Asher Roth - Asleep in the Bread Aisle (album cover and tracklist).

dirty version?
nerd.gif

Asher Roth is weak. That song "As I Em" is awful, dude is just speaking prose over the beat. The topic reminds me a lot of KJ52's "DearSlim" (minus the Christian parts) which was much better.

Asher is nice, his flow is
eek.gif

I laugh everytime I hear Busta on "Lions Roar" right before he starts to rap
laugh.gif

Give the album a solid 8, very well put together, production is nice, has some substance.

"His Dream" is
eek.gif
{ That is easily the best song on his CD.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I really dig the production, and there's no question dude can flow and rhyme but...

there's just something cheesy about it... i dont get it. He's rapping about his life, but it comes across really corny. And it's not even that I can't relate -- i went to college, 97% of my friends are white -- it's just... i dont know how to explain it. it's cheesy.
Cause at the end of the day, that's not the type of %+*# you want people to rap about, even though he is no more gimmicky than Rick Ross. He's the Adam Sandler of Rap

Its kinda sad that this is how its supposed to be done and right now he's pretty much the only new act to get that album out as soon as he has a"hit"...dudes need to push a little harder to get put out there for real these days

people are funny. he is TRYING to be eminem? why cause he is white and raps? i admit his voice has a familiar sound to it (a little like em's) but thatsit. people try to draw comparisons to much. and about 1/4 of the replies in this thread are slightly racist in the sense that asher roth HAS to be trying to beem simply cause they are white and rap. seriously? i mean really with any new rapper you could find a established rapper that said rapper reminds you of. willthat person be "trying" to be that person cause of that? not even a little bit. asher roth is slightly funny when he raps but after watching a viewyoutube videos of him (my boy put me onto asher roth and the clips) thats just who he is. hes not giving you a false impression of himself. not claiming to beanything he isnt. id rather listen to a dude like asher roth, or kid cudi who are real to themselves then listen to a dude claim hes a thug or a ganster. thatsthe type of rap thats funny to me. seriously its sad that rappers feel a need to give an impression of themselves thats negative in order to sell. for examplejay-z rarely talks in great deal or even glorify his illegal past. people talk bout it more in a thread about it then he does. anyways personally i like mostof asher roths songs ive heard, still unsure if going to buy the album though.

Originally Posted by MrSoLeFrEsH

people are funny. he is TRYING to be eminem? why cause he is white and raps? i admit his voice has a familiar sound to it (a little like em's) but thats it. people try to draw comparisons to much. and about 1/4 of the replies in this thread are slightly racist in the sense that asher roth HAS to be trying to be em simply cause they are white and rap. seriously? i mean really with any new rapper you could find a established rapper that said rapper reminds you of. will that person be "trying" to be that person cause of that? not even a little bit. asher roth is slightly funny when he raps but after watching a view youtube videos of him (my boy put me onto asher roth and the clips) thats just who he is. hes not giving you a false impression of himself. not claiming to be anything he isnt. id rather listen to a dude like asher roth, or kid cudi who are real to themselves then listen to a dude claim hes a thug or a ganster. thats the type of rap thats funny to me. seriously its sad that rappers feel a need to give an impression of themselves thats negative in order to sell. for example jay-z rarely talks in great deal or even glorify his illegal past. people talk bout it more in a thread about it then he does. anyways personally i like most of asher roths songs ive heard, still unsure if going to buy the album though.
do u listen to music or do you just skim through it?!

This is the majority of what Jay talks about slick talkin, females,fashion, and this....%@%* he got a whole album (AG) talkin bout pyrex's and whippinpots....and I ain't knocking dude he's one of the best to ever do it don't get me wrong I just found your statement to be hilarious...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I realllly slept on this guy for realll lol i thought he would be wack but hes auctally alright i just thought he was trying to be an eminem type but he gothis own lil style a bit

No lie. This album is nice.

Also, Busta's verse is one of the best verses his spit in a minute. imo.

I thought dude was a gimmick, and wasn't really a fan of I Love College. Then I heard his flow on Lark On My Go-Kart which leaked a few weeks back and itwas
pimp.gif

Then I peeped By Myself and thought, ok, ok..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Didn't bother with the clean rip that's been floating around.

Just peeped the dirty rip and this cd is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Production is flames, and dude's flow is on point.

I don't really get how people can think the cd is corny, as what did you really expect him to rap about?

If anything, I was surprised by dude's content and I thought it was a well put together album, and thought it had some depth.

Thumbs up, Asher. I'll support the cause and cop.

after listening to the cd I might have to go out and buy it. I listened to it about 4 times today, even tho I thought it would be average, but he actually camestrong with this album. Gotta support the artists!!

the album isnt spectacular, but it doesnt suck. he's a better rapper than i gave him credit for, though

Back
Top Bottom