Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Will wait for any Superbowl deals
Best Buy has 30 day price protection and LG does uniform pricing across all retailers. The B7A wasn’t part of the SB sale so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. If it does come down in price I just go to BB and they refund the difference.

Im in the process of buying my first home and will be looking to grab another TV. Im kinda worried about the amount of natural light at my new spot as well.

It kinda sucks cause ill be restricted on the size of the tv because it has to go above the fireplace and between two windows. I still have to measure.

this goes for a 55 inch
if you want a great tv under $1000 go with the 900E..having a full array local dimming already makes it a plus over everything in it's price range.. throw in Sony's software and you have the best Tv in the price range.. picture is amazing and gets pretty close blacks to an OLED

if you wanna splurge get the sony A1 ... best TV that's out and that soundbar built in is riddiclous how good it sounds..

B7/C7
if you want the best picture quality for a bargain

Not a fan.

But Ironically, Curved ultrawide monitors are amazing.
meh not if your gunna edit. need them straight lines. 34 inch ultrawide 1440p is life changing. im never goin back to a 2 or 3 monitor setup. next stop 42+ inch ultrawide

I just copped a LG 55inch 4K UHD SMART LED W/ WEB OS for $499, seems like a good value TV.

I've been watching the same 42 inch for like 10 years now so anything was an upgrade.

I just copped a LG 55inch 4K UHD SMART LED W/ WEB OS for $499, seems like a good value TV.

I've been watching the same 42 inch for like 10 years now so anything was an upgrade.

that one's terrible... you could've done way better and got something with HDR for a few bucks more

I looked at all the TVs less than 5 bills and that LG looked the best.

OG price was $700. The TVs I really wanted were $3,000+ so hopefully I can level up this year and give that other TV to my kids.

I’m just going to wait for that 6 series TCL to drop in the spring. Looks promising from the CES first impressions.

my dad just copped the LG 55” OLED

ive been educating myself on downloading 2160P files for him

boy the HEVC x265 codec helps out a ton. i shudder to think what size a 2160p movie would be in x264

I looked at all the TVs less than 5 bills and that LG looked the best.

OG price was $700. The TVs I really wanted were $3,000+ so hopefully I can level up this year and give that other TV to my kids.

return it and wait til closer to SuperBowl, I guaran-damn-tee you'll find much better tvs at the same price

return it and wait til closer to SuperBowl, I guaran-damn-tee you'll find much better tvs at the same price
Thanks for all the advice fellas, I threw the box away already so Idk about returning it. Wish I would've saw this thread beforehand

My girl loves it and thinks we got a great deal so i'm not going to bring it up lol.

this goes for a 55 inch
if you want a great tv under $1000 go with the 900E..having a full array local dimming already makes it a plus over everything in it's price range.. throw in Sony's software and you have the best Tv in the price range.. picture is amazing and gets pretty close blacks to an OLED

if you wanna splurge get the sony A1 ... best TV that's out and that soundbar built in is riddiclous how good it sounds..

B7/C7
if you want the best picture quality for a bargain

Appreciate the advice

I have a 55” Samsung KS8000 as my main TV currently but im thinking ill move that to my game room and replace it with something equal or better. I’d love to go 65” but i have to measure everything first.

Ill be on the lookout for deals. Would like to stay around a stack if possible price-wise but i know if its 65” ill be over that.

Sorry if this question is stupid, but...Does a 4K TV make 1080 any clearer?

Example, from Comcast cable boxes to the TV? Thanks in advance.

A lot of cable isn't even in 1080p

A 4k tv can take 1080p content and upscale it if i'm not mistaken, but the improvement won't look as dramatic as watching 4k/hdr content on the 4ktv

There's nothing in cable you can watch in 4k. Some sections on youtube, and some sections of netflix, hulu, amazon will have 4k content, along with blu rays of course.

So will that TCL P605 at Best Buy come down in price week of Super Bowl?

Would love a 4K tv for some gaming in the bedroom. NT swears that’s the best 4K under a grand and the reviews say it’s true.

My Samsung 65 inch plasma in the living room that I got for the Super bowl back in 2010 still runs like a beast. Still displays a beautiful picture with deep blacks. That TV has treated me well so I won’t be replacing it soon. But I’m looking to replace the 42 inch Samsung LCD with a decent 4K tv for the PS4

Sorry if this question is stupid, but...Does a 4K TV make 1080 any clearer?

Example, from Comcast cable boxes to the TV? Thanks in advance.
No it'll make the picture quality slightly worse. Its a little similar to how PQ was when viewing an SD signal on a 720/1080 tv when they were first released. Best to view 1080 on a 1080 tv, 4k source with 4k tv, etc.

Back
Top Bottom