Anybody work for the FBI? or try out?

Or any other type of federal jobs?
I am a Jr now and I am considering it as a career path.
I just want to get a feel for the experience or some advice on what would be my best path?....

I hope you don't have anything to hide because they will go very far back to determine your character.

wait...dude has a PE logo as an AV and is talking about working for the FBI?

laugh.gif

If you've smoked weed more than 7 times in your life, you wont cut it.

Nobody in there right mind would tell you on a message board that they work for the FBI/CIA etc.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Or any other type of federal jobs?
I am a Jr now and I am considering it as a career path.
I just want to get a feel for the experience or some advice on what would be my best path?....
its best if you have years of experience nuder your belt. they dont really hire newbs like you, junior.

My in-law applied for the fbi. He's ex-millitary. He had to go to about 5 different interviews, rigorous testing, all sorts of questions. Hedidn't get in because they said he his lie dectector test came out weird or something. Hope you live close to the headquaters because your gonna have tomake a couple of trips out there for testing. Don't let this discourge you just alittle info for what your in for.

My girl has the DEA as an option, but she also has an internship with a county sheriff dept so that type of thing should help

Dudes in here have this mindset that being an agent is on some X-Files type %%@*. A majority of these agents are paper pushers.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Dudes in here have this mindset that being an agent is on some X-Files type %%@*. A majority of these agents are paper pushers.

let them do them, you don't know anything about their mindset

dude said try out...
roll.gif

On the real though...My dad has worked for the FBI for 25 years, as a special agent, undercover work and whatnot, and SWAT team member, and then later in hiscareer doing security for special events (presidents funerals and such).
He has also been an instructor at the academy in Quantico (I think I spelled that right). From what I remember most academy recruits have at least a couple ofyears police or military service and even fulfilling that prerequisite the waiting list is still like 36 to 48 months.

Its very tough. A lot of drawn out processes in order to first be employed. Most people never get in because they failed the background check.

You shouldn't even be posting about your interest in the FBI. No one should know before you enroll, keep it hush hush.

Originally Posted by 18key

If you've smoked weed more than 7 times in your life, you wont cut it.

Is this really true or is it a bunch of bull? If it's true, it's bull regardless. I've smoked weed WAAAAY more than 7 times, but I don't seehow 7 times should make a definite determination. Kinda stupid if you ask me, I don't think that should be part of the credentials. So long as it'sbeen a while since you've smoked before applying.

Back
Top Bottom