Apple Brings a Knife To The AT&T vs. Verizon Gun Fight

i don't think this ad is targeted at verizon. if anything, it is merely showing the practical use of an iphone.

I thought Verizon really killed them with the iPhone in the "land of unwanted Christmas toys" commercial when the ad pops up when they ask why theiPhone is there and then the map pops up. I was really at home with the *insert gif of chubby black dude at some kind of award show going "OOOOOOOO"*face on

And actually, Verizon does have phones that can do that since they have the HTC Winmo phones.

And At&t reception sucks. You can't even get reception here inside a brick building. Dudes literally have to walk outside and go stand in the doorway,and damn trying to get reception in a basement or garage too.

On Sprint 3g while wifirouting, I've literally hit speeds of 140k/s and that's only in Lawton which is still 3g. They got 4g up already in some citieslike Atlanta and a few throughout Texas

SMH at Apple. They got tons to say at Microsoft but I guess when the company you dissing is not an easy target it is a little harder.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I thought Verizon really killed them with the iPhone in the "land of unwanted Christmas toys" commercial when the ad pops up when they ask why the iPhone is there and then the map pops up. I was really at home with the *insert gif of chubby black dude at some kind of award show going "OOOOOOOO"* face on

And actually, Verizon does have phones that can do that since they have the HTC Winmo phones.

And At&t reception sucks. You can't even get reception here inside a brick building. Dudes literally have to walk outside and go stand in the doorway, and damn trying to get reception in a basement or garage too.

On Sprint 3g while wifirouting, I've literally hit speeds of 140k/s and that's only in Lawton which is still 3g. They got 4g up already in some cities like Atlanta and a few throughout Texas
No they don't.
grin.gif

Verizon has the HTC TP 2 don't they? I can be on the internet and a call simultaneously, or open another task while on a call and look up something. UnlessVerizon disabled the ability to do that on their networks

Verizon has the HTC TP 2 don't they? I can be on the internet and a call simultaneously, or open another task while on a call and look up something. Unless Verizon disabled the ability to do that on their networks
Yep. Can't do voice and data simultaneously on Verizon due to their CDMA network, hence why the commercial asked if the phone AND network cando that.

Verizon has the HTC TP 2 don't they? I can be on the internet and a call simultaneously, or open another task while on a call and look up something. Unless Verizon disabled the ability to do that on their networks

i'm pretty sure you can't use data while talking with verizon no matter what kinda phone you got.

Originally Posted by BlazeKicks

they're completely unaware that the iphone can't multitask with anything else.
laugh.gif

word
laugh.gif

and for da record, sidekick 09 can do that too
pimp.gif

All this, and i have a question...........Who REALLY uses all these apps that much on a daily basis to base your phone carrier choice off of it???

I have the G1 and there are literally hundreds of apps that are PROBABLY useful to me, but i just dont use them.

Most of the time if i look for something to eat, i just look on google by my zip code and it pulls up everything i actually need.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

att's coverage in my area is great so F verizon.

QFT
People tripping trying to compare AT&T's network to Verizon is all about size... I live in a major city, what do I care if my network isn't hugebut is very fast.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

QFT
People tripping trying to compare AT&T's network to Verizon is all about size... I live in a major city, what do I care if my network isn't huge but is very fast.
Assuming you ever leave that city, you'll have that "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" face.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

QFT
People tripping trying to compare AT&T's network to Verizon is all about size... I live in a major city, what do I care if my network isn't huge but is very fast.
Assuming you ever leave that city, you'll have that "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" face.

Seeing as I plan to only be living in major urban areas, I doubt that will ever happen. All I'm saying is the people saying AT&T service sucks must notlive in major urban markets.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Posting for later.

Verizon has the best coverage in the nation. Fact.
Verizon is def stepping it up in the phone department. This is clearly an attempt by Apple to get back at Verizon after iPhone negotiations failed miserably in 07.
What are you backing up your claims with beside the word "Fact"? Now I have no problems with VZW and think they do have great service,but check the link Sprint's 3G networkdelivered a solid connection in 90.5 percent of our 13-city tests.

Not trying to disprove your point, but it really boils down to location and usage VS price. If I'm the type of person who never leaves my San Diego area,then I might just go for the cheaper cell phone service (Cricket Wireless for us). Why should I care about the "Best Nationwide coverage" if I'mnot constantly moving around the nation? BTW, I've spoken to people who have had problems with every carrier so I really think it is a location thing.

AT&T knows that cell phones attract customers moreso than having the "Best Nationwide coverage" and that's all VZW has had to offer really upuntil recently.

The main point I want to drive home is, why do people feel the need to defend their cell phone company/favorite brand? You guys are acting like stockholders.Every network has its ups and downs as well as better coverage in certain locations. So if my iPhone on AT&T has great coverage in my location and I'msatisfied, why would I care about who has the "Best coverage"? (BTW I don't have an iPhone and I'm not on AT&T)

Originally Posted by AirJus23

Not trying to disprove your point, but it really boils down to location and usage VS price. If I'm the type of person who never leaves my San Diego area, then I might just go for the cheaper cell phone service (Cricket Wireless for us). Why should I care about the "Best Nationwide coverage" if I'm not constantly moving around the nation?
eek.gif

Those commercials were weak. Verizon commercials have me dying. Whether the iphone is >>> then whatever or not, either way the verizon commercialskill apple and At&t's commercials.

I think AT&T needs to just man up and hand the iPhone over to Verizon.

They would at least know what to do with it. AT&T is so +!%#!%.

you people dont get it, theyre going at verizon because they cant support voice and data simultaneously. which is why the iphone will never go to a cdmacarrier.

I'm so glad this is finally happening...

No matter who you're with, the customer (in most cases) ends up winning when it's all said and done.

Sidenote - I'm gonna do a report on these commercials for my New Media Communications class. It's a guaranteed A.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom