Asian Culture Discussion Thread

As someone who lived in Australia for a few years, it's almost a rite of passage to be an Australian to go to Thailand and Bali and get piss drunk and disrespect the locals.

Aussies on "gap year" should have their passports/visas rejected. Probably the worst group of humans I've ever run into while traveling.

Kiwis on the other hand are usually a lot more well behaved, at least the ones I've met.

My best memory of Australians is in Thailand; we hit up a bar where these drunk meathead Aussies were hopping into a Muay Thai ring to try to win a bucket of beer. My friend and I bought that same bucket for $4 and spent an hour watching them get obliterated by trained fighters :lol:

Last edited:
Aussies on "gap year" should have their passports/visas rejected. Probably the worst group of humans I've ever run into while traveling.

Kiwis on the other hand are usually a lot more well behaved, at least the ones I've met.
Kiwi Asian right here

Kiwi Asian right here

I was surprised to find out that NZ has even a 10% Asian population. I remember meeting two Indian girls from there a while back and asking them how the hell they ended up there :lol: I'm assuming most there are Chinese and Indian?

HK brethrens what's it really like?
paradise, everything is almost tax free, a breitling what cost 20K euro in the netherlands can be bought in HK for 16K, the food is amazing, down side from HK is that renting or buying an house is extremely expensive

Been to Holland, Ireland Italy, UK and France within the past 3 years never ran into any racist problems. On another note, my Tinder was exploding in Ireland :rofl:

Ireland you say?

24BK.gif

Venice was the worst for me when it came to racism. Literally every shop we walked into would look down at us and smile and be all nice and friendly to the white customers. **** Venice that sinking ****hole. ****.

Ya Dublin mainly. I met a girl at a bar on St. Paddy's day, we chatted for about 15 minutes and she ended up flying out to Toronto to visit me a few months later. She paid for her own flight too lmao but she stayed with me

Hows the talent in Dublin like, never made it outside of England in the UK trips I've done. Lota redheads or more blondes?

Ya Dublin mainly. I met a girl at a bar on St. Paddy's day, we chatted for about 15 minutes and she ended up flying out to Toronto to visit me a few months later. She paid for her own flight too lmao but she stayed with me

Good opportunity to learn more Cantonese. I'm sure you can find people to chill with that speak English. Hit up LKF yet?

Also horrible movie but have y'all seen that movie with that guy from How to make it in America and Jamie Chung?

Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong

I want to, I'll go when I meet some people because I don't wanna go alone

I got a uncle in Australia, escaped Vietnam same time as my parents and started a family over there. I asked him about the VN community there and he said there's TONs of them.. curious to see how different or similar it is to over here. Will prob be on the list of my next continent to visit.

what part of the country is your family from? was there earlier this year and had THE BEST time. such a wonderful place filled with genuinely beautiful people.

ho chi minh city is BOOMING. couple that with like 60 something plus percent of the population being under 35 yrs is gonna boost that country. they already have the highest economic growth rate in all of eastern asia

My family is from Huế, which is South Vietnam (technically Central, it is the top most city of the South). Last time I've been to Vietnam was when I was 10, so I didn't get to see what you saw now. There was no Dragon Bridge in Da Nang, we took a boat to get over there. And Saigon was old shopping malls and street shops. Many of my uncles/aunts have moved over to America now, with some of their adult kids carrying the torch back home. But I'm making it a point to visit next year when I'm done with grad school, to visit my grandmother's and older brother's grave. Glad you had a dope time there fam, makes me more excited to come back home..

I got a uncle in Australia, escaped Vietnam same time as my parents and started a family over there. I asked him about the VN community there and he said there's TONs of them.. curious to see how different or similar it is to over here. Will prob be on the list of my next continent to visit.

My family is from Huế, which is South Vietnam (technically Central, it is the top most city of the South). Last time I've been to Vietnam was when I was 10, so I didn't get to see what you saw now. There was no Dragon Bridge in Da Nang, we took a boat to get over there. And Saigon was old shopping malls and street shops. Many of my uncles/aunts have moved over to America now, with some of their adult kids carrying the torch back home. But I'm making it a point to visit next year when I'm done with grad school, to visit my grandmother's and older brother's grave. Glad you had a dope time there fam, makes me more excited to come back home..
Vietnam has modernized a lot in the last 10 years

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're from San Jose/South Bay, right? The main reason I haven't gone to Vietnam yet is because I feel like I pretty much grew up there already :lol: (Moved to San Jose for high school, stayed there for a few years after graduating college, still go there every weekend to kick it with my family/friends). It's the same reason I haven't gone to the Philippines yet and the reason I only went to China recently (all my closest friends that I grew up with are Chinese, Filipino, and Vietnamese); I've always wanted to go, but I wanted to hit up more of the countries/cultures that I'm unfamiliar with first. Definitely planning to hit up Vietnam and Philippines in 2019 though

Back
Top Bottom