Anybody else in my position?....

Ive been feeling "left out" i guess you can say lately...i have no clue how to fix this?

My life is pretty good too...
-Go to school, get decent grades
-I have everything i want/need.
-I have very caring parents, who are always there for me.

However, when it comes to the weekend/or other days....i dont get one call from anybody to chill or hang out
eyes.gif
Its wierd cause ima very social dude. Then again , i feel like i dont have any friends....they only hit me up when they need me.

Maybe im overthinking this too much....but this feeling sure does suck.

I started feeling that way a few months after high schoo, you lose touch with people ... or people just grow up... forgot, move on, whatever it may be....

Get a girl

Find some friends

Talk to people in your classes

Let them know you'd like to chill hang out, that's all u can do

Oh ad, just my 2 cents, from just noticing things...

Part of growing up is realizing your friends will not be your friends forever, there will be a select few that you'll always keep in contact with (10 MAX, for me, its like 5) but our family will ALWAYS be there. I don't know how your relationship is with your fam, but me and my cousin have definatly gotten closer since I've graduated. Maybe u shud chill with your family more? I'm kinda making assumptions here, but I think you get my overall thinking..

Yeah, I feel you.
I'm going through that with a good friend of mine. We used to be really tight and hang out all the time after work. We used to work together and he was my manager but then I got promoted and sent to another store. We still see each other at weekly manager meetings and we'll call or text if we need to talk to each other about store business but other than that we never hang anymore. I kinda feel like he only saw me as a work friend when I thought we were cooler than that, but I guess not.
frown.gif

I can relate it really mean we are whack, lame, not part of the in crowd. Sorry kid reality is harsh sometimes.

Either be more assertive with the people who are worth it, or focus on yourself and realize that its better to accomplish things than to waste time with people who dont care much/dont matter.

Surround yourself with the right people but until then, occupy yourself with your goals.

Originally Posted by MECKS

Oh ad, just my 2 cents, from just noticing things...

Part of growing up is realizing your friends will not be your friends forever, there will be a select few that you'll always keep in contact with (10 MAX, for me, its like 5) but our family will ALWAYS be there. I don't know how your relationship is with your fam, but me and my cousin have definatly gotten closer since I've graduated. Maybe u shud chill with your family more? I'm kinda making assumptions here, but I think you get my overall thinking..
Thanks for the advice bro.

Alot of my family is back in my country(turkey), im REALLY close with mom and dad, and now that you point it out, recently my lil bro and i are starting to get close as well. Also, I got one cousin who im close with but shes 16, and doing her thing so im not even tryna bother her.

Its all good though, this is life and i know eventually things should get better
smokin.gif

I feel the same way

I think people sometimes feel like Im not too close to them.... as if I dont really care. Thats how I was raised tho

no emotions

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Ive been feeling "left out" i guess you can say lately...i have no clue how to fix this?

My life is pretty good too...
-Go to school, get decent grades
-I have everything i want/need.
-I have very caring parents, who are always there for me.

However, when it comes to the weekend/or other days....i dont get one call from anybody to chill or hang out
eyes.gif
Its wierd cause ima very social dude. Then again , i feel like i dont have any friends....they only hit me up when they need me.

Maybe im overthinking this too much....but this feeling sure does suck.
I feel you. In my case tho, it's family. They only hit me up to find out if I can hook them up with a job, or if I can do a favor for them.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MrBrown

I feel the same way

I think people sometimes feel like Im not too close to them.... as if I dont really care. Thats how I was raised tho

no emotions

makes sense, although I often actually dont care

I feel the same way

no emotions
x2

I feel the same way

no emotions

qft
tired.gif

"oh you never hit me up"
eyes.gif

23kidd wrote:
eyes.gif

I can definitely relate fam.
I've felt like this ever since high school was over. It was cool for about 4 months, but after that I never got hit up to do anything. The thing that irks me the most is that I try to socialize with the friends that I have left, but they always like "why don't we ever hang out? you never hit me up?"
indifferent.gif
. Word son? I'm the one who imitates the conversation 99% of the time and the one who asks you to hang out all the time. It's like these brothas get butthurt if you don't hit them up, but they make no effort what so ever to reach out
eyes.gif
. It sucks too when you try to make new friends, but people are more introverted than you haha.

It's whatever, just stay positive and do you. Work on yourself and improve it.

Originally Posted by MissDivaDoll

Yeah, I feel you.
I'm going through that with a good friend of mine. We used to be really tight and hang out all the time after work. We used to work together and he was my manager but then I got promoted and sent to another store. We still see each other at weekly manager meetings and we'll call or text if we need to talk to each other about store business but other than that we never hang anymore. I kinda feel like he only saw me as a work friend when I thought we were cooler than that, but I guess not.
frown.gif
kinda sounds like hes salty, imo

You need to put your foot done in the relationship that you ahve with your "friends" take control on waht you guys do, be the planner.

eek.gif
started going through something similar OP
homies were real tight with me then they started hitting me up more when they needed me and i was like aightt i seee..
eyes.gif
so i dont kick it with them anymore we still talk though but rarely
there's only a few tight homies i kick it with now its all good though
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by M4rioL

I feel the same way

no emotions

this. If I didn't know any better, it seemed like I wrote this thread. they hit me up and tell me I have a busy life and "why aren't you hanging out more? maybe because you do have hella friends"(was a social bug in HS) I really don't. like the responses on this thread said, you can manage to keep around 10 if your lucky

Back
Top Bottom