• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
I'm on the grandfathered unlimited plan,

What's the catch with the new one? Is there some fine print in their that says they can see my nudes? Asking for a friend.

:lol:

I'm on the grandfathered unlimited too. I feel like there's gotta be a catch to this new one. someone enlighten us. it may actually be worth making the switch

I'll probably go into a store this weekend and talk to someone again about the new unlimited plan.

It's difficult to just give up my coveted grandfathered plan.... I feel like it's a ploy to get people with the old unlimited plan to switch over, and there's fine print that they can screw us over because of it in the future.

I don't get it. 69 per phone a month is $138. You say your saving $100 a month but I'm seeing $138 vs $140? Even $69 vs $140 isn't saving $100. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

I'm skeptical to move from grandfathered unlimited plan.
On the old plan I had three lines. My phone had the unlimited so my portion alone was around 140 per month. But the total for all three lines was always over 300. The other two didn't have unlimited so they got charged a couple of times per month each when they went over data. So their bills were averaging about 100 a month after said overages. Now it's an equal payment of around 69 bucks for each phone. I definitely tried looking for the negatives. I asked a bunch of questions but couldn't find any so I pulled the trigger.

I understand the skepticism about leaving the grandfathered unlimited ATT plans but we're in new times now. Everything is pretty transparent. Can't remember the price y'all pay but it might actually be beneficial to switch. And like others have mentioned you get hotspot. I just hope they don't try no funny business with my FAN discount.

Yup. That's why I had switched when they were doing the double your data at the time. Couldn't even use my phone

Almost no reason to stay on Grandfathered AT&T Unlimited. New plans are less expensive, let you use the hotspot feature, allow you to text international for free, international day pass feature for when you travel, and free roaming in Mexico and Canada. Much more for the same price, or often less.

View media item 2362551
Unlimited but at 3Mbps til you hit 22GB of data on a shared plan than they cut you to 1.5GB.

Bout to talk to the wife about it and see wassup. Not really a bad deal imo. I've been thinking about it anyway since I'm always on wifi at home and work.

Last edited:
As an AT&T unlimited member who constantly goes over 22GB a month in data I can tell you that your speeds will drop far below 1.5 gbps. If you live in a congested area like LA or NYC don't even try to use data once you go over 22GB. I live in Temecula and it gets so slow that I can't even refresh Twitter, IG, Snap, etc. Will also constantly drop you down to 4G from LTE. 

View media item 2362551
Unlimited but at 3Mbps til you hit 22GB of data on a shared plan than they cut you to 1.5GB.

Bout to talk to the wife about it and see wassup. Not really a bad deal imo. I've been thinking about it anyway since I'm always on wifi at home and work.
There's also a higher tier plan with faster speeds.

I think I'm going to switch to the new unlimited plan over the weekend. I'll be saving like $20 a month, and my wife and son will go from 3gb a month to unlimited. They're both happy about that.

I think this has happened since iOS10. When I used to plug my headphones in (iphone 6S if that matters) it would pop up with the last thing I was listening to - music or a podcast etc. Now it doesn't - so you have to unlock the phone and go to that app to start it again. Anyone know a way to get that back to how it used to be?

Almost no reason to stay on Grandfathered AT&T Unlimited. New plans are less expensive, let you use the hotspot feature, allow you to text international for free, international day pass feature for when you travel, and free roaming in Mexico and Canada. Much more for the same price, or often less.

I need a chart to compared the grand fathered unlimited plan and the new unlimited plans. I'm at a 107gb for this period

Last edited:
Free international texting that's a huge plus. I didn't notice that.

These international benefits are nice.

ATT throttles the grandfathered plan too, not sure what there is to discuss about that. I know I was getting throttled all the time.

Free international texting that's a huge plus. I didn't notice that.
These international benefits are nice.

ATT throttles the grandfathered plan too, not sure what there is to discuss about that. I know I was getting throttled all the time.

I haven't notice any throttling and im at 107 gb, I did notice some throttling when I had my NOTE 3 but none now that I have an Iphone. I use my data mostly streaming music.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude is surfing the internet way too much on government time.

:lol: :lol: son running home internet.

But idk what plan you're on cause I was getting throttled soon as I hit the 22GB. I actually think it was less then they upped it to 22GB after awhile.

There's also a higher tier plan with faster speeds.

I think I'm going to switch to the new unlimited plan over the weekend. I'll be saving like $20 a month, and my wife and son will go from 3gb a month to unlimited. They're both happy about that.
Correct. I'm paying for the higher tier speed and I'm still saving a bunch.

Need someone with some faxs on the unlimited plans.

Get rid of your unlimited plan to get another unlimited plan?

Wait wait wait. 107GB's fam? You running a PlayStation off your phone or something?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dude is surfing the internet way too much on government time.

:lol: :lol: son running home internet.

But idk what plan you're on cause I was getting throttled soon as I hit the 22GB. I actually think it was less then they upped it to 22GB after awhile.
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom