Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Target Clifton NJ - How do you enforce this with self checkout
IMG_20200815_105049.jpg

The demand is crazy.

The tough part is one person can clean out the entire inventory at a store. So lets say there are 5 stores in your immediate area. It can literally mean 5 people get all of it. Sometimes a person is cleaning out multiple stores. That leaves a LOT of people empty handed.

Imagine if at a shoe release, one person got the entire inventory. lol

On the other hand, I would hate to roll up, see a full stock, and be limited to two.

Honestly though, that might be the only way to attempt to get product into more peoples hands. Only works to an extent though because people will just bring the entire fam or switch corona masks and go back multiple times lol

I dont know what the solution is

The demand thing is two-fold though. Obviously Zion this year has demand thru the roof, but there are exponentially more people now too, than say last year even. I'm one of them lol

Curious when Wally World’s And Target’s will just tell fools like that to wait outside or change procedures if people start to become a nuisance? They’re literally taking up a checkout line and chilling there with a chair lol.

Never camped for shoes, and I will be damned to do it for cards. My time is more valuable than trying sitting there for hours. Some teenager crap right there.
If I wasn't able to get retail boxes, I have no problem paying resell value. Camping out like that is stupid as $#%^.. They can have it.

I work from home with a flexible schedule and still I don’t want to waste my time camping and lining up at my local target and Walmart. When I see grown *** men standing and waiting by the cards I just cringe. Too grown for that.

I don't even know if a bad draft class will tank retail wax prices...I mean you have Lebron 2019 prizm bases going for $100 RAW. You have people shelling out $50 + for second year Luka's and Trae's because they can't afford the prices of the RC's, and don't let Lamelo play well wherever he ends up and it will be even worse.

As long as singles can fetch the prices they're getting I don't see retail product sitting on shelves. The only thing that could tank it would be Panini pumping up production 3-4x and from what their business model looks like to me I can see them raising the prices of product before they print more.

Personally I can see sports card being like this for at least another year.

I thought the boom was temporary but I’m starting to believe it hasn’t even reached its peak yet. If you listen to the top guys in the industry , they get are contacted by people that are in hedge funds or in the financial industry that are trying to get into cards because they are seeing people make serious money.

When you have people dropping $5000 on Base cards/ prizms. This is truly just the beginning. A weak draft class isn’t going to stop this anytime soon IMO.

I thought the boom was temporary but I’m starting to believe it hasn’t even reached its peak yet. If you listen to the top guys in the industry , they get are contacted by people that are in hedge funds or in the financial industry that are trying to get into cards because they are seeing people make serious money.

Everyday I see more, and more people talking about cards...this is just the start in my opinion.

It will come back down to reality. Whether one month, one year, two years, or x years from now. It will eventually. Honestly if I had high dollar basketball cards I’d sell now and take my money, before everyone else does. Greed will eventually prevail. Everyone think they gonna get paid off cards.

I mean I sold two raw louis Robert base rookies recently for 35$ each. That’s absurd IMo

Been awhile since I posted my pickups. Got my Psa graded cards in today along with two weeks mail pickups. Enjoy.

was Hoping for a psa 8 on the lebron but I may re sub it again. Shocked I got a 10 on the mahomes. That will stay in my collection forever.
My Luka collection starting to look real nice. At about 60 Luka Rookies to date. Pictured is what I’ve obtained in the past month. Except for the three psa 10 prizms I already had and the auto.
70CE3378-C3E7-4703-AEFD-AC5FD26905C0.jpeg
11FD0AAE-EE62-404F-A9A3-2CE0E169605E.jpeg
AECCB4B8-BA96-49FD-AB30-9DD1EDE224AF.jpeg
06E5DF4C-CBC9-4359-B770-FAAF607A7AFD.jpeg
2D8361C1-B60A-41BA-B774-068BB9E0C3AA.jpeg
2D8361C1-B60A-41BA-B774-068BB9E0C3AA.jpeg
3FFC97E5-DABD-4B62-BFF0-0B54B427DF54.jpeg
125C70CE-334E-4939-AA49-C958B59FBE10.jpeg
26B811FF-7149-4222-9733-83A2D21CFB97.jpeg

Looking real nice. What do you use to store the slabs? A case or anything or just in the boxes?

It will come back down to reality. Whether one month, one year, two years, or x years from now. It will eventually. Honestly if I had high dollar basketball cards I’d sell now and take my money, before everyone else does. Greed will eventually prevail. Everyone think they gonna get paid off cards.

I mean I sold two raw louis Robert base rookies recently for 35$ each. That’s absurd IMo

Yeah of course there will be a correction. But a full blown crash like the junk wax era I can’t see. Not when we have grading companies, and so many online markets that make these cards so liquid and easy to sell.

Biggest thing in my opinion regarding longevity is how many of the new consumers will be end users meaning they actually plan to keep a card, or cards for the long haul.

If everyone is in it to buy, and dump to the next guy who also plans to do the same that’s not sustainable.

Me personally I keep Lebrons. Anything Lebron that hits my hand I keep anything else is a flip. I may branch out to other players but right now that’s it for me.

Looking real nice. What do you use to store the slabs? A case or anything or just in the boxes?

for my Luka PC and high end cards I have them in my Apache 2800 case, which you can find at harbor freight.

my other cards in regular top loaders, Slavs and one touch I have them in my bigger case, generic version of the apache.
44B7D3E0-ED57-4BAC-9B4A-344DAAB6C5F8.jpeg
BD0F618C-C669-4178-BAE4-0E2726F0483F.jpeg
44CDD08A-EDE8-4436-B7A6-62D8B52C577F.jpeg
73E8F916-EB3E-439C-9B2A-CE559103D245.jpeg

the generic case from container store below
844BFB0C-DF30-4582-8CDF-A2D0B71BE6E3.jpeg
A1118F38-5417-4CCD-9747-20BE69FDCBF0.jpeg

Attachments

• 795E3F8D-23AE-418A-B948-3295FE96272E.jpeg
    795E3F8D-23AE-418A-B948-3295FE96272E.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 12
Guys, let’s be real, 100% this market isn’t going to last forever. Might be five years, might be ten, but it will go up and down over time. If you are buying as an investment, be prepared and don’t panic when it does happen. So many dudes that unloaded over the last twenty years are kicking themselves right now.

With that said, I think cards (and Jordans) have demonstrated that they are a pretty big piece of Americana that will not likely disappear completely.

Does anyone else have issues with the PSA pop reports loading times? Especially on mobile?

BGS seems so much more smooth.

Soto is a beast. I’m glad I decided on him as the young guy I was gonna collect (even though I’m a Phil’s fan). :lol:

Back
Top Bottom