Asian Culture Discussion Thread

sometimes it be one of your own :stoneface: ol' Auntie Tam self-hating liar. They never gonna love you Michelle.

unfortunately every community of color has these bootlickers that are so eager to seek acceptance by white european americans.. not surprised it’s a korean woman from socal in this position

unfortunately every community of color has these bootlickers that are so eager to seek acceptance by white european americans.. not surprised it’s a korean woman from socal in this position

her district has a lot of Vietnamese immigrants AND affluent whites so she's trying hard to play the anti-communism shtick to pander to those communities, while alienating/offending every single Asian living there. The protests are a good sign that they're not putting up with her BS.

It's sad when Americans can't separate the people and the language from the CCP itself. Propaganda and Xenophobia at its finest :smh:

This is literally what happened in the 40s to the Japanese community.

Chinese people have been living in damn near every corner of the world for hundreds of years now. You’d think it’d be common sense to not blame Chinese people in general for the actions of a government that they have no connection to or, if they live in the mainland, have no option to protest or change.

I’ve known hundreds of Chinese immigrants/children of immigrants from China throughout my life that couldn’t care less about the CCP. I’ve been to China multiple times and have met plenty of cool and friendly locals that use coded language to criticize the government, especially people from Shanghai who always say @$&@ like “I’m not Chinese, I’m Shanghainese” . I have Chinese relatives born and raised in India and Indonesia that have never even been to China and have no connection to anything Chinese other than some food and celebrating lunar new year.

Despite explaining this thoroughly to a couple of my former relatives (I say former because I cut them off ), they still doubled down and blamed all Chinese people in general for COVID and the CCP’s actions. Some people will just not get it no matter how much logic you use with them.

1667998450765.png

What Asian food are you guys making for thanksgiving? I'm doing the majority of the cooking this year but went the lazy route for the appetizers and bought frozen eggrolls and dumplings from Costco.

I don't think I've eaten a bite of turkey the last 5 thanksgivings. Love honey ham though. Was gonna buy one today but saw that 13 pounds of pork shoulder was slightly cheaper.

We get the honeybaked ham for thanksgiving and do a roast ribeye for Christmas, with random sides both American and Filipino.

I don’t mess with dry *** turkey though rather just put some gigantic chicken on a plate. Whoever’s hosting thanksgiving has one every year though.

Going all American this year cooking the bird for the first time. Gonna brine it for a day...you guys ever bake it cut in half? Or will it lose more moisture?

My family all older and got kids now so they expecting me to deliver :smh: I think I got it covered just gotta focus on getting the cook right.

Going all American this year cooking the bird for the first time. Gonna brine it for a day...you guys ever bake it cut in half? Or will it lose more moisture?

My family all older and got kids now so they expecting me to deliver :smh: I think I got it covered just gotta focus on getting the cook right.

brining is definitely the play. my view of turkey on thankstaking changed forever once i had i brined turkey.

i've baked the bird twice and both times i've just put them in whole without cutting it. any reason in particular you're considering splitting it in half?

brining is definitely the play. my view of turkey on thankstaking changed forever once i had i brined turkey.

i've baked the bird twice and both times i've just put them in whole without cutting it. any reason in particular you're considering splitting it in half?
That's what people have been telling me so im looking forward to it.

Tbh I just want to cut the cooking time so I can watch some football and get my drink on :lol:
Thought it would be faster to cook and let it rest for longer and we don't really carve the turkey anyways.

Thanksgiving is the only time I eat turkey and ham on the same plate, lol. Can’t pass up the opportunity 🤤🤤🤤🤤

Always liked ham more than turkey on Thanksgiving but I'm all about the stuffing/dressing. Whatever you wanna call it

Back
Top Bottom