AP: Tiger Woods To Return To Golf At The Masters

[h1]Tiger says he'll play in Masters[/h1]

PALM HARBOR, Fla. -- Tiger Woods announced Tuesday that he is returning to golf at the Masters.

"The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect. After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I'm ready to start my season at Augusta," Woods said in a statement.

"The major championships have always been a special focus in my career and, as a professional, I think Augusta is where I need to be, even though it's been a while since I last played."

Woods has been on an indefinite leave from the game since a Nov. 27 crash outside his Florida home spawned revelations of marital infidelity. He has not played since Nov. 15, when he won the Australian Masters in Melbourne for his 82nd career victory.

"I have undergone almost two months of inpatient therapy and I am continuing my treatment. Although I'm returning to competition, I still have a lot of work to do in my personal life."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report

Nice, cannot wait for the Masters to see how Tiger plays and if he can shove it in everyone's faces haha.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Which is what every human being knew was going to happen when he took his break.

Yet this won't stop the "shocking news" cycle all week in print and TV. Can't wait.

-
laugh.gif
@ People already saying he'll win.
-
laugh.gif
ESPN will be going in with this all damn day.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

When I was in Vegas two weeks ago one sports book had him at 9/2 to win the Masters. You gotta be crazy to take that bet, especially seeing how this is his first tourney back.

I'd imagine ridiculous ratings will ensue. TV Execs probably doing a Tiger fist pump too.

Originally Posted by DLo13

The old white dudes that run #!%% at Augusta have to be thrilled.
Only dudes more anal-retentive & controlling than Tiger in the golf world are the guys that run Augusta National....

TMZ may as well not even show up.... but you know they will
laugh.gif
smh.gif

ESPN beating this "breaking news" into the ground.
smh.gif

This is the media's wet dream, and the more I think of it, it's a great move on Tiger's part, too.

First, everyone in the field is gonna be distracted as hell - not necessarily because they think Tiger is gonna win, but because that's all everyone is gonna be asking about from now until April 11. Tiger will block all that out like only he can.

Second, I think people will have more self control at Augusta just because it is Augusta. He runs a much lower risk of being heckled, which I don't think would happen anywhere else anyway. I'm just saying that if it were to happen, it wouldn't happen as often at Augusta.

Good luck, man.

Back
Top Bottom