Anyone here not care about credit?

Yal are paying monthly checking fees?!? Yal are getting PLAYED I pay $0 for my bank accounts
eyes.gif

Everyone keeps telling me to mess with the credit union but you can't just go to any atm without getting charged crazy fees to withdraw
Get with a CU that allows you to take out for free at 7/11 , or whatever is most common where you live.

Your paying fee's monthly just to have your checking account are the ATM fee's that different? I don't think so.

I rarely pay ATM fees, plenty of 7/11s in my area.

Your Credit is everything. Dont mess it up. You dont have to have alot of credit to have good credit. There are 2 sides to the whole equation.

Buying any big purchase (cars, house, etc.) With cash when you can get a low interest rate loan to buy is just stupid. Keep the money, pay the low interest loan, and invest the money. Make your money work for you, not the other way around.

I guess if you have a ton of cash and I mean millions and millions, you wouldn't really need credit but I can't imagine having bad credit or no credit and living life. I pay my credit cards off at the end of every month and keep a 0 balance on them. With these credit cards I have, I have a ton of rewards that I get such as free plane tickets/hotels/rounds of golf/car rentals/TSA precheck/Airport lounge access/global entry and these perks all come with being responsible with credit cards. If you're smart about it, why would it be bad to take advantage of all these great points and free perks? Now if you are using credit cards to live a life that your income does not match, then that definitely isn't going to work out but I don't think there is any issues with credit cards if you can be responsible and use it to your advantage.

You can't imagine having bad credit or no credit and living life? You realize the majority of the entire country does exactly that?

its perfectly fine if you pay off at the end of the month with 0 balance and no interest accrued.

no problems with that...my problem is once you ever need to use that 'credit' uve built up you'll have to loan on interest...and its sad that we have to build up our credit to use it by borrowing money from a world wide ponzi scheme on points...

don't use your money...use ours so you think you aren't using yours and in the end we make money off of the money you have...

look at the bigger picture...we all want nice things...but some times having principles and sticking to it help you sleep better....interest and borrowing at low points is something the big players can truly benefit off of ...and thats off of the back of guys like you and I...

but for the average joe its just a scheme to keep you under...always stack to create something that will bring you cash flow...don't work and loan to build credit so you can have artificial ownership.

Definitely get what you're saying when it comes to having to start borrowing and accruing interest. If I could eventually save up a million and buy a home without loaning, that would be amazing but within the next few years, my most real option of purchasing a home is with a mortgage. In order to do that, I'll need to have good credit which is why I have been building it. If I am able to do well and save up enough to buy a home, then no loan will be needed but I think it is important to at least maintain good credit for when the absolute worst happens. Credit cards can be useful in times of emergencies and I don't see how it can hurt to maintain a good credit while still saving cash aside in savings.

i own a home...
laugh.gif

inherited it...but as far as my business goes i made and built it from scratch off my own sweat and tears.... from $0 to what it is now...didn't take a dime from anyone.

if i didn't inherit the house i wouldn't ever buy a house...i'd rather rent and enjoy my life rather than catch up to artificial goals...

so what you own a house? will you ever get to cash out that 700k or 400k or what ever it is and use it?

would you rather not have 700k to your name and rent for 24k a year...while make 90k a year?

think about it...

Not many have the capital to start a business with nothing. Most businesses are expensive to start, and you need a loan.

Yes, I'm sure I'll cash out of my house or take money out for different projects.

I bought a duplex and my tenants pay for the mortgage. When I'm ready to move out it'll cash flow while paying off my mortgage, it's currently set to be paid off completely when I'm 41 years old.

The property is an asset. When my tenant moves out, he will have nothing to his name, When he moves out, I will have all the rent money he put into MY mortgage. When it's paid off, I will have a property cash flowing 4,000$+/month

Why did I take out a mortgage for it? I don't have half a million dollars in cash.

Let's say my tenant and I both make the same amount of money: 100k.

When it's tax time, I deduct all the mortgage interest (around 20k) from my 100k, so the tax man sees I have an income of 80k instead of 100k and I get a big refund.

My tenant, gets zero deduction from renting. he will pay taxes on all 100k of his earnings.

This example nets me roughly 5,000$ compared to my tenant. The only difference is he is renting.

Last edited:
The bank is giving me money to buy a property that gives me a roof over my head. I couldn't have done it without the lender. 

Second, you assume my main purpose in life is accumulate wealth and money... It's not. 

You live in a different world. The average cost to start up a business is 30,000$. Everyone is not in their own position to make 30,000$ of net cash in 2 years to start up a business and become financially independent.

you're right, I don't need good credit to borrow half a million dollars, but I'd rather have good credit and borrow half a million dollars on 3% interest than on 6% interest.

My half a million is not under my pillow, it is on my piece of land and I can always take money out of my piece of land. I can always cash-out refinance, I can always sell my property, I can always take out a home equity line of credit.

My asset appreciated 10% last year, how much did your money grow under your pillow?

Back
Top Bottom