Anyone work for UPS as a Package Handler ?

there are job openings at 3 close by UPS locations for Package Handlers. the hours seem coo for a part time job. 5 weekdays, weekends free..

how do you like it? experience? pros/cons?
what could/should I expect at an interview (shall i get one).

I'm 5'10, 165lbs if that matters. i don't lift weights or anything, but I'm sure after working there for awhile i'll build up/get stronger ?

I handle packages all of the time. If you want to be discreet, I can deliver through the rear. First class all the way.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

I handle packages all of the time. If you want to be discreet, I can deliver through the rear. First class all the way.

There's so many things wrong with this post.

I don't work for UPS but I work at a shipping dept. and I see all the types people working for UPS, FedEx, USPS and DHL (R.I.P). Some are really bummy,short, tall, fat, skinny, heck there are even ladies doing the pickups. You have a chance, go for it doesn't sound hard at all; hope that helps.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

dont be mad ups is hiring

but seriously... ive worked for fedex ground and its legalized slaver #*!% that *!#$

I work there. You start at $8.50 an hour. You are probably going to unloading or loading trailers. They hire anybody that is motivated to work there sointerview is easy. The shifts last 3-4 hours a day. If you're a student this might be perfect PT job. UPS target students that are going to school. They dooffer tuition assistance. After a year they offer health insurance. Expect to bust your +%% the whole shift non-stop like a robot. You'll be exhaustedeveryday till you're body get use to it. That should last for 2-3 weeks. It's a workout so plan to sweat and drink alot of water. UPS has a high turnover rate. You'll see people come and go. Some locations they have bbq each month. They feed you hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, and pop. After 30 days yougain seniority and join the union. Everything is base on seniority at UPS. Don't expect to move up if you do plan on staying with the company anytime soon.

Ayo.... Ha....
sick.gif

i work for fedex express and we start at $13.00 an hour. there are tons of fat and old people there that handle their business. you should be fine. it is hardwork though.

laugh.gif
I think im one of the few that realizes this is from a movie...

Originally Posted by hankthetank

I work there. You start at $8.50 an hour. You are probably going to unloading or loading trailers. They hire anybody that is motivated to work there so interview is easy. The shifts last 3-4 hours a day. If you're a student this might be perfect PT job. UPS target students that are going to school. They do offer tuition assistance. After a year they offer health insurance. Expect to bust your +%% the whole shift non-stop like a robot. You'll be exhausted everyday till you're body get use to it. That should last for 2-3 weeks. It's a workout so plan to sweat and drink alot of water. UPS has a high turn over rate. You'll see people come and go. Some locations they have bbq each month. They feed you hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, and pop. After 30 days you gain seniority and join the union. Everything is base on seniority at UPS. Don't expect to move up if you do plan on staying with the company anytime soon.
co-sign
(been there 2 years)

There's students, old people that have been with the company for long time, middle age people working there for the benies, and others working 2 jobs.It's alright place to work especially if you like to BS with others it makes the time go by. Everybody is an character at UPS it's funny.

Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR

laugh.gif
yeah, its from chuck & Larry

Originally Posted by upstateboibeats

Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR

laugh.gif
yeah, its from chuck & Larry

Good stuff. It seemed familiar when I read it.
roll.gif

My friend works at UPS and is always complaining about his back.

He even sees a chiropractor.

We call him Brokeback.

Back
Top Bottom