Asher Roth - Asleep in the Bread Aisle (album cover and tracklist).

As I Em first verse is out.

HipHopUpdate

Went to the listening session a few weeks back in NYC. I think y'all will be pleasantly surprised by the music....if you give it a chance without apredetermined bias

Give him credit for at least getting his album out ahead of the pack

The label and Roth are being smart about it as well, only shipping out 200k or so units. They know and recognize he'll only hit upon a certain niche..sothey're gonna cash in on limited CD sales, digital sales and show money.

i dont want to hear him ... dont want to see him ... im a hater of asher roth ... kick rocks #%%@!%

I think this album is going ot be pretty dope. Everything I've heard from him is good. I must admit when I heard he got signed I thought it was a Joke, butnow that I hear his music I like him I eff with this cat. I'll probably be coping....he still can't freestyle and his rhymes aren't that crisp buthis songs are still good, and not on that trunk music tip,I have no idea why but he makes good music.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i dont want to hear him ... dont want to see him ... im a hater of asher roth ... kick rocks #%%@!%

u eminem fans are sad...

i think u just mad cuz his album aint dropped and he already seems to have more substance...

laugh.gif

asher roth has more substance than em huh ................................................
indifferent.gif

You need a microscope to even see this guy on the radar. He's so small compared to Em it's not even funny. 80+ million sold world wide.... this guy isjust destined to be a crumb that sits in the shadow of a giant. He doesn't even have his own niche like other white rappers who managed to distinguishthemselves by making music with different styles. Is he acting like he's mad he's getting compared to Em ? That just might be only reason anyone haseven heard of him. If it was a black or hispanic dude with his talent they would still be selling mixtapes out of their trunk. I heard some of his material andnever want to hear anything from him again... dude can't rap. Plain and simple. I have no respect for him.

the worse thing i have ever heard in my life was him trying to roll off olajuwon and iverson in that live mtv spring break performance ... and just to let youknow, i love college isnt even that hot on campus forreal ... eminems cracka bottle gets waaaaaaaaaay more people hype and we made you gets them even hyper ...

dude made a song about being compared to em and no one even knows him ... stop crying @$@%$!

i forgot that rapping in an accent u dont have about pop stars is considered substance now...

you said asher roth has more substance than eminem ... stick to beats homie where you are actually decent cuz your ear for actual rappers sucks $$%

o so youre one of them hovtalk guys ... so hows it feel that a rapper you dont like murdered your favorite rapper on his own track? ... lol

Jay's weakest album > Encore

Asher's Be By Myself + Lark On My Go-Kart > We Made You

Who cares about 'hype'

Em >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay

Em now is complete trash, but Encore was still better than a lot of Jay put out. Both are overrated though.

Source 5 Mic's means absolutely nothing. My 15 year old cousin can come up with a better 5 mic list.

5 mic albums
laugh.gif
That's almost as dumb as bringing up album sales, which btw, Em slaughters Jay in that cat
pimp.gif

How did this become a Jay Z > anybody discussion?

As I Em was a song basically made for people like the ones who just posted the last 10-12 posts in this thread.

Why must you compare him to em? Cause he is white? Who gives a *$%#? Go into listining to music with an open mind and you might actually like some *$%# ratherthan automatically comparing it to anything before or after.

I swear being open minded when it comes to music now is extinct.

And im not just referring to this asher roth topic. This has to do with any NEW artist or NEW music from a great rapper. Just take it for what it is and stophating. There is more horrible music on the radio and on BET. So when an Asher Roth comes along, I'll gladly listen and enjoy.

Oh and Jay's verses on the first BOBW were some of his best work. So stop it with that bull.

Back
Top Bottom