Anyone else just dislike this time of year?

I cannot stand the holiday season whatsoever.  Does anyone else feel this way? There's a couple of reasons for this too

-Family gatherings are a mere shell of what they used to be when I was younger.
-Every time I hear Christmas music I feel like punching the nearest person
-Someone very close to me passed away at this time
-The atmosphere is not what it used to be
-HUGE !++#+$% waste of time putting up decorations and taking em back down.

Pros
-I love this weather.
-Snowboarding season
-No school

You should just try to find something about this time of the year that you like, instead of dwelling on the bad.
What's bad about Christmas music?

Usually? Not at all. Definitely one of the favorite times of the year. But factoring the current circumstances, yes.
30t6p3b.gif
ohwell.gif

to me xmas doesnt really mean anything,
after being in the military and spending xmas in basic training, working or even deployed, ive learned to value other times more.
i dont value xmas cuz its xmas, but the time i do get to see my family and spend quality time with them and my friends is what i consider a "holiday" and a time to celebrate.

actually the winter season is considered an evil time of the year.

I personally used to like the winter I still kind of do but since I feel like *%$% this time of year I dislike the winter.

Only pro I see in this time of the year is layering my clothes.

I've heard this from a handful of people, but I've always pitied them for feeling that way.
Listen, all those cons you've listed, with the exception of your friend's passing, are insignificant annoyances of this season compared to enjoyment you'd have if you step back and breathe it all in.
What I mean is that you shouldn't sweat the details.
Originally Posted by ayejreeun

Stop dwelling on the past/how it used to be and enjoy your people's company, drink, break bread, and conversate with the people you probably don't see that often/spend time with.
Really? Pay no mind to it then, treat it like elevator music, no one cares or is even aware of elevator music.
I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm sure he/she wouldn't want you to be moping around this time of the year...unless it was a thing you both did together, then I don't know what to say to you.
Instead of taking initiative, you're dwelling on the past.
Either don't decorate, don't participate in decorating, or [if you're being forced to by parents or s/o] suck it up to make those that find it important, happy, c'mon man.

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

I cannot stand the holiday season whatsoever.  Does anyone else feel this way? There's a couple of reasons for this too

Pros
-I love this weather.
-Snowboarding season
-No school

fixed
i love this time of the year though
laugh.gif

"It's the mostttttt wonderful time of the year...."

Instead of focusing on the negative and why you hate this time of year, try and find the joy and make it a special occasion for another....Christmas is for the kids.  Spread the wealth. 

i don't like it cuz of all the break from school/work

it throws off my routine and i dont like that

i don't mind the holidays but my life has always felt out of whack and kinda out of control during the holiday season since i was younger...

The week between christmas and new year's = easy like sunday morning.My favorite time of the year.

If you're working retail, I understand that feel. Used to work at circuit city during this time of the year, and it was turble.

This is my first holiday season not in retail since 2006, so I'm definitely enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom