Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Pack breaks are one of my favorite things to watch on Youtube, but I would much rather buy single cards/sure things than packs. Man, I don't know how those people cope with buying those super expensive boxes and risking of not pulling something great. I've seen some really rough breaks where I sure would be pissed if it was me.

Be on the lookout. Went by a Walmart yesterday and found 3 Donruss 2017 hangers box with the old clearance stickers on them. They had some other 2017 football and 2017 baseball too. Was hoping to hit a Mahomes rookie but nope.

YouTube some breaks at your own risk.

I've seen some incredible stuff. They skim straight thru the commons searching the serial numbered cards, Auto's and jerseys. They don't open 1-2 boxes tho, they bust cases.
Just watched some. Crazy stuff. I get why its done, but the rush of opening packs is so much fun...and that is removed from this process.

Pack breaks are one of my favorite things to watch on Youtube, but I would much rather buy single cards/sure things than packs. Man, I don't know how those people cope with buying those super expensive boxes and risking of not pulling something great. I've seen some really rough breaks where I sure would be pissed if it was me.

I get this side too. I opened a couple Jumbo Bowman boxes a couple weekends ago, and my best card is probably worth around a hundred bucks. But I dont think I could pay for someone else to open my packs.

restock..no nba mega boxes tho
8C072BAD-F38E-4C28-A8EF-4C59F644766C.jpeg

just pulled a wander franco purple auto /250 from a megabox just now. just wish i did it with his rookie card last year instead lol. and a jason dominguez chrome. market is saturated with that card right now.

damn my target and walmart has nothing. shelves are always empty. Damn re-sellers. if anyone could hook me with any mosaic or bowman, pm me. ive been paying re-sell

just pulled a wander franco purple auto /250 from a megabox just now. just wish i did it with his rookie card last year instead lol. and a jason dominguez chrome. market is saturated with that card right now.
Knew jassons card would be everywhere. It has been declining. That's why I got rid of his cards as fast as I could lol

That's more NBA then I have seen in all my Targets combined this year which is not hard considering I have seen not even a single pack.
There are people getting to the stores at the crack of dawn and hanging around in the card area. Them fools waiting around for the guy from mj holding to come and restock lol

Some Targets have a second area for sports cards in the toys section. Didn't know that til today. He filled that section like the one in the front.

dude same here LOL. just found that out the other day there was another section where they stocked cards besides the front near the registers. SMH. i felt like i might've missed out so many times by having my girl park up front and me dashing to the front to see if they restocked and then dip.

Hey fellas, I was hoping to get some insight before making any purchases. With Topps 2020 incorporating artists designing cards and all, it's gotten me looking into the hobby and I've come across autographed cards (give me my late pass), and there are some I'd love to purchase to have and grow as a personal collection.

I've checked eBay and have seen many different types, even from the same brands. Some being from one particular year to another. I'm wondering first, is there a difference between which kind of autographs one can get? I see runs of some autographed cards are numbered and such. Is there more to this?

More importantly, are there fakes out? If so, anything to look into? Are any PSA or Beckett certified cards guaranteed to be authentic from sellers?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

restock..no nba mega boxes tho
8C072BAD-F38E-4C28-A8EF-4C59F644766C.jpeg

Have your finger on the pulse or you just getting lucky when you’re hitting Target? Lol

Also, saw a Wal Mart today that had cards in the electronics. Off place to be IMO. I’ve definitely checked the toy sections; was there today when I was directed to electronics.

Last edited:
Hey fellas, I was hoping to get some insight before making any purchases. With Topps 2020 incorporating artists designing cards and all, it's gotten me looking into the hobby and I've come across autographed cards (give me my late pass), and there are some I'd love to purchase to have and grow as a personal collection.

I've checked eBay and have seen many different types, even from the same brands. Some being from one particular year to another. I'm wondering first,is there a difference between which kind of autographs one can get? I see runs of some autographed cards are numbered and such. Is there more to this?

More importantly, are there fakes out? If so, anything to look into? Are any PSA or Beckett certified cards guaranteed to be authentic from sellers?

are there fakes out? If so, anything to look into?
I would not worry about fakes until you start buying higher end stuff. The bigger problem in the hobby is altered cards and grading companies not identifying them.

is there a difference between which kind of autographs one can get
In short yes. Even the same product can offer multiple different parallels of the same cards. Often they will be different color variations which will determine what each card is numbered to.

Are any PSA or Beckett certified cards guaranteed to be authentic from sellers
Nope. It defiantly helps when purchasing as far as condition, but just because a card is slabbed does not mean it's 100% authentic.

I've checked eBay and have seen many different types, even from the same brands. Some being from one particular year to another. I'm wondering first, is there a difference between which kind of autographs one can get? I see runs of some autographed cards are numbered and such. Is there more to this?

anything psa or bgs is certified and graded so you dont even have to worry about that most of the time, but always make sure they are reputable seller. That is moreso to get a a card graded for its condition, not for authentication purposes.

There are sticker autographs and on card ones. On card ones the player is actually signing and possibly touching the card, while a sticker is still an actual autograph and certified, the player signs a crapload of stickers and then the card company slabs them on the card.

cardboardconnection is a great place to learn more

if you are on facebook, check out sports cards buy sell trade, its a great place to find all kinds of cards from other hobby enthusiasts. PLenty of deals to be made.

They offer group breaks for boxes and rips. Obviously certain brands/products are more valuable and more sought after than others.

anybody you looking for particular or fan of>?

I would not worry about fakes until you start buying higher end stuff. The bigger problem in the hobby is altered cards and grading companies not identifying them.

In short yes. Even the same product can offer multiple different parallels of the same cards. Often they will be different color variations which will determine what each card is numbered to.

Nope. It defiantly helps when purchasing as far as condition, but just because a card is slabbed does not mean it's 100% authentic.
I appreciate the insight! I'll be sure to check sellers reputations like in all other purchases. So you're saying that cards can be graded and not even be authentic?

anything psa or bgs is certified and graded so you dont even have to worry about that most of the time, but always make sure they are reputable seller. That is moreso to get a a card graded for its condition, not for authentication purposes.

There are sticker autographs and on card ones. On card ones the player is actually signing and possibly touching the card, while a sticker is still an actual autograph and certified, the player signs a crapload of stickers and then the card company slabs them on the card.

cardboardconnection is a great place to learn more

if you are on facebook, check out sports cards buy sell trade, its a great place to find all kinds of cards from other hobby enthusiasts. PLenty of deals to be made.

They offer group breaks for boxes and rips. Obviously certain brands/products are more valuable and more sought after than others.

anybody you looking for particular or fan of>?
Sound like on card is the way to go.

I'll definitely check that place out as I don't have facebook. May just make one just due to deals.

I'm looking to get mostly Yankees players, Mariano, Matsui, Cole, Judge, etc. There's many I'm looking into.

I appreciate the insight so far!

Back
Top Bottom