Apple Brings a Knife To The AT&T vs. Verizon Gun Fight

Originally Posted by Late80s

you people dont get it, theyre going at verizon because they cant support voice and data simultaneously. which is why the iphone will never go to a cdma carrier.
We got a winner here! VZW lost their chance, now they gotta wait until CDMA networks get phased out and replaced with LTE. Why would Apple want tobuild a phone toward a networking technology that's on its way out? Two years ago? Ok, since most people are on 2-year subscriptions, but with LTE aroundthe corner (but could be as late as 2011 *cue nelson "HA-HA"*), you can bet Apple is a smart enough company not to build a CDMA phone.

you people dont get it, theyre going at verizon because they cant support voice and data simultaneously. which is why the iphone will never go to a cdma carrier.
laugh.gif
Come on.. is it really this big of a deal to be able totalk and use data at the SAME TIME?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

laugh.gif
Come on.. is it really this big of a deal to be able to talk and use data at the SAME TIME?
eyes.gif
it is to me. i talk on the phone and twitter. i use the gps in the car while i talk on the phone via bluetooth. thats why at&t is the biggestbusiness carrier. t

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Posting for later.

Verizon has the best coverage in the nation. Fact.
Verizon is def stepping it up in the phone department. This is clearly an attempt by Apple to get back at Verizon after iPhone negotiations failed miserably in 07.
Verizon doesnt have the #1 wanted phone in the country. Fact.
Sales for the droid will fall after a while, while the iphones sales will still rise. Fact.
Once apple releases another iphone, verizon customers will once again ask "when will the iphone come to verizon?". Fact.

all in all, AT&T hit the jackpot when they got the iphone, and verizon screwed up in the long run. Nobody cares if they have the most coverage, because tobe honest, AT&T's coverage isnt even that bad. Who cares if i dont have service in some crop field in south Dakota... I WILL NEVER GO THERE.

i have nothing against verizon, but its definitely not that much better than AT&T.

oh, and if apple wanted to dispose of Verizon on their ether tip, they'd just get:

mac_qjpreviewth.jpg

to do the job.

People are WAY to obsessed with phones. as long as the call quality is good !*+! the !%$%+*!#.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Posting for later.

Verizon is def stepping it up in the phone department. This is clearly an attempt by Apple to get back at Verizon after iPhone negotiations failed miserably in 07.
Verizon doesnt have the #1 wanted phone in the country. Fact.
Sales for the droid will fall after a while, while the iphones sales will still rise. Fact.
Once apple releases another iphone, verizon customers will once again ask "when will the iphone come to verizon?". Fact.

all in all, AT&T hit the jackpot when they got the iphone, and verizon screwed up in the long run. Nobody cares if they have the most coverage, because to be honest, AT&T's coverage isnt even that bad. Who cares if i dont have service in some crop field in south Dakota... I WILL NEVER GO THERE.

i have nothing against verizon, but its definitely not that much better than AT&T.

oh, and if apple wanted to dispose of Verizon on their ether tip, they'd just get:

mac_qjpreviewth.jpg

to do the job.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by BlazeKicks

they're completely unaware that the iphone can't multitask with anything else.
laugh.gif
word
laugh.gif

and for da record, sidekick 09 can do that too
pimp.gif

Game, set, match.

I await your excuses...

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

I think AT&T needs to just man up and hand the iPhone over to Verizon.
One of the dumbest comments in this thread thus far. You've must of reply in the wrong thread.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

I think AT&T needs to just man up and hand the iPhone over to Verizon.
One of the dumbest comments in this thread thus far. You've must of reply in the wrong thread.
chick is dumb as rocks.

I use data and talk on the iphone at the same time ALL the time. It really helps when you're on a convo and you need to check something out withoutclicking.

AirJus23 and hella handsome are spittin some real rap in here.

You dudes are acting like you work for these companies. My AT&T coverage is pretty good where i'm at. Maybe if i'm riding through the tunnel on atrain or if i'm surrounded by trees in the bottom of a basmenet I won't get good coverage...but I'm hardly ever there.

Most of you brothas must live in an area where the population is 100 or something

On another note...
Is it just me or has Luke Wilson been hitting the buffet tables kinda hard?

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

AirJus23 and hella handsome are spittin some real rap in here.

You dudes are acting like you work for these companies. My AT&T coverage is pretty good where i'm at. Maybe if i'm riding through the tunnel on a train or if i'm surrounded by trees in the bottom of a basmenet I won't get good coverage...but I'm hardly ever there.

Most of you brothas must live in an area where the population is 100 or something
Thank you!
roll.gif

I'm glad to see that there are rational thinkers out there. Thing is, the people in here making blank claims like "iPhone>>>" or"VZW has the best coverage" have every right to believe so, but they shouldn't use that as an argument to defend some company they probably haveno stake in. I wouldn't even defend the company I work for as hard as half of these dudes are. In fact, what are they really arguing for? Because itdoesn't even seem like they care to try and persuade each other to sign off on their way of thinking.

Overall though, it's this type of thinking that's actually detrimental to the consumer. Blindly following a company and not focusing on what's bestfor yourself (i.e. buying a smart phone even if you don't use its multimedia functions very much or buying into VZW's best coverage network for ahigher price even if you stay in your metropolitan area) is allowing these companies to adjust prices accordingly aka bad for the consumer. Then again, I'mpreaching to some people here who are 10 years younger than I am, but I'm trying to drop some knowledge.

Posting for later.

Not fact verizon has the most coverage, not the best coverage. I have both iphone personal phone/bb business. And when i hit the cities myiphone recieves better coverage and faster internet. When im in the suburbs, outta the metro areas(which i rarely am) my bb is def better.

like chicago=att, springfield, niles battle creek=verizon. or atl=att, douglasville, covington, etc=verizon

They should have put a comparable (top of the line, I guess) Verizon phone next to it and compared the two. For all I know, Verizon may very well havea phone that can do all that stuff, too.

Iheartboost,

Unless iphones can multitask w/ out bein jailbroken they'll always b pissy poor for

Anythin other then apps, and just wait till remote carrier preferences set in...no more jailbroken iphones
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

They should have put a comparable (top of the line, I guess) Verizon phone next to it and compared the two. For all I know, Verizon may very well have a phone that can do all that stuff, too.
They don't, because Verizon can't. The network won't allow both streams to work simultaneously.

I've never dropped a call on my iphone and it's consistently in 3G except in a remote section of Brooklyn named Lafayette Gardens.
laugh.gif

Sometimes I do wonder where y'all live where you can't get 3G and drop calls.

So wait does this mean the iPhone isn't coming to Verizon in the 3rd quarter of next year? I need to know so I can get that Droid ASAP and work on huntingdown a compatible syncing program for my macs.
indifferent.gif
I'm standing by my Verizon phone number for now.

Back
Top Bottom