Anyone Ever Failed At The Gym?

So today I as on my last set of incline bench press, doing 10-12 reps 30lb on each side. (I'm only in HS and weigh 150 though) Only did like 5 reps and I felt the damn bar going down and down
nerd.gif
 , then it was on my face...
mad.gif
 Kind of felt like the bar went down and I had no energy at all.
nerd.gif
 2 random gym members came and got the bar off me and dipped back to what they were doing
embarassed.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
. Thank god for them guys. Man was I the guinea pig, still am for the next few days too, SMFH. I feel like @%$* right now, never had this happen to me, don't even feel like going to the gym anymore
tired.gif
 Had to read the motivational thread and even then, don't feel right. Anyone had any of these great fails at the gym or seen any?

Originally Posted by JE15306

So today I as on my last set of incline bench press, doing 10-12 reps 30lb on each side. (I'm only in HS and weigh 150 though) Only did like 5 reps and I felt the damn bar going down and down
nerd.gif
mad.gif
nerd.gif
 2 random gym members came and got the bar off me and dipped back to what they were doing
embarassed.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
. Thank god for them guys. Man was I the guinea pig, still am for the next few days too, SMFH. I feel like @%$* right now, never had this happen to me, don't even feel like going to the gym anymore
tired.gif
 Had to read the motivational thread and even then, don't feel right. Anyone had any of these great fails at the gym or seen any?

That's not an excuse

Get a gym partner though. It takes away that "dont feel like going" feeling away.
Or even better join football. You'll love it.

Only once...one time I must have overloaded one side of the bench from 225 to 270.  As soon as I threw it up I realized it was lob-sided and it came crashing on my shoulder.  Luckily I had someone I was conversating with close by to assist with that.  He watched me load it like that and said "I thought your shoulder was injured and you were doing proportioned weight on the bench."  Could have been worse.  I am 6"4 205 so it happens to the best of us. 

laugh.gif
you really end up looking like a fool. why not have a spot. why lift more weight than you can handle. never lift anymore than I know I can handle unless I have a spot.

I failed on my last rep of my last set last time, I was doing close grip bench with 115... couldn't get the bar up for the last rep so I left it on my chest, sat up and picked the bar up.

As long as you're not on decline bench usually you can do that.

NT alpha males are born muscular so....

but seriously, i dont lift too heavy unless i had a spotter

Happened to me once

was doing dumbbells all day then decided to try the bar...... mistake

I got pinned with 50lbs! lulz... a single dude helped

embarrassing tho

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by JE15306

nerd.gif
mad.gif
nerd.gif
embarassed.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

That's not an excuse

Get a gym partner though. It takes away that "dont feel like going" feeling away.
Or even better join football. You'll love it.
Yea I know bro. I normally do 40 lbs on each side= 45lb bar so 125, but today is monday and was taking it slow. These are some grown people though... Would you want to work out with a young high schooler that only has a few months in the game.
eyes.gif
 Hardly anyone even in my school works out, unless there in sports but you can't go to the weight room in my school unless your athlete. Not even going to lie a year ago went to go to the gym to drop something off to my brother and a guy was hauling %%@ on the treadmill and straight flew back into the wall
eek.gif
 Dude stayed there for a good minute or 2, everyone rushed to help him, but they were just looking to be nosy.
eyes.gif
 Know how it feels now
embarassed.gif
 Also seem a guy get hit with the "Skull Crushers" a few ago, the tricep barbel exercise.
eek.gif

OP your best bet is to lift with a spotter or bench with barbells if you're alone and don't want to ask for a spot.
Can't say this has ever happened to me but I don't lift heavy without a spot

Deff look into a sport or even a club where you can meet people to work out with. and dont worry it happens all the time at gyms noone is gonna care if they even saw what happend

OP i feel you, i have 5 months in the gym and i suck. smh
I can do 35 on each side + 45 bar, but over than that i need a spot. Feels bad. :/

To thread jack, this brought back a memory.

In highschool this kid in shop class paid no attention to the teachers forewarning every day "to make sure you guide the wood through the whole cut".
This dude let go and received a haymaker to the ribs.

It was awesome.

Just ask someone around for a spot real quick. It happens all the time and the person shouldn't mind. Just wait til they taking a break between their set.

OP, iknowthatfeelbro.jpeg

Remember it like yesterday, happened early september...i failed 225x3, i was good at first rep, 2nd rep half way through i just couldnt push it up, i rested the bar at my chest and i tried again, still couldnt..panic mode achieved, started hollering for help.People stretching in the dumbell area came to help... Lol happened around 1pm,(usually wake up at 7-8am and know people during that time) never have gone back at that time.

Dont get a partner, i worked out with a partner and it slows your workout 2x and y'all just mess around nohomo. What i do is ask the regulars to spot me, its awkward at first, but no one will deny helping you out.

forget these foos laughing at the weight, you gotta start somewhere

for when you have absolutely no spot, you could switch over to dumbbell bench, that way you just throw the weights down when you're done

imvictor- Yea you have to start somewhere. How much do you weigh? I'm on the chunky side 150 lbs and 5'7
ohwell.gif

sneakerhead- Didn't feel shook, just MAD embarrassed, had the weight sitting there too, SMH. The dudes that spotted me didn't even really care...
nerd.gif
 probably just though this poor kid
ohwell.gif
 Went back off to their buisness. knew after that, that it was time to go home.

BTW, damn YUKU had to retype this all over gain.
mad.gif

Happened a few months ago, I was supersetting burnout bench press and decline pushups. I finished the bench set and hopped on the bench to knock out the pushups. I got about halfway through the set and my arms gave out and face planted 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom