Are Nike Retro/Sportswear REALLY not same performance-wise as OGs?

The funny thing is that if you go to a high school basketball game, you'll see II's, III's, XI's and V's on the regular.

I caught a bunch of the ESPNU games on Saturday and Monday and that's all I saw.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

The funny thing is that if you go to a high school basketball game, you'll see II's, III's, XI's and V's on the regular.

I caught a bunch of the ESPNU games on Saturday and Monday and that's all I saw.
this is why you gotta take da opinions of people that don't play sports like shoe collectors( not all but some) with a grain of salt....all da college D1 kids basically rock

everything that kids is rockin on da streets.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

this is why you gotta take da opinions of people that don't play sports like shoe collectors( not all but some) with a grain of salt....all da college D1 kids basically rock

everything that kids is rockin on da streets.

Originally Posted by swooshman23

Originally Posted by ninjahood

if da OG was of a higher price margin then i usually assume da retro will be good as far as quality.

Nope. Read 80% of the posts on this topic. Retro's are not made for performance, but a cheaper image of what was to rock for a casual statement. 
If I were to wear my 2010 Varsity Red VI's to work, my feet would be all kinds of messed up. Some kicks I won't even wear without some kind of Dr. Scholls insole. Sad, but true. Its the price we pay in current day sneaker culture. 

IMO the only Jordan retro worth hoopin in is the XIV. I can't believe people ball in the V's. They feel like Timbs to me

if da OG was of a higher price margin then i usually assume da retro will be good as far as quality.

Nope. Read 80% of the posts on this topic. Retro's are not made for performance, but a cheaper image of what was to rock for a casual statement. 
If I were to wear my 2010 Varsity Red VI's to work, my feet would be all kinds of messed up. Some kicks I won't even wear without some kind of Dr. Scholls insole. Sad, but true. Its the price we pay in current day sneaker culture. 

IMO the only Jordan retro worth hoopin in is the XIV. I can't believe people ball in the V's. They feel like Timbs to me

the funny thing is the retros have the same price and sometimes higher despite the inferior quality

the funny thing is the retros have the same price and sometimes higher despite the inferior quality

Originally Posted by Jimmy Blanco1983

I feel the exact same way about the V's, and was sort of shocked to see a player with Oak Hill with the red raging bulls on.

Originally Posted by Jimmy Blanco1983

I feel the exact same way about the V's, and was sort of shocked to see a player with Oak Hill with the red raging bulls on.

I always thought that this was some crazy talk that people would say just too differentiate on how because they were owners of the OGs back in the day that their sneakers were far superior to those which are manufactured today. Well, in all honesty, it's true. I myself was privileged enough to grow up in the era of the OGs, and my XI's from back in the day were much more comfy then the recent releases. That still wasn't enough for me to talk noise about the quality of retros until I bought some Air Trainer Max II's because I never had them when I was younger. Well recently a friend of mine who owns the retro as well got a hold of a DS pair from back in the day. He told me to try them on and when I did, I instantly felt the comfort of the forefoot air cushioning that wasn't included in the retro. Plus the overall quality of the shoe, the cut, the materials, all were above the quality of the retro. Over the years as Nike keeps wanting to make its shareholders happy, it continues to cut costs in terrible ways(quality of the shoe) and raise the price for a better profit margin. That's all what it's about, and until they find a way to still make the same profit margin without having to decrease the quality of the shoe, then they are going to keep throwing this crap at us consumers since they know regardless the demand will always be there.

I always thought that this was some crazy talk that people would say just too differentiate on how because they were owners of the OGs back in the day that their sneakers were far superior to those which are manufactured today. Well, in all honesty, it's true. I myself was privileged enough to grow up in the era of the OGs, and my XI's from back in the day were much more comfy then the recent releases. That still wasn't enough for me to talk noise about the quality of retros until I bought some Air Trainer Max II's because I never had them when I was younger. Well recently a friend of mine who owns the retro as well got a hold of a DS pair from back in the day. He told me to try them on and when I did, I instantly felt the comfort of the forefoot air cushioning that wasn't included in the retro. Plus the overall quality of the shoe, the cut, the materials, all were above the quality of the retro. Over the years as Nike keeps wanting to make its shareholders happy, it continues to cut costs in terrible ways(quality of the shoe) and raise the price for a better profit margin. That's all what it's about, and until they find a way to still make the same profit margin without having to decrease the quality of the shoe, then they are going to keep throwing this crap at us consumers since they know regardless the demand will always be there.

There is a similar post talking about jordan brand quality here that might help answer some of your questions. Personially I think overall shoe quality for ALL shoes in the world have gone down

There is a similar post talking about jordan brand quality here that might help answer some of your questions. Personially I think overall shoe quality for ALL shoes in the world have gone down

Come on guys, the Nike Sportswear (NSW) division (brown box) is strictly street apparel and shoes.  They are not putting performance and technology in a shoe for walking or flossin' in the streets.  If you want performance buy the products from the Innovation and Design divisions (orange box).  To update retros with newer technology, you will definitely pay a lot more than the OGs.

Come on guys, the Nike Sportswear (NSW) division (brown box) is strictly street apparel and shoes.  They are not putting performance and technology in a shoe for walking or flossin' in the streets.  If you want performance buy the products from the Innovation and Design divisions (orange box).  To update retros with newer technology, you will definitely pay a lot more than the OGs.

Originally Posted by Nupey09

No ones talking about updating anything. Their talking about having materials up to par with the originals. If you paying the same price as back then, and most the time it's even more, why wouldn't you want a shoe that meets the same standards? 

Originally Posted by Nupey09

No ones talking about updating anything. Their talking about having materials up to par with the originals. If you paying the same price as back then, and most the time it's even more, why wouldn't you want a shoe that meets the same standards? 

NBA/ D1 college players rock retros all da time...still don't see da problem.

First NBA players used to play in Converse All Stars. No one used to see the problem...

A 2011 Converse All Star is almost the same than 50 years ago.... Are Nike retros almost the same than (15-20 years ago) OGs...?

Just to remember you that was the question...

NBA/ D1 college players rock retros all da time...still don't see da problem.

First NBA players used to play in Converse All Stars. No one used to see the problem...

A 2011 Converse All Star is almost the same than 50 years ago.... Are Nike retros almost the same than (15-20 years ago) OGs...?

Just to remember you that was the question...

Back
Top Bottom