Armed citizens can't stop bad guys - Gun Nuts Simulate Paris Shooting, Get Killed Every Time [Video]

it's more about the fear the bad guys will have of an armed civilian population
You do realize most terrorist go in WANTING to die right?
how do you know that?
Specific sects of radical Islamists believe one of the surest ways into heaven is to die a "pure death" or as a martyr for Islam. Hence suicide bombers and dudes running towards much more heavily armed troops with an RPG or AK.

NY Times ran a piece yesterday called "The Jihadist in our family" about a respected Malaysian religious teacher who went to Syria specifically to die a martyr.

Most terrorists are perfectly sane people. They just had different religious and moral teachings than you and I. You grow up believing if you take communion in church that's all you need to get into heaven. They genuinely believe if they die in the name of this specific cause they're shoo ins too.

I mean the medal of honor is almost exclusively handed out to soldiers who die in the line of duty. It's a posthumous honor that doesn't mean anything to the dead person but to his family friends it's nice to think they died for something worthy.

The idea of martyrdom and guaranteed providence isn't too far off from that. Want to convince people to do something life threatening? Convince the family and society they leave behind it was worth it and make up a reward to show them. Hence... virgins and heaven.

Last edited:
Feel like in real life the element of surprise alone could be leveraged in favor of the CC citizen, which doesn't really work here cause both those dudes knew that they could get popped every time they opened the door to a new room.

On top of that, obv in real life you're going to have very minimal success coming at some trained dudes with nothing but a pistol against their superior numbers and better armament.

And just playing devils advocate here, is the idea of martyrdom that far off from all the soldiers and people around the world who chase glory in combat?

fundamentally, when fighting for ones beliefs, are you going to let anyone categorize your beliefs as "wrong"?  is there such a thing as right and wrong when talking about belief and faith?

If you're in an office setting couldn't you just take all the phone books you have there and duct tape them all around your vital organs and just storm out of there?

Phone books are typically heavy and duct tape is pretty strong, so it should protect you against bullets. I saw Omar survive an attack in prison so it must work.

If you're in an office setting couldn't you just take all the phone books you have there and duct tape them all around your vital organs and just storm out of there?

Phone books are typically heavy and duct tape is pretty strong, so it should protect you against bullets. I saw Omar survive an attack in prison so it must work.

depends. the old school yellow pages are hellla thick word to nikki minaj

but them new white pages are thinner than a cracked out hollywood actress

brb testing ballistics

View media item 1355521

i can confirm i was there and survived with this method

That's fascinating. That's a big negative for pro gun folks too. It's clearly not the answer, especially these wannabe Marines. Their confidence is frightening.

Honestly all I would need is a Suros Regime or a Thorn Handcannon and it's a wrap.

In all seriousness, just because a guy has a gun doesn't mean he can instantly save everyone if the situation came up. Also from reading what OP posted, it seems like the people that were armed weren't shooting from cover??? If you were in a gunfight isn't that one of the things you should look for? Idk just something I'm thinking from reading the article.

So, she got robbed and her car stolen but it's okay because she shot him? Not much of s deterrent if it doesn't work.

So, she got robbed and her car stolen but it's okay because she shot him? Not much of s deterrent if it doesn't work.

Guess you missed the part where one of her attackers was arrested and charged. Only a matter of time before they find the accomplice.

Isn't this thread title a little misleading?

Armed citizens stop bad guys all the time.
Maybe a little misleading.

but what's the ratio of times an armed citizen has stopped a bad guy to the number of times they failed horribly?

Isn't this thread title a little misleading?

Armed citizens stop bad guys all the time.
Of course it is. But it also refers to people as 'gun nuts' , poisoning the well. This was never about an honest debate.
Pshh.

Watch the video and read the article. The people who held the training exercise are gun nuts. 

"I died, but I did better than I expected"? That sounds rational to you?

All I want are honest debates. But that also requires you to be honest with yourself.

Last edited:
Yall got it wrong...

Ak-47

RDS

Sleight of hand pro

Stopping power pro 

Commando Pro

Claymores

Stun grenade

Javelin (just in case)

Last edited:
phone books would have probably saved them

only challenge is building the time machine to go back to 1995 and get the phonebooks 

Back
Top Bottom