anybody got experience dealing with unpaid internships

good thing?

i see the word unpaid and just
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

When I was in school most the internships I came across were unpaid. I did 2 unpaid internships.

When I was in school most the internships I came across were unpaid. I did 2 unpaid internships.

Yes and unless you can't find a PT job its the worst. It looked good on my resume and is part of the reason I'm at my current gig. If you really need the money, you should take time to think it over because transportation + lunch + other responsibilities can kill your account before you know it when you aren't getting compensated for your work.

Yes and unless you can't find a PT job its the worst. It looked good on my resume and is part of the reason I'm at my current gig. If you really need the money, you should take time to think it over because transportation + lunch + other responsibilities can kill your account before you know it when you aren't getting compensated for your work.

Originally Posted by Furrell

So how long did you work there before they hired you?

The experience will be the most valuable thing you get out of it in the long run. Most jobs want to see that you have experience rather than just the education.

My cousin and I are both doing unpaid internships this summer (this is his second one). If you can afford to do so, I would definitely give it some consideration. I had paid internship offers at other companies and within other divisions of the same company but I accepted the unpaid position because it would help my resume the most and its what I want to do after college.

My cousin and I are both doing unpaid internships this summer (this is his second one). If you can afford to do so, I would definitely give it some consideration. I had paid internship offers at other companies and within other divisions of the same company but I accepted the unpaid position because it would help my resume the most and its what I want to do after college.

The experience will be the most valuable thing you get out of it in the long run. Most jobs want to see that you have experience rather than just the education.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

I worked for 5 months as an intern and two as a contributing writer before I was let go due to office politics (I'd go into it but some NTers knew where I worked and have told my former employer things I've said about them). Luckily for me I didn't burn my bridge there and my editor put in a good word for me at the website I work for now.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

I worked for 5 months as an intern and two as a contributing writer before I was let go due to office politics (I'd go into it but some NTers knew where I worked and have told my former employer things I've said about them). Luckily for me I didn't burn my bridge there and my editor put in a good word for me at the website I work for now.

I did it while I was still in college. I don't know if I'd do it after I graduated. Unless you have a situation where you can make paper elsewhere or you live with fam or some +#!* where making paper is not a NECESSITY.

Unpaid internship at Capitol Records my last 2 years of college. Would get on a train at 8am half drunk to NYC and work all day Friday.

Hustled. Networked. Listened. Asked questions. Learned.

Capitol is owned by EMI. Got a job at Virgin, also owned by EMI when I graduated.

Still in the music biz 10+ years later.

+#!* paid off.....

I did it while I was still in college. I don't know if I'd do it after I graduated. Unless you have a situation where you can make paper elsewhere or you live with fam or some +#!* where making paper is not a NECESSITY.

Unpaid internship at Capitol Records my last 2 years of college. Would get on a train at 8am half drunk to NYC and work all day Friday.

Hustled. Networked. Listened. Asked questions. Learned.

Capitol is owned by EMI. Got a job at Virgin, also owned by EMI when I graduated.

Still in the music biz 10+ years later.

+#!* paid off.....

Anybody got a link to how to drop a nice cover letter, seems like all them joints want you to have one.

Anybody got a link to how to drop a nice cover letter, seems like all them joints want you to have one.

OP, I got you when I get back from outside. I have a PDF file from my alma mater's Career Services on resumes, cover letters, etc.

Back
Top Bottom