Anyone else just dislike this time of year?

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Retail
mad.gif
I share your pain
mad.gif

I just don't like that all this "Christmas" @$!$ is shoved in my face everywhere I go.

i like it for the simple fact that i can take a break from school and have more time for myself.

only hate xmas day. all that family time is not healthy at all
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

gonna murder santa clause this yr tho
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

I don't care for it because people's inner greed shows the most during this time period.

Truth right here. Jesus is my homeboy and all, but i despise this whole month.

Originally Posted by chickhien

Originally Posted by raptors29

I don't care for it because people's inner greed shows the most during this time period.

Truth right here. Jesus is my homeboy and all, but i despise this whole month.

laugh.gif
Inner greed? Evil month? Family drama? Stressful time?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What the hell kinda family y'all got?? Must suck! To even have to come across that type of mentallity when it comes to Christmas is sad! Just sad!

Originally Posted by We

If you're working retail, I understand that feel. Used to work at circuit city during this time of the year, and it was turble.

lol @ turble ...

will use in vocabulary if you grant me permission, fambs.

but yes, retail hours do suck. 

I'm an assistant manager at a shoe store so you know cor a fact we get the worst hours.

frown.gif
frown.gif

This usually my favorite time of year. This time around I've been struggling with unemployment and blues/anxiety that come along with it. So I haven't been able to get as much enjoyment out of the holiday season 2011.

I really don't care for holiday season until I'm around my family and then it's all good.

I don't care much for holiday music, save for the R&B updates like Let it Snow by Boyz 2 Men

I enjoy the breaks from school and the food.

NYE is always a good time.

I understand, dude. I'm usually bummed out, too. I used to think it was for no reason. I haven't cared for the holidays since the late 90's. I think a lot of it had to do with losing a close family member around this time. Also, once I got older, I denounced the religious aspect of the holidays after learning about the winter solstice and the relation to Christmas. So the holidays became less significant. Other than that, my family is pretty jacked up and I only speak to 5 people (3 cousins, brother, sister) so we don't have that jolly family vibe.

Can't say I'm not grateful, though. A brother never really had much, but I'm appreciative of everyone and everything in my life that actually matters.

I'm good this time, though. Had a great annual Holiday Party with the office on Saturday, WTT tonight, 25th bday tomorrow, I'm on my first vacation in a year, Common concert in two weeks, we get paid 3 times this month and I know my people I'm close with really got love for me, so I'm good.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

love hate the holiday season, just hate love the cold weather
fixed for me. not a big family/holiday person but I spend more time outside than any time of the year. i started walking the 1.5 distance to the bus i take to work in the mornings because early morning cold (im out the house at 5:15 am if I walk) is the best of the day.

I prefer January though because the weather is colder and the holidays are over.

I feel ya OP, I hate NEw Years Eve more than any other holiday....I wanna sit at home with 40, and play xbox

Man......... !@#$ Xmas I spend load of money on gifts for people but I get crappy gifts
I hate the cold I want this year and Christmas to be over

I love this time of year. Not just for the holidays, but I love the weather. Throwing on the hoodies and jackets also brings out that loneliness of some females and being able to capitalize on that.
laugh.gif
I love it.

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

I cannot stand the holiday season whatsoever.  Does anyone else feel this way? There's a couple of reasons for this too

-Family gatherings are a mere shell of what they used to be when I was younger.
-Every time I hear Christmas music I feel like punching the nearest person
-The atmosphere is not what it used to be
-HUGE !++#+$% waste of time putting up decorations and taking em back down.
tumblr_lvg4vcWIl31r4c3vho1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom