Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

Can Someone tell me if (ONLY SOMEONE WHO WAS A NIKETALK MEMBER IN 2007 OR WAS FIMILIAR WITH THE RECEPTION THE AQUAS GOT BACK THEN, no new people who dont know and will speculate)  back in 2007, were people complaining about the grey being so much darker and the midsole being a solid flat glossy purple and different from the OGs??? If so, that would be sooo funny, especially with how things are now. 

Dug this up to refresh the memory…

http://niketalk.com/t/253175/official-air-jordan-aqua-viii-9-22-post

Only 2 or 3 people even mentioned the grey/midsole within the first 5 pages :lol:. Most were concerned with the "matchy matchy" apparel or the sizing of the women's Aqua's :rofl:

People complain a lot more than they used to, even though they're less knowledgeable.

A lot of people seem to try to appear to be a quote and unquote sneakerhead, but being a know it all. Instead it just exposes what they don't know. Like how a lot of people like to compare current releases to a past retro.

People complain a lot more than they used to, even though they're less knowledgeable.

A lot of people seem to try to appear to be a quote and unquote sneakerhead, but being a know it all. Instead it just exposes what they don't know. Like how a lot of people like to compare current releases to a past retro.
yeah, I just find this all funny to be honest. Saw the same thing with the Bordeaux's. I hated the 2011 for their differences when they were first revealed back in 2011 just as a few others and was excited for the 2015 retro because it corrected a few mistakes from the last retro. Even before people found out how flimsy they were, many felt so disrespected because they didn't look like the 2011 pair. it's funny how the dynamic changes but in the end it works out better for the people who actually want the shoe since everyone is passing on the true retro.

I hope if JB ever corrects the Durabuck on the Infrareds and the Durabuck/Nubuck combo on the Charcoal 7 upper that we get the same reaction.

People complain a lot more than they used to
They're being made worse than they used to. 
happy.gif

Just left FinishLine
Some jack had the raffle confused
They aren't doing theirs til next week

Edit: For my little area

Last edited:
Been lurking NT since 2005 when I googled "Nike Air Force 1 release dates" for these

Back in 2007 people complained about the insole, gloss paint not having the glitter, V on the toe box where the tongue meets, the back panels n outsole pattern. People also had the same issues with the Playoffs but the main problem with those were the black pull tab (OG were red). Back then people respected the history of MJ n held the OGs in high regards. Nowadays people just worry about how limited the shoes are n not for what they represents.

As far as these 2015 Aquas....

JB CORRECTED the midsole, insole, back panels n outsole colors but people STILL complain!

These are what we all hoped for when JB announced they were coming back in 2007.... Just saying :\ :lol:

Seems to me that people hold the OGs in much higher regard now that the market is flooded with retroes that anyone can buy. Now adays The elitists come out of the woodwork every release of an OG colorway and trash the subtle color changes of previous releases as if simply because of the color change in the sole in 2011, you could never wear them in the place of the 2015s which had more "accurate" color blocking. But I get it though, reverence for the OG is a big thing for people but I wear my shoes, they aren't pieces of art it's not that I don't appreciate the history of the shoe or what MJ did for the game, but when it comes Down to it and theyre on my feet presence or lack of glitter doesn't change the fact that they're still the Aqua 8s. What I would wear with the OG would still be wearable for the 07 and for the 2015.

If we're talking about better materials, or longer lasting paint, or one being more comfortable than the other, that's a different story though. I'll gladly take the superior option in that regard.

Last edited:
View media item 1789368
The two don't even correlate...

My point is they are just complainers.

Ooooh, I def agree with you in that case.

People complain a lot more than they used to
They're being made worse than they used to. :D
Not only that a lot more people buy Jordan's, quality is weaker, and cost is up. So a lot is expected.

People do get rustled over small things however.

They're being made worse than they used to. :D
how do you figure that?

You mean to tell me this year's Aqua's, 1s, 4s, and 10s were made with worse quality then before? Have you seen any of these shoes in person? Quality this year squats on quality from 2006-14 based on paint, cushioning, and leather for many of the retros. Did you see the Chicago 10s from 2012? The crappy painted Aqua's from 2007 or the flimsy Chicago 1s from 2013? Or how about the crappy paint on 4s until this year. You all are bashing just for the sake of it.

While people do complain more than they used to, quality is going up although relativity slowly.

Last edited:
The Footlocker launch locator says this week but the guy at the store says next week :smh

Footaction says their doing it this week.

how do you figure that?

You mean to tell me this year's Aqua's, 1s, 4s, and 10s were made with worse quality then before? Have you seen any of these shoes in person? Quality this year squats on quality from 2006-14 based on paint, cushioning, and leather for many of the retros. Did you see the Chicago 10s from 2012? The crappy painted Aqua's from 2007 or the flimsy Chicago 1s from 2013? Or how about the crappy paint on 4s until this year. You all are bashing just for the sake of it.

While people do complain more than they used to, quality is going up although relativity slowly.

Let's just hop that JB keeps the remastered campaign thing going and it doesn't end like the "year of the [insert number] campaign did

Just left FinishLine
Some jack had the raffle confused
They aren't doing theirs til next week

Edit: For my little area

Damn I'm trying to see if Lenox champs is doing theirs this week or nah. I wanna know if they giving out guaranteed tixs like they did for the 7's

My ftl and fta's all are doing today and tomorrow. Fnl both said next week. 1 champs took my entry 1 said next week. Have to get on the horn or get out there too be sure wtf is going on. 1 local store got 150ish pairs from what I was told so idk how difficult these will be.

how do you figure that?

Retros from 1999-2005> Anything now.

Was calling around to see whose raffling around the way. A few employees voluntarily told me they got glitter and/or theyre ugly .
I said Idk about ugly, but without that glitter they wouldnt be a true OG retro.

I hope ppl do sleep, easier for me and mine. [emoji]127829[/emoji]

The Footlocker launch locator says this week but the guy at the store says next week :smh

Footaction says their doing it this week.
Makes me wanna double tap on my sneaker spots and make sure they're not doing it this week. If I go there next week and they tell me they did it THIS week I'm going to be 38!! haha

They look closer to the OG to me... judging off the actual pair in the pics he wore in the all star game... but who am I

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom