Apparently, they are trying to start an All-White Basketball League in Georgia

Black people have their own channel on cable television (which is a joke), come on. As far as the white league goes I would have to say that I'm not a fanbut I'm a fan of a fundamental basketball league. I really am tired of the streetball, their has to be a reason why the United States didn't win thegold in 2004 or FIBA in 2006 or barely won it in 2008, those teams had absolutely no chemistry. Countries like Spain, Argentina, Greece (whose national sportis not even basketball & whose national population is no where near the United States) were schooling us. These countries barely had a star on their teamand they won with simple fundamentals and teamwork.

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Being the majority is what makes it different
That was the wrong thing to say.
Why because people don't want to hear the truth? That's exactly what makes this different from, say, an "all Chinese" league... the fact that Chinese people, or any other group besides whites, don't have a centuries-long history of genocide, enslavement and exploitation of non-white groups of people in this country.

On another note,
laugh.gif
at some of the jokes in this thread.
It's the wrong thing to say because of the implication that by being a minority, you have special privileges that shouldn't be accessible to the majority, which is not the case. An all white league would be just as bad as an all Black league or an all Asian basketball league. We shouldn't have tolerance for any organization that prohibits membership or participation based on race.

People are quick to point out HBCU's but I see that as a preservation of history and culture while allowing folks of different ethnicity the opportunity to join as well- it's completely different.
If you classify the ability of people of color to form their own sports leagues as a "special privilege," how do you classify the fact that, in 2010, employers are more likely to hire white ex-offenders than black folks with no criminal background?

In the face of this type of discrimination, it seems fairly inconsequential that black folks might be able to start an all-black basketball league.

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

im sure if there was an "all black league" everyone would be ok with it....just another example of double standards with the race card......this is the bigger problem...more so than racism....
roll.gif
You apparently have absolutely no concept of how the world works.

I think you might be missing my argument.

First off, we need a source for the quote in red.

Secondly, even IF that holds true, it doesn't justify the creation of an all white or an all black league. There's absolutely no sense in fightingdiscrimination with more discrimination. Starting an all Black League or an all Asian League in spite of White America's alleged workplace discriminationdoes nothing but segregate people even more.

So back to the original original statement, being the majority doesn't make the all white league any worse than it already is and being a minoritydoesn't give you the right to discriminate against other races either. It's all wrong.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Black people have their own channel on cable television (which is a joke), come on. As far as the white league goes I would have to say that I'm not a fan but I'm a fan of a fundamental basketball league. I really am tired of the streetball, their has to be a reason why the United States didn't win the gold in 2004 or FIBA in 2006 or barely won it in 2008, those teams had absolutely no chemistry. Countries like Spain, Argentina, Greece (whose national sport is not even basketball & whose national population is no where near the United States) were schooling us. These countries barely had a star on their team and they won with simple fundamentals and teamwork.
You're about to get torn apart.

Idiots consistently reveal themselves in these type of posts...

I can't believe this gump really tried to link HBCUs to this nonsense...

Black people have their own channel on cable television (which is a joke), come on. As far as the white league goes I would have to say that I'm not a fan but I'm a fan of a fundamental basketball league. I really am tired of the streetball, their has to be a reason why the United States didn't win the gold in 2004 or FIBA in 2006 or barely won it in 2008, those teams had absolutely no chemistry. Countries like Spain, Argentina, Greece (whose national sport is not even basketball & whose national population is no where near the United States) were schooling us. These countries barely had a star on their team and they won with simple fundamentals and teamwork.

So all Blacks play streetball?The NBA is a streetball league?H How the hell did we run away with the gold this year?

With the 1st pick of the White Basketball League draft, the National Alliance drafts CoupeIt88

Yo I almost passed out @ "are they going to lower the rims?" but this is comedy I'd like to attend a game for the laughs.

$1000 says there wont be 1 alley-oop all season

wow

When BLACKS had their own "anything" it was because they weren't ALLOWED to participate in the the world's version.

Whites doing it now won't serve that purpose. They are ALLOWED to play in the NBA.

But I won't say anything else.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

My point, is that I'm not in fan of anything race specific. Black, white, Asian, whatever. I think they're all in the wrong.
My point of view is that I think we all need to let go of the past (not forget it, just let go), and move forward more united. It's probably not going to happen unfortunately, but that doesn't mean that I can't believe in it.

We all have our points of view, and we're all entitled to that.
roll.gif
roll.gif
...c'mon son

theres nothing wrong with this............around my area we started an all filipino league whats the difference

Same in AZ, except it's all Asian descents, not just Filipino's.

BTW, I play in it, but I'm not Filipino.
laugh.gif

I tend to sweep stuff like this under the rug that's why I don't get so upset when I read about it. I know I'm not gonna come home after work turnon ESPN and see the "Augusta Rams" ballin hard in a primetime slot. Like lilstar said this "league" is gonna fold anyway because they willnot receive any money from sponsers (I hope not) this whole situation will be a after thought next year at this time.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

With the 1st pick of the White Basketball League draft, the National Alliance drafts CoupeIt88

I'm not white, first of all. Never said that Black people only play streetball and I'm not a fan of a white league, I'm a fan of more fundamentalbasketball. You guys have to realize tho this is the United States, we have 310 million people and basketball is huge here. The ratio of basketball players inour country compared to Spain, Argentina, etc favors us. I've been to these countries and all these countries care about is mainly soccer. In reality, theUnited States should NEVER not win a gold medal. I been ballin for a long time and I realized in 04, 06, and almost in 08 these countries who beat the UnitedStates didn't have the talent to do so but they did it with teamwork. The chemistry Spain and Argentina showed was admirable, they were focusing on thesimplest things and winning games, it's just something to think about. SO many players in the NBA have so much potential to be so much better but theirgame is stagnate. Dwight Howard can do a 360 dunk with a cape on but he can barely post anyone up and take a quick hook shot or turn around (he would beunstoppable if so). Theirs so many players in the NBA that if focused on the simplest and smallest things would be a completely better players.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I'm not white, first of all. Never said that Black people only play streetball and I'm not a fan of a white league, I'm a fan of more fundamental basketball. You guys have to realize tho this is the United States, we have 310 million people and basketball is huge here. The ratio of basketball players in our country compared to Spain, Argentina, etc favors us. I've been to these countries and all these countries care about is mainly soccer. In reality, the United States should NEVER not win a gold medal. I been ballin for a long time and I realized in 04, 06, and almost in 08 these countries who beat the United States didn't have the talent to do so but they did it with teamwork. The chemistry Spain and Argentina showed was admirable, they were focusing on the simplest things and winning games, it's just something to think about. SO many players in the NBA have so much potential to be so much better but their game is stagnate. Dwight Howard can do a 360 dunk with a cape on but he can barely post anyone up and take a quick hook shot or turn around (he would be unstoppable if so). Theirs so many players in the NBA that if focused on the simplest and smallest things would be a completely better players.

What the $!$% are you even talking about anymore? What does this have to do with the topic?

^^^ Oh you need help, ok. Im addressing what other people said about my comments earlier and making it clear.

^^^ Oh you need help, ok. Im addressing what other people said about my comments earlier and making it clear.
Nobody really gave a !%+# about your rant on USA basketball. People clearly had something to say about the prejudice tone of your comments. Notabout what you think of American basketball

Originally Posted by Gameover2

People are overreacting.

I find nothing wrong with this.
"As a sports enthusiast, I have always supported bringing more sporting activities to Augusta," he said. "However, in this instance I could not support in good conscience bringing in a team that did not fit with the spirit of inclusiveness that I, along with many others, have worked so hard to foster in our city."
"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?" he said. "That's the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction."
If you don't see anything wrong this then you're just a big of a Gump and this idiot is...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Nobody really gave a !%+# about your rant on USA basketball. People clearly had something to say about the prejudice tone of your comments. Not about what you think of American basketball

^^^Prejudice tone? are you stupid? how the hell do you even recognize tone when theirs no sound. Prejudice? Because what? Your turning this into something elseand you will defiantly get shut down immediately if your already that insecure to call me prejudice because I said the United States basketball is lackingfundamentals. I did however steer away from the topic and I'll even repent that so I'll just end it by saying this league in Georgia would be a mockeryof what the United States stands for.

Back
Top Bottom