Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Aight yall so my 65” Vizio Quantum P LED in the living room took a dump. Bought it for like $900 when i bought the house 4.5 years ago and it stopped turning on a couple days ago. Wasnt planning on replacing it until the next house….

So, I usually research over several months but the house feels dead with no TV in the main room so wife wants one ASAP. Two questions:

-Are OLEDs any better for bright rooms than they were a few years ago? When I bought my LG B8 I know that was an issue

-I see Rtings rates these Hisense TVs well (best mid and low range). Anybody have experience with the U8G? I’m usually a brand snob but this fits the budget we’d like to stay within ($1k).

Appreciate any feedback

Yeah that 65 inch U8G is 799 right now, great value for the feature set and reviews. Don't have one but it would have been my choice if I didn't have an LG C1. Got an older H8F for my room and it still looks great, if U8G falls to a crazy price I might jump on it.

I honestly do not have a problem with any of my OLEDs in bright room... even rn in my loft which has a skylight directly above. I only have an issye with reflections when its off or completely black, but I dont watch horror movies or play games that are dark like that during the day anyway...

I know they probably refurbished but should I gamble on these TV outlets?

Screenshot_20220728-113132.png

If it were me I’d roll the dice at that price. That could be a great come up. If its a lemon then lesson learned. Would be a tough $600 pill to swallow though, can’t lie :lol:

I'm holding out for the C1. Samsung's QD-OLED is just a step above C1 but cost double for what you can get the C1. it's one of my dream tv if ever I have extra money to spend on stuff. also, the Neo QLEDs or Mini-Leds are also great. it's a battle of atrition and we'll see how the prices would go for the rest of the year.

Samsung had a sale earlier, 85" QN90A plus the Q 99B Dolby Atmos sound bar for only $3k.

If I didn't buy the 75" version a year ago I would've bought this instead cause that sound bar is $1800 alone

Am i doing it wrong? We just bought a house and was thinking of copping this:

LG - 77" Class C2 Series OLED evo 4K UHD Smart webOS TV​

for $3,300 before tax, tv mount, installation and warranty. I feel like i’m paying way too much compared to what everyone else posting.

doing it wrong? We just bought a house and was thinking of copping this:

for $3,300 before tax, tv mount, installation and warranty. I feel like i’m paying way too much compared to what everyone else posting.

That's not bad. The C2 is still fairly new so discounts aren't that big. Mount and installation is probably $200 to $250 depending on the mount so it's a decent deal if that's the TV you want.

I don’t know anything except that OLED is good and that LG makes the best ones and that Best Buy covers burn in (main problem). 77 seemed like the ideal size. Didn’t see a huge difference when I looked at them in person between like A1 and wtv the highest end version2 is. Seemed like A series only one that doesn’t have 120hz though so seemed like a miss to spend thousands and not have that. Maybe i’ll get the g1 it seems $400 or so cheaper than this c2

Am i doing it wrong? We just bought a house and was thinking of copping this:

Get the C1 on clearance if you can... pnly real upgrade going with the C2 is how much lighter it is thsn the C1 because its carbon fiber.

Basement almost done. Will be needing a new TV soon.

If your basement is completely dark (no windows) get a projector.
I'm holding out for the C1. Samsung's QD-OLED is just a step above C1 but cost double for what you can get the C1. it's one of my dream tv if ever I have extra money to spend on stuff. also, the Neo QLEDs or Mini-Leds are also great. it's a battle of atrition and we'll see how the prices would go for the rest of the year.

This is the way, check Microcenter is there is one near you.

Thanks guys i’ll go with the C1 OLED. I legit don’t know anything about this stuff but just know i didn’t want to buy something and need to replace it in 2 or 3 years. I’m always hesitant to buy version “1s” of stuff - there’s been no major issues with the C1 tho it sounds like.

Damn best buy completely out of the C1s over here might just have to get the C2.

I definitely want the 5 year warranty from Best Buy with burn in covered so it’s either wait to see if they have a C1 at some point or just go ahead and spend the extra cash

If your basement is completely dark (no windows) get a projector.

This is the way, check Microcenter is there is one near you.

Basement has one window I can easily blind. The lights are dimmers. I was thinking about a projector. Any suggestions on brands etc?

Damn best buy completely out of the C1s over here might just have to get the C2.

I definitely want the 5 year warranty from Best Buy with burn in covered so it’s either wait to see if they have a C1 at some point or just go ahead and spend the extra cash
I definitely recommend extended warranty and have your tv replaced when it's close to 5 years. you'd be typically getting a brand new one for free.

Back
Top Bottom