Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Yeah, if those are all real, I don't think I'd even need to jailbreak it.. only real thing is maybe tethering possibly but it's not a deal breaker, not worth the trade off of slowing the OS down.. maybe I'm trippin but when you go from jb to stock it's like
eek.gif
 so much smoother 
laugh.gif

Having swype come to iOS8 is huge for me, I miss that keyboard so much.. I think the 6 is a definite cop now with those iOS8 improvements and the 4.7 screen.. quick reply is also a major thing.. those two combined with everything else I liked about the iPhone and iOS I think I'm going to roll with Apple this time around.. has everything I need now.

Last edited:
just read that iOS 8 will have third party keyboard compatibility. swype was literally the only thing i missed about android, and now it will be on iphone. plus all the other features posted within the last few pages.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

cannot wait for september. new iphone and new carrier.
pimp.gif
i have the beta and using the predictive keyboard and swipe as we speak.... most of the features i have used... havent tried handoff because my mac is govt... issued and i dont add do anything as far as software/programs outside of what dod says ( i mean stuff like facebook etc... yea but other then that) I used flyover just the other day out of boredom and wanted to see what was going on in nyc.... dont have any products/devices to try homekit.

Ive tried the vine/voice text message mode it sends put i guess cause most ppl dont have ios 8 it doesnt work...well they dont receive it. I know the picture mode work cause i took pictures of my cat and took pictures of my girls etc... and it did place them in separate folders without me asking. The block/blacklist mode works i used that this morning cause i had someone scam/spam call me about some you could win 100 buck visa gift card if you....

The forecast on notification/lockscreen works... the recent contact mode which basically is when you double click home to see all your apps that are rrunning... above them in that small space are like these chat heads/pictures of your contacts that you can press and it will give you the option of facetime/sms/mms/email etc..

the pop up notification works well... it feels the same as jailbreak and ive gotten so use to it, it just seems normal..same with quick reply. Ive tried the new stuff with siri..... And i spoke out to update angry birds epic and it did infact install the latest version. The traffic does speak out via apple maps. The new camera features work...

As far as the shared icloud storage, guest mode, sharing apps/music...havent tried cause i have no one to try it with. Siri works hands free but you have to say like hello, siri or hi siri you have a option to turn it on and off so you not talking and siri pops up and start searching looking for stuff in settings. Only thing is it only works when you have the phone plugged up.... but it works and its pretty cool.... and works with other apps. I do like the fact that i can say something like play latest single from such and such artist and itunes radio will start up and play. That or i can have/hear a song playing and ask siri like hey whose that artist or what song is that... and siri will tell you song/artist/album release... and ask do you wanna go to itunes and d/l song/album.

The hotspot works and so does the tether but you do gotta pay/charge so i could see jailbreak just to have it free. I can also see jailbreak for 3G Unrestricted for certain apps that only work on wifi or only work on 3g/lte...

I havent tried wifi calling/texting ala like google voice etc... because im on sprint and it doesnt offer the service. I do like the new usage as it tells you how much ram and battery consumption certain apps etc use.. You can also edit control center meaning you can add/delete quick apps ala like you can add a button for camera, siri, power off, settings,flashlight etc...The desktop/mobile page mode kinda works its hard to tell cause some sites wont i guess allow you to view in desktop mode... Still dont have something like safari upload/download.

I like the fact there isnt a limit to the amount of files/pictures etc.. you can send at one time in mail/imessage. I havent tried iwidgets cause i havent seen any in the appstore probably cause ios 8 is still in beta stages.

The new wallpapers kinda suck. They still have that parallax screen with the motion now they have some lame white to grey to smoke to black transition screen with like some little dots coming down like rain. You can change viewpoint and perspective of a picture wallpaper.

The camera mode to which you can snap pictures as you record a video ala like shutter pics works.. The set timer mode works. The feature that keeps the picture steady even if you kinda shaky/moving the phone works. The apple whatever the name is called thats suppose to be like icleaner is meh... all it does is give you a report of what is slowing the phone down..and it shows problems/issues with the phone and gives you the option to report it to apple. It doesnt clean it or anything like icleaner does. Still doesnt have the option to respring/reboot or safemode.

Most of the features do work pretty well and are pretty close to the jailbreak versions they are "inspired" by. I still could see myself jailbreaking for things like free tether, flex 2 to tweak apps and get free upgraded services, 3G Unrestricted for obvious reasons. The ability to go into safemode, reboot/respring. icleaner. Things like that...but going stock isnt a bad experience as it does pretty much what most ppl wanted/need the phone to do. 

I'd probably still jb it even tho I said I wouldn't 
laugh.gif

Tether and blocking ads will be all I do it for cause I ******* hate ads.. I think one of the reasons my phone feels sluggish is I added useless tweaks and things that probably messes with performance.. like changing colors of the text on the status bar/keyboard little things I don't really need. 

Last edited:

I'd probably still jb it even tho I said I wouldn't 
laugh.gif

Tether and blocking ads will be all I do it for cause I ******* hate ads.. I think one of the reasons my phone feels sluggish is I added useless tweaks and things that probably messes with performance.. like changing colors of the text on the status bar/keyboard little things I don't really need. 
Oh yea it does have a block all ads in safari mode. I forgot that lol. Yea its in safari/general/browser settings... I have it on..to be honest cant say it worksdoesnt work cause i never really got pop ups to begin with. There is a mode you can change keyboards d/l new keyboards etc.. havent done it. I just use the stock option predictive keyboard and the swiftkey (aka swype) mode turned on. 

Oh yea it does have a block all ads in safari mode. I forgot that lol. Yea its in safari/general/browser settings... I have it on..to be honest cant say it worksdoesnt work cause i never really got pop ups to begin with. There is a mode you can change keyboards d/l new keyboards etc.. havent done it. I just use the stock option predictive keyboard and the swiftkey (aka swype) mode turned on. 

Im still on iOS 8 beta 2 , so is all these new features like callbar notifications and stuff on the new beta 3

Damn the 4????
Yo phone gotta be running on fumes :lol:
I remember I held onto my 3GS until the 5 came out
I swear I thought my phone was gonna explode if I did too many things at once on it :lol:

My big bro has a 4 and I have a 4S and they are both still pretty snappy. The battery life sucks (probably because we have the latest ios updates for both) but beyond that its all good . We both use a 5 for work and we can tell the difference in speed...between the two but it's wasn't enough of a jump to make our 4 and 4S unbearable

With that said, I won't dare upgrade to ios 8 when it drops :lol: . I'm sure that'll turn my 4S into a moto razr.

Damn the 4????
I swear I thought my phone was gonna explode if I did too many things at once on it :lol:

My big bro has a 4 and I have a 4S and they are both still pretty snappy. The battery life sucks (probably because we have the latest ios updates for both) but beyond that its all good . We both use a 5 for work and we can tell the difference in speed...between the two but it's wasn't enough of a jump to make our 4 and 4S unbearable

With that said, I won't dare upgrade to ios 8 when it drops :lol: . I'm sure that'll turn my 4S into a moto razr.
I have a 5 and I'm still on iOS 6 :lol:
My battery life is complete trash
Will it improve if I make the leap to 7??? :nerd:

Damn the 4????

it's not so bad :lol:
the battery life is horrible, but besides that I can't complain
my little brother has a 5S and I know my 4 is begging for retirement :lol:

Oh yea the way the new imessage works is like such. Right above the keyboard is a bar that has the suggested words..(predictive text) If you want to send a quick voice message in imessage you press and hold the mic button (just tapping it goes to siri to which it just records and dictate what you said into words) It like double beeps and the little siri wave length part shows up and it records what you say.

When you let go of the button the voice message shows up in imessage in a bubble like a text would but instead of words it shows a play button with like this wavelength type graphic. When the person press the chat bubble your recorded message plays and you have the option to delete/save.

The video mode is like if you press the camera..it gives you the take photo/choose existing photo/video.. if you hold it it goes into camera mode and records like 10 seconds or so, then it goes back to imessage, and in a chat bubble it shows like a still picture with a play button on it. You press it and it goes into video mode and plays the quick/vine like video.It doesnt like jump into the separate camera app It has like a transparent half circle on the side of the screen with the red record video button as well as all the options like the camera app would.. It is like how a prize wheel looks like. 

The block call aka iblacklist isnt exactly like blacklist.. it does offer the option to block a call ie call/text/facetime. It doesnt compile a list like iblacklist does. And if you want to unblock change options you have to go to your call history press that i (info button) and then the contact screen shows then you go to the bottom of the screen and you can change the options to unblock, unblock text/facetime/sms/mms/emails... 

I havent even tried the Health mode where it can keep up with calories, heart rate, monitor steps, etc.... i do know it has some sort of settings to sync with the iwatch...matter of fact there are alot of settings that kinda suggest they sync or work with an iwatch but obviously i havent tried them or no what they do.

I do wish they had the split screen/video pane ala like android..(it does it but only on ipads) maybe it might be available for the 5.5 iPhone who knows. 

The predictive keyboard is sweet in that it i guess can tell based on the conversation like if you are chatting with a friend and they tell a joke the predictive text will pop up with lol. Or iuno like if someone send you a text like hey so do you wanna hang later tonight, predictive will show like yes/sure/ok/no/sounds fun/im busy etc... which saves alot of time typing. Hell you could be talking about like lets say video games in a text/chat.. and if you go to the letter p. it will give the suggestion of ps4 etc..

I mean it is pretty cool and i use it like second nature. Especially in safari when you dont remember a site url etc.. The group text is cool in that you can text and it will show the different ppl via their avatar and you can see who said what. It also has an option to send a private text to just a certain person in case you dont want the entire group to see your message. You also can leave the group chat and they will still be able to chat talk and you can see.view what is said unless they private chat and close you out from seeing it. 

The ibeacon mode which basically knows/alerts you of some of your favorites places/stores/restaurants etc, while your on the go (basically a pop up will show your such and such near a subway,starbucks etc,..) it crashed sometimes and/or the phone shuts off and reboots. Im sure theyll fix that as i think itll be cool especially traveling somewhere unknown and your like damn i sure was hungry glad to know mckie dees is a block away.

Oh and the ability to hide/block certain messages/contacts i guess will be clutch for them dudes that might have a chick on the side and a main girl who be trying to snoop/see who you been calling/texting and/or what you said or video/pic you might have sent..or do you have such and such number in your phone. or did you call such and such. 

Oh i really didnt think about this but the photos also separate in terms of albums also according to panorama, video, pictures... and if you press the heart button it becomes a fav and it will be available via icloud drive and be accessible on all your i devices. same with videos/songs. I mean you can still see them have access to them if you go to icloud, but with fav it is physically on the device and under photos/videos. or music etc. It also has editing features like lighting, b/w, sephia etc... auto focus/magic which is like cleaning up the pic... basically what camera+ does. 

Oh ya whats cool about quick reply is that it is integrated with facebook etc.. instagram. So when quick reply pops up, It shows the person/message etc.. as well as via twitter, via imessage, via whatsapp etc... so you know exactly where they are sending the message from, you also can just obviously jump into full mode of those apps.

I also like spotlight siri pretty much global search.. like if you type godzilla it will show all the versions as well as a rotten tomato review and show theaters near you with movie times. Same witth like a restuarant, itll show whatever reviews it got and location/phone #, address etc.. If you type iuno lil wayne itll show latest album reviews etc. as well as itunes to d/l a link to wiki to see his bio etc. Same if you asked siri/use spotlight about a athlete, so on and so forth. 

Tbh as small as it sounds my fav is group conversation... Oh to many times ive been texting multiple ppl at once jumping back and forth between contacts trying to relay messages etc.. or forwarding a message/pic. Now we all can chat/talk at the same time on one screen and see what we all are saying.

I dont well its a personal reason lol... dont look forward to the ability to hide/mask conversations/emails/contacts/phone call records. I got to girls, and id hate asking them like hey i know you was talking/chatting with that boy. Or do you have his number..did he send you such and such type of pick...and them having the ability to hide it from me. (surely/hopefully apple/cellphone carriers is gonna have a parental override mode for this.

I hope ibeacon works...seeing sometimes even tho im military reservist.. i still have to travel at times and it would be nice to be out and about and have a pop up like hey your near a starbucks... or hey pizza hut is available to delivery from where you are..Hey footlocker is just right up the street. 

I do like quick reply in that when someone sends me a message i can see how/where the message is... like if its a friend and there texting me, or emailing me, or posted something via twitter/facebook. That and its all integrated with imessage. That way i dont have to jump into w/e app they sent the message from i have to open it up and etc.. go thru the app just to respond. I dont like having to go into and open like instagram just to show a like.. a simply just press heart while im still doing w/e im doing ala playing a game, watching a video etc. 

All these OS updates are basically just Apple trying to catch up to the jailbreak :lol:  

I ain't eem mad at that doe.

As I've gotten older, I've realized, I don't feel like going through the hassle of jailbreaking and dealing with springboard crashes, and everything else that comes along with it.

Jailbreaking was great, but my attention span to running around cydia and finding new jailbreaks and repo's has sort of died out.

If iOS8 is just as good as an already jailbroken device, then Apple has finally answered all my wants and needs :smokin

Im still on iOS 8 beta 2 , so is all these new features like callbar notifications and stuff on the new beta 3
yea.. the callbar like thing iuno if its suppose to be like this or not but all it does is like a drop down letting you know someone is calling... it doesnt have all the options like the dial etc... like i said iuno because if its a beta etc... As far as predictive keyboard i think you turn that on in general/keyboard on/off... swype you d/l from app store and it then is integrated into the keyboard.

I havent tried or desired to try the different types of keyboards like colors etc... im not really into all the oh it gotta look a certain way etc... And i havent tried or d/l any widgets, i mean weather, rss feeds etc, calenders is pretty much all i use/need..and news reports. I havent really looked at that heart/health app.. But yea some of the updates are beta 3. I know the flyover traffic mode has added more cities outside of nyc/la etc..paris. That hello siri its starting to work better..although i think it probably works well i just think my voice etc... sometimes siri just doesnt get me/register. 

Some of the others work/dont work like they will then out of the blue wont or crash...like just now notification quick replay had one of my friends post on facebook and the phone just froze when i tried to respond in imessage. But again thats the bugs etc.. or beta. And it hasnt happen often but the notification screen/lockscreen when you can edit/erase/reply/mark as read sometimes does nothing. Or it just auto mark as read. But this only has happened like iuno maybe 3 or 4 times in like the week ive been using it. 

I still cant get that video/vine mode or the voice message to work. But i know why its because the other party has to have ios 8. I sent a voice message to my old lady and she said all it did was show an empty bubble. I tried the vine type video and she said it just shows up as a still pic. Again i think its just she is on a 4S and on ios iuno i guess 7.

Same with group text, ive tried it and i can see their texts, but they cant see each others. Like its weird i have to text them separate, but what i sent my old lady and my oldest daughter show up on the one text message screen on my end. I know this isnt some type of bug, but the fact they dont have ios 8. 

Its hard to describe like in my text box theres the picture contact and the message both of them sent to me, when i respond i have to go to contacts and respond to them separately, But then the response they send me all show up on the same imessage screen for me. 

Last edited:
Ugh, I STILL HAVE TO JB because of MovieBox (love this thing), that'll be the only reason! I don't want any lagging though! I'm really thinking about just keepimg my iphone 5 JB and buy the new iphone 6 and don't jail break it.

Ugh, I STILL HAVE TO JB because of MovieBox (love this thing), that'll be the only reason! I don't want any lagging though! I'm really thinking about just keepimg my iphone 5 JB and buy the new iphone 6 and don't jail break it.
I am serious about the JB life also and I use to have lagging problems you just have to find the tweaks causing it. For me it was Bite SMS I took that and my phone has been real smooth now. I stopped going tweak crazy like older iphones that causes less issues with the JB

Nope...don't watch it that closely, but I do collect high end watches so I know sapphire is not a cheap mineral. Replacing the sapphire crystal on a watch can run you anywhere from $100 and up for something that is literally a couple centimeters

The small pieces they use for the camera and the fingerprint scanner are pennies compared to what would be required for the screen, but seeing as it's an overlay coupled with glass I can see how they can make it work and keep the price the same.

Apple needs to team up with Dark Sky, Yahoo, or The Weather Channel to add more features to the native weather app.

Apple needs to team up with Dark Sky, Yahoo, or The Weather Channel to add more features to the native weather app.
Funny you said that they actually have... i never mentioned it cause it just didnt seem like a big deal... but they have hooked up with the weather channel..

Back
Top Bottom