Apple, Google, HTC, Sony, RIM...Fall Back!

nokia is supposed to be where it's at for phones...i don't like the keyboard though, looks like there's not enough keys.

Originally Posted by sauuceking

Pass, I'll stick with my iPhone. Nokia really needs to update their GUI as someone mentioned, how the hell are they still gonna use the same wifi and battery bar that I had on my old Nokia 9000 from like 3 years ago? I mean, the OS jus looks so outdated on the hardware.

Symbian is never outdated.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by 510Ballin

iphone > any phone on the market.

WRONG. Even the N95 and N96 are better than the iPhone.

laugh.gif
I can't say about he N96, but I used the N95 and its horrible, it was extremely slow. Sure its got a nice camera, copy/paste, etc, but in the end userexperience on the iPhone > N95 and that's from someone that owns both phones.

Originally Posted by sauuceking

Pass, I'll stick with my iPhone. Nokia really needs to update their GUI as someone mentioned, how the hell are they still gonna use the same wifi and battery bar that I had on my old Nokia 9000 from like 3 years ago? I mean, the OS jus looks so outdated on the hardware.

Symbian is never outdated.

*reads sig* I see...

Originally Posted by Late80s

^money bet if that phone ever makes it to the states theyre gonna dead half of those things.

The N91-N96 made it to the States and kept all its functions.

The downloadable content might not be fully supported...but the hardware is going to remain intact.

It is coming stateside and the 32 Gig HD will be there....along with the 5 MP camera and social networking capabilities.

The North American N95 was actually an improvement on the European version and the N96 is in Best Buy right now with the same hardware as the Internationalversion.

Nothing is going to change hardware wise.

This phone is supposed to be their first phone in years with true American support, so hopefully all of the online features and an AT&T subscription comewith it....but the hardware will def be here.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

The downloadable content might not be fully supported...but the hardware is going to remain intact.

It is coming stateside and the 32 Gig HD will be there....along with the 5 MP camera and social networking capabilities.

The North American N95 was actually an improvement on the European version and the N96 is in Best Buy right now with the same hardware as the International version.

Nothing is going to change hardware wise.

This phone is supposed to be their first phone in years with true American support, so hopefully all of the online features and an AT&T subscription come with it....but the hardware will def be here.

Money bet that if this phone were to go to a network, it'd be T-Mobile. Nokia favors T-Mobile while Sony Ericsson favors AT&T.
LG favors Verizon and Samsung favors Sprint.

Nah bruh...they sell unlocked N95 8Gigs in AT&T stores and their broadband frequencies on the N96 and now the N97 are strictly AT&T.

Its not even going to be compatible with T-mobile wireless web unlocked.

I see Nokia is trying the video conferencing thing again, Its a good look if this phone really jumps off but kinda pointless if you don't a lot of peoplewith a phone that has that capability. That in-browser flash feature is dope.

Great specs, but it looks so bulky...

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about slide out keyboards...

Nokia's are awesome. The call quality and reception on them are bar none from my experience with their highend models in 04,05, and 06. I have an iPhone1st gen atm and if this is better then I'd make the switch. But their OS does need to get better if possible. I just don't know why Americans don'tlike Nokia overall. Nokia is the most popular brand in Europe. It might be the case that Europeans stay away from flip phones, and Americans were obsessed withthem. The other problem is that American carriers have never picked up the higher end N models. So people never got exposed to them.

But Nokia makes solid phones, it's just I wish that they would switch to a better OS, Android would be a great option.

for those complaining about the OS... Nokia just acquired Symbian limited. all thier employees will be nokia employee by feb 09, Completely new symbianplatform will release by june 2010. more chages on 2009 too.

free high end phone in UK FTW!

Originally Posted by schen415

yeah but its going to be around $700.

laugh.gif
Yeah, right. More like $1000...
grin.gif
From Edgadget:
The N97 will launch with a retail price set at around €550 ($693) excluding subsidies and taxes, phone to ship in H1 2009.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Uhhh...Ummm....Well...Damn...
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

***HULU STREAMING ON YOUR CELL***
I can do that now.

But them other features sound like game-changers tho...

You stream Hulu on your mogul?!?!?!?!!? (don't know if you upgraded to the TP)

Back
Top Bottom