Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

never done this in my life :lol:

any tips?
as someone suggested, go to rtings. I used to go to another website for calibration numbers but forgot about it. I'll say makes a world of difference as far as picture quality goes. btw, it's quite easy and doesn't need a professional for it. just input the numbers.

IMG_2841.JPG
me gusta

Well Beach Camera dropped my beat up A80J to $1620... so for that price, I guess I can live with it, dents and all. Might get the extended warranty through Sony that also covers damaged, tho I probably don't really need to. Would probably be able to finesse that into a free newer model before the warranty expires.

Anyway I bought an open box 77 LG C1 from Microcenter for $2,150 last week when I thought I was gonna return the Sony. Was waiting for them to get a box for it so I could take it home today, but they just let me know that they found a brand new one still in the box in the back and they would give it to me for the same price, so I guess I will keep them both and put the C1 in the loft. I hope I can avoid seeing an 83 inch in store anytime in the near future....

What do you guys use to keep the screen looking clean and the back of the tv from being dust free?

I use end dust for the back of the tv and the wall.

I bought this tv screen cleaner from target but i didn't like it.

What do you guys use to keep the screen looking clean and the back of the tv from being dust free?

I use end dust for the back of the tv and the wall.

I bought this tv screen cleaner from target but i didn't like it.
I use Swiffer duster. For the screen, I use a camera lens cleaning solution and microfiber cloth. My technique, use damp cloth to clean off and dry cloth to dry.

+1 for the swiffer duster for the back of the tv. For the front I use a damp microfiber for the initial wipe and a dry one to clean it up.

if you are into soundbars, might as well get the Sonos Arc. if you are in the budget, get the Sonos Beam 2.

Using the Sonos Arc.

The speakers on the C1 I thought were pretty nice compared to my last tv..

Anyone got a recommendation for a tv mount that’ll help in my scenario.

77 inch LG OLED c2
I want it to extend out about 8 inches and then i’d like to lock it at that distance. I keep reading reviews and it’s like it can go to 20 inches etc etc but none of these seem to be able to lock it at a specified distance. I’m going to have it in front a fireplace mantle (turning that off) and don’t want someone to be able to easily push it back and have the back hit the stone mantle.

I’ll install the mount in the area that small tv is in. given the size it’ll cover some of the built in and some of the mantle.

Attachments

• 9AA27738-F877-4F0A-A724-152FCF80034C.jpeg
    9AA27738-F877-4F0A-A724-152FCF80034C.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 157
  • B5DCD4ED-1830-4A0A-BF5C-C62E2DC454BF.jpeg
    B5DCD4ED-1830-4A0A-BF5C-C62E2DC454BF.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 273

Comparison I've been waiting on but won't make up my mind until Tha_VillaMan drops his comparisons. Upgrading from a CX and leaning heavily towards the LG G2. Just not seeing enough to justify the $1,000 premium that comes with the Sony A95k.

Back
Top Bottom