Anyone ever take a semester off in college?

Im going into my second year right now and my head doesnt seem to be in the right place. I was thinking about dropping the classes before the refund deadlineand taking the semester off. I was worried that it might be hard to get back in the mindstate after taking a break and how bad it might look on a transcript.

Has anyone done this and it turned out well?

Took 3 years off. Traveled, partied, had a great time. Amazing time even. Only thing that sucked is that I just graduated this last spring, and still no jobbyjob.

Decided to take winter quarter off last year after attending fall and ended up taking a whole year off. I'm going back this fall though.
smh.gif
Can'tbelieve I allowed myself to take off so much time.

my brother did and based on what happened to him, Id say dont do it

I haven't done it and I wouldn't recommend it. After you take some time off you're not gonna wanna go back.

I'm doing it currently.
laugh.gif

I've talked to a couple of my co-workers about it and they did the same thing. They told me that their semester off lasted 14-15 years.

I took a semester off and came back.

I did a lot better afterwards because I was just in there playing around.

If you just in school just to be in school some time off might be what you need so that you're not just wasting money.

i did for a year and a half to work and to establish state residency. really depends on the person, if ure the hard working + focused type, go ahead.. but if uget side tracked i wouldnt recommend u to do it.

no
but my friend did it, he actually took the financial aid money and took a year off
smh.gif
never went back to school again...

Personally, never did. Had 2 friends who 'took a semester off' after freshman year ended. They never came back.

I took a qtr off as most schools in WA go to qtr and I went rightt back a qtr later. A lot of my friends said they were schocked and surprised that I reallyonly took a qtr off and not more than that as most people can get stuck in that mind-set. Eff that, I for sure wasn't going to take more than 2 qtrs offMAX!! If you think this semester is already looking like that, get your money back!!! Taking a semester off isn't bad, plus I'm guessing you'restill pretty young. As long as you ain't 30+ and wanting a semester off.

Another thing you can do is take on a smaller load. Do half-time or only take 1 class if you want.

I haven't done it.

OP, why do you feel the need to take time off? What are you going to do? Do you have a job already? JW...

I'm ahead so I took two quarters off (due to medical reasons) , leaving to go back in about a week.

Yeah. Everything you're missing out on while you're in college will be there when you're done.

Your mind ain't in the right frame?
laugh.gif
It will be when you gotta find a job with no degree or experience and life is just passing you by with thequickness.

i will be out 2 years after going for a year and a half. im going back in january but it really wasnt a choice, it was the money. i wouldnt recommend it toanyone

i finished high school a year early so i took one semester off. the transition back to school wasnt really that bad

i have a couple friends that took a couple semesters off after high school, they said they regretted it.

waste of time and life.

I'm doing it currently. I just traveled the country for a month and a half, now I'm just chillin' at themoment. I just got my AA so I was just getting the basics out of the way, I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. That work is really tedious and when I goback I'll (hopefully) be pursueing something I actually enjoy. I've done a lot of soul searching and it's renewing that passion to return. I haveno doubts I or anyone else can do it successfully.Just find out where your heart's at, everybody is different

M!ke

Back
Top Bottom