Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

So my daughter called me this morning, she was at a Walmart that has been EMPTY since March. Today, they had reloaded and had a ton of Chrome. I almost cried. I told her to take all 9 boxes. (For me, not to resell) Literally, as I am talking, she said some guy was on the phone telling someone else (LCS probably) and he grabbed 4 of the Chromes. :frown: So I got 5, and then 3 boxes of the Archives. So I got "something" for a change, but I could have had a lot more.

I'm going to be haunted by those 4 boxes for a long time I bet. :smh:

Are you looking for Topps Chrome Baseball? If so, I can grab a few boxes for you the next time my store re-stocks. I always leave it behind because I don't collect baseball cards.

IMG_20200821_181936.jpg

Yeah that’s absolutely ridiculous. I don’t know how I feel about it, my gut reaction is that the buyer is an idiot. But it will probably go up idk?

Wonder who bought that damn Trout from Vegas Dave for almost $4M? Just absurd
no offense, I loosely follow baseball. I know who trout is, ive watched him but is he on track to be the GOAT? im confused why his cards are commanding such insane prices before yesterday but now to have an almost 4 million dollar card?

someone explain please

It’s a wrap for anything Luka until they get bounced from the playoffs in my eyes. Paying a premium right now.

no offense, I loosely follow baseball. I know who trout is, ive watched him but is he on track to be the GOAT? im confused why his cards are commanding such insane prices before yesterday but now to have an almost 4 million dollar card?

someone explain please
He is considered this generations Mantle.
Personally I think he is this generations Albert Pujols.

He is considered this generations Mantle.
Personally I think he is this generations Albert Pujols.

What I don't get is why is Trout considered this generation's Mantle when Mays > Mantle? Mays missed a season within his first 10 because of military service but it looks like he was more consistently great without much dropoff from season to season. For Mantle I get that the Yanks were crazy good and won a ton more, but we're talking about player-to-player comp.

I don't know about $3.8M for his card, but Mike Trout is definitely the goods and I think he'll be great for a long time.

Last edited:
I just don't think the separation is that great between the two. Trout does play better defense but even to 29 they are pretty similar. Let's see what happens from now. Pujols took a production decrease at 31.

Isn't the Trout a 1 of 1?

HOF, 1st card, auto, 1 of 1 is why it's "worth" its price tag.*

*No card is worth that much. :lol:

Have you went thru a 3rd party website to sell sports memorabilia? I tried to PWCC twice a few years ago. It wasn't bad. Who would you recommend instead? I would sell directly but don't to take the chance of someone trying to fraud me.

Back
Top Bottom