picture... They are worse than the extra butter GLV... And the shape definitely looks odd, if the li are an Asian exclusive, asia can keep them!

I think you're over exaggerating a little. Comparing them next to my mint glvs there is a difference in shape yes, but nothing mind blowingly heinous and obvious as the AM1s.

It's definitely not the best GLV produced shape wise, but the colour blocking is very dope to me.

^Looks better in this pic - probably cuz the beam of light hides the hot pink boot/tongue lol. Still an easy pass for me.

Last edited:

How did you compare them?

Materials: Koyos > Mitas ... 100% (from what you see from the pics, i own the Koyos and the leather is top notch!)
Shape: Koyos > Mitas ... 100% (Koyos look exactly how a Gel Lyte V is supposed to look like ;-) !)
Concept: Koyos = Mitas ... 50% (both have a solid concept)
Colors: Koyos > Mitas ... personal opinion, i just prefer the stronger Koyo contrasts.

The bodega joints finally came after 8 days. Impressed with the quality of the shoe, I'm surprised that Proper (the company I bought them from) didn't give me the extra pair of turquoise laces. 

Back
Top Bottom