Are you more comfortable hanging with one race over another?

MetalMario

formerly m4riol
I'm mexican but can be passed as white. Me and my bro were talking and out of nowhere he said I feels comfortable just being with black people because their the chillest. I totally agreed with him by saying I feel I can be myself and not hide anything.
we grew up in a low income city (don't want to say ghetto or hood) and always had hip-hop as an influence. I told him before that no matter what we do Rap will always be in our lives, Becuase he swears he hates rap now (metal listener), yet when I play Hate It Or Love It he gets juiced
grin.gif

Anyway we went on talking that with white people we feel like we have to impress them or be on my best behavior all the time even if their really good friends
I don't have to 'impress' when it comes to Asians but it seems when I'm trying to make new friends it feels like I'm applying to a club/frat hoping they'll accept me

Thoughts? I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, even if its just a little bit?

I'm mexican but can be passed as white. Me and my bro were talking and out of nowhere he said I feels comfortable just being with black people because their the chillest. I totally agreed with him by saying I feel I can be myself and not hide anything.
we grew up in a low income city (don't want to say ghetto or hood) and always had hip-hop as an influence. I told him before that no matter what we do Rap will always be in our lives, Becuase he swears he hates rap now (metal listener), yet when I play Hate It Or Love It he gets juiced
grin.gif

Anyway we went on talking that with white people we feel like we have to impress them or be on my best behavior all the time even if their really good friends
I don't have to 'impress' when it comes to Asians but it seems when I'm trying to make new friends it feels like I'm applying to a club/frat hoping they'll accept me

Thoughts? I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, even if its just a little bit?

I'm comfortable around everyone really. Black, white, Hispanic...etc.
I'm a chill dude though.

I'm comfortable around everyone really. Black, white, Hispanic...etc.
I'm a chill dude though.

Do your black friends point out your grammatical missteps?

And I'd imagine most people are more comfortable hanging with, if I may quote Shirley Sherrod, their "own kind". I certainly am.

Do your black friends point out your grammatical missteps?

And I'd imagine most people are more comfortable hanging with, if I may quote Shirley Sherrod, their "own kind". I certainly am.

Virulent past experiences, and the continuing pattern of what I encounter / see from certain groups make the disparity a rather large one. That doesn't rule out any chance of me becoming friendly with anyone of a certain group; some of my closest friends happen to be of said groups. If you're a good person, I'll gladly become acquaintances with you.

Virulent past experiences, and the continuing pattern of what I encounter / see from certain groups make the disparity a rather large one. That doesn't rule out any chance of me becoming friendly with anyone of a certain group; some of my closest friends happen to be of said groups. If you're a good person, I'll gladly become acquaintances with you.

Originally Posted by M4rioL

grin.gif

Oh, you mean racist? Why yes I do.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by M4rioL

grin.gif

Oh, you mean racist? Why yes I do.
pimp.gif

You should be most comfortable around people who "get" you, whether it be your closest friends or people within your race.

You should be most comfortable around people who "get" you, whether it be your closest friends or people within your race.

I mean, you're always going to feel more comfortable with your own race IMO. But I chill with everybody. If you coo then its all good.

Back
Top Bottom