Anyone ever take a semester off in college?

Originally Posted by silverswoosh

I'm doing it currently.
laugh.gif

I've talked to a couple of my co-workers about it and they did the same thing. They told me that their semester off lasted 14-15 years.

that what i would imagine happening to me...
roll.gif

hope my break to start my masters isnt too long...
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

i rally depends on the person i took a year off as well but now im back at it and lovin it

smh.gif
i was forced to take 2 off by the city of va beach. suspended license so ihad to withdraw, no way i'd be able to get to work and school, cuz %%$+ was timed as if i was driving. and if you withdraw there goes your financial aid.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Im going into my second year right now and my head doesnt seem to be in the right place. I was thinking about dropping the classes before the refund deadline and taking the semester off. I was worried that it might be hard to get back in the mindstate after taking a break and how bad it might look on a transcript.

Has anyone done this and it turned out well?
I wouldn't recommend taking a semester off, but if you are going to do it... then don't do it after summer.. because it would be like youare taking a whole year off. Take off the spring semester or something..

Take it off if you need to work and make money, but don't take it off because your head isn't in the right place

I took the semester after I graduated off and started school in January instead of September like everyone else. I don't think particularly gained anythingfrom it other than being a semester behind my friends (who eventually I caught up w/ because they failed some semesters lol). But If I were you I would stickit out and get it over w/ UNLESS you really have some tough stuff to work through (Financial issues, family issues, sick parents sibling etc.). If it'sjust because you don't feel like it, then snap out of it. you only have 2 yrs left!

I took the summer semester off this year. I wish I hadn't did it the 1st place.

I took a semester off. At the time I just couldn't focus on school, I kept getting sidetracked. During the semester off I got a job and just chilled/party.In the end I got it outta my system and no I'm able to focus on my studies a lot better than I did before. It's kinda weird thinking about it.

Don't do it... I have a friend who said he'd only take a "semester off". Turns out he took about a year off.

Had to take a quarter off last fall, but because of medical reasons (jaw surgery). Now I'm in summer school trying to make up for those classes I missed tograduate next June. At the library right now instead of heading out on a Friday SMH. Don't do it.

Back
Top Bottom