Anyone know how to deal with this? Update pg 2.

OP I can offer you some advice. My mom passed away in November from stomach cancer. She fought it hard for about year too. Previously she was a breast cancer survivor of about 9 years before she got stomach cancer. It is the hardest thing you will see, when you see a loved one who has always been there for you and has be a cornerstone of your life go thru pain. But you have to and I mean have to be strong for her, you  have to encourage her and keep her spirit up. Cancer is tricky and unpredictable but keeping her spirit up with at least keep her happy for as long as possible. Doctors can say this and that, but with cancer its a guess. The Doctor said my mom would be fine and stomach cancer wasnt a big deal at all, and it didnt work out like they said.

Just be prayerful man, it goes along long way. And be strong, I know its hard but you have to keep her positive. You will be in my prayers cause I know how hard this situation is.

OP I can offer you some advice. My mom passed away in November from stomach cancer. She fought it hard for about year too. Previously she was a breast cancer survivor of about 9 years before she got stomach cancer. It is the hardest thing you will see, when you see a loved one who has always been there for you and has be a cornerstone of your life go thru pain. But you have to and I mean have to be strong for her, you  have to encourage her and keep her spirit up. Cancer is tricky and unpredictable but keeping her spirit up with at least keep her happy for as long as possible. Doctors can say this and that, but with cancer its a guess. The Doctor said my mom would be fine and stomach cancer wasnt a big deal at all, and it didnt work out like they said.

Just be prayerful man, it goes along long way. And be strong, I know its hard but you have to keep her positive. You will be in my prayers cause I know how hard this situation is.

damn sorry to hear this OP my preyer's go out to you and your fam .... i dont think i ever had to deal with any one in my fam that had cancer but when my gpa passed it was tough times so i pretty sure i know watcha going through.

you should try and get your sis to smoke some
pimp.gif
to ease up the pain a lil bit. hey you never know it might even help her cope with it, any lil thing helps.
smile.gif

damn sorry to hear this OP my preyer's go out to you and your fam .... i dont think i ever had to deal with any one in my fam that had cancer but when my gpa passed it was tough times so i pretty sure i know watcha going through.

you should try and get your sis to smoke some
pimp.gif
to ease up the pain a lil bit. hey you never know it might even help her cope with it, any lil thing helps.
smile.gif

tired.gif
Stay strong FAM...its hard to imagine being in that position. GOD has a purpose for us in life and he knows why he does things
ohwell.gif

tired.gif
Stay strong FAM...its hard to imagine being in that position. GOD has a purpose for us in life and he knows why he does things
ohwell.gif

Rola, I'm sorry to hear about your sister and the situation her, your whole family, and yourself are going through. It's crazy how months ago the doctors said because they caught the cancer early, that they would be able to treat it, and now your update tells otherwise 
ohwell.gif

I'v been in a similar situation since last July. A family member of mine, although he does not have cancer, had a stroke. His right side of his body was affected, and so he lost movement in his arm, leg, and his speech has since been slurred and practically non-existent. Since the stroke, he's been in a rehab center, and has now been home for a few months, receiving therapies daily and whatnot. I just know if he keeps working at recovery, it will soon come, he just has to stay positive, and so does everyone else in the family.

That's where you come in.  You need to stay positive for your sister. Your family needs to stay positive for your sister. She may or may not know the circumstances she is under just yet, but the key is to make her comfortable at all times, because after going through with what I've been going through since last July, I'm a firm believer of a positive mindset making the days and situation the best it can be.

Stay strong man.

Rola, I'm sorry to hear about your sister and the situation her, your whole family, and yourself are going through. It's crazy how months ago the doctors said because they caught the cancer early, that they would be able to treat it, and now your update tells otherwise 
ohwell.gif

I'v been in a similar situation since last July. A family member of mine, although he does not have cancer, had a stroke. His right side of his body was affected, and so he lost movement in his arm, leg, and his speech has since been slurred and practically non-existent. Since the stroke, he's been in a rehab center, and has now been home for a few months, receiving therapies daily and whatnot. I just know if he keeps working at recovery, it will soon come, he just has to stay positive, and so does everyone else in the family.

That's where you come in.  You need to stay positive for your sister. Your family needs to stay positive for your sister. She may or may not know the circumstances she is under just yet, but the key is to make her comfortable at all times, because after going through with what I've been going through since last July, I'm a firm believer of a positive mindset making the days and situation the best it can be.

Stay strong man.

Damn man, i hope that everything turns out okay,real talk, i hate hearing about stories like this and im sitting here realizing that i got it good,i hope you and family receive a miracle

Damn man, i hope that everything turns out okay,real talk, i hate hearing about stories like this and im sitting here realizing that i got it good,i hope you and family receive a miracle

sorry cant say ive been in a situation like that and can only imagine what you and your family going through but my advise is to just be there for her and support her every step of the way..

sorry cant say ive been in a situation like that and can only imagine what you and your family going through but my advise is to just be there for her and support her every step of the way..

I gotta thank you guys for the support and prayers and I admire some of your stories. The thing that keeps me from just becoming depressed is knowing that she's gonna be in a better place and not have to live with the disease anymore. I'm still hoping for a miracle because I know some people who were given months to live and they either exceeded the time limit or just beat the disease altogether.

She knows that it's not looking good but I don't think she knows how little time she may have left
tired.gif
. We're not gonna tell her because I'd never want to be given a timeline on when I'll die and I don't want her to be spending her last few weeks sad and depressed. It's gonna be real hard man,she was my best friend and the person I could talk about anything and get advice from. Still in shock at how young she became ill,she's only 24 but she was becoming sick often
tired.gif
.I'm about to go to the hospital to spend the day with her with my Mom and my pops and the rest of the fam are flying in tomorrow night to be with her.

I still can't believe how quick it became this bad. I'll be spending the next couple weeks with her hoping for the best but I'm prepared for the worst. Once again thanks for the support NT fam,I appreciate it a ton.

I gotta thank you guys for the support and prayers and I admire some of your stories. The thing that keeps me from just becoming depressed is knowing that she's gonna be in a better place and not have to live with the disease anymore. I'm still hoping for a miracle because I know some people who were given months to live and they either exceeded the time limit or just beat the disease altogether.

She knows that it's not looking good but I don't think she knows how little time she may have left
tired.gif
. We're not gonna tell her because I'd never want to be given a timeline on when I'll die and I don't want her to be spending her last few weeks sad and depressed. It's gonna be real hard man,she was my best friend and the person I could talk about anything and get advice from. Still in shock at how young she became ill,she's only 24 but she was becoming sick often
tired.gif
.I'm about to go to the hospital to spend the day with her with my Mom and my pops and the rest of the fam are flying in tomorrow night to be with her.

I still can't believe how quick it became this bad. I'll be spending the next couple weeks with her hoping for the best but I'm prepared for the worst. Once again thanks for the support NT fam,I appreciate it a ton.

Within the past 3 yrs, 4 fam members were diagnosed w/ cancer. 2 have ovarian cancer, 1 has a cancerous tumor in his kidney, & the 4th I forget the type. My ex was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer as well.

It is tough, but you have to be strong for them. Laugh w/ them, cry w/ them. Just spend time w/ them & encourage them if they seem down at times. The chemo takes a lot out of ppl, but it's always a blessing when the disease/virus/tumor is caught in the early stages & is deemed treatable.

& I know how it feels to have a family member going through a tough time like she will face over the next 2 years. I have a sister who was diagnosed as bi-polar a few years ago. She doesn't do anything wild or crazy, but she'll go from really happy to depressed. I moved in with her now just to keep an eye on her & try to make her laugh & happy whenever I can. Just be strong for her, for your parents/family, & for yourself as well.

"Without struggle, there can be no progress" - Frederick Douglas

Within the past 3 yrs, 4 fam members were diagnosed w/ cancer. 2 have ovarian cancer, 1 has a cancerous tumor in his kidney, & the 4th I forget the type. My ex was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer as well.

It is tough, but you have to be strong for them. Laugh w/ them, cry w/ them. Just spend time w/ them & encourage them if they seem down at times. The chemo takes a lot out of ppl, but it's always a blessing when the disease/virus/tumor is caught in the early stages & is deemed treatable.

& I know how it feels to have a family member going through a tough time like she will face over the next 2 years. I have a sister who was diagnosed as bi-polar a few years ago. She doesn't do anything wild or crazy, but she'll go from really happy to depressed. I moved in with her now just to keep an eye on her & try to make her laugh & happy whenever I can. Just be strong for her, for your parents/family, & for yourself as well.

"Without struggle, there can be no progress" - Frederick Douglas

Man.
frown.gif

tired.gif

Your update is heart wrenching Rolaholic.

My family is all to familiar with cancer, as my Uncle succumbed to it almost two years ago and my mother is a cancer survivor so I know what your going through.

Things may look bleak right now, but try to stay positive, and be there for your sister no matter how long she has left.

Prayers go out to you and your family.

Man.
frown.gif

tired.gif

Your update is heart wrenching Rolaholic.

My family is all to familiar with cancer, as my Uncle succumbed to it almost two years ago and my mother is a cancer survivor so I know what your going through.

Things may look bleak right now, but try to stay positive, and be there for your sister no matter how long she has left.

Prayers go out to you and your family.

all the best bro.

my dad was just diagnosed with a colon tumor. it's cancerous and he's gonna start chemotherapy in a few weeks and do some radiation treatment as well. they also caught it in an early stage.

all the best bro.

my dad was just diagnosed with a colon tumor. it's cancerous and he's gonna start chemotherapy in a few weeks and do some radiation treatment as well. they also caught it in an early stage.

im very sorry to hear this OP, i'll keep your fam in my prayers and i hope that everything turns out ok for you and yours. as far as any advice i can offer, try and stay positive at all costs and don't show weakness in front of your sis. im sure the last thing she would want is everyone around looking sad and depressed, especially without her knowing a timeline. stay strong OP.

Back
Top Bottom